Author Topic: Big Items of the Future!  (Read 212308 times)

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Big Items of the Future!
« Reply #780 on: November 5, 2021, 08:10 PM »
Not being a 6" collector, I'm tempted to buy the rancor as a standalone display piece just for its wow factor. But with so many nice big stuff for TVC, I really need to keep my focus on the heritage line.

Prior to the announcement of the rancor, I was expecting the Haslab project to be the Mandalorian Gauntlet Fighter https://www.starwars.com/databank/the-gauntlet. I would seriously go ape**** if that was produced.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 27, 2021, 11:57 PM »
Not sure if this was talked about already… but would you buy a large scale AT-M6, say… $450?

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 28, 2021, 01:03 PM »
Not sure if this was talked about already… but would you buy a large scale AT-M6, say… $450?

Not really.  I personally am satisfied with all the different flavors of AT-AT, Big AT-AT, AT-ACT, etc. that we've received over the years. 

I'd rather they do something all new that we don't have any modern version of - Ghost, Hoth Troop Transport, etc.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #783 on: November 29, 2021, 11:30 AM »
Lots of good ideas, I still would like a TVC Heavy Shuttle from Rogue One.  I highly doubt it could get a decent retail release and not many outside the collecting community would want it.  Stretch goals could be members of the Rogue One crew we either have not received yet or specially carded versions of ones we do have.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #784 on: November 29, 2021, 03:26 PM »
I'd pay good money for a new Y-Wing or B-Wing, and I'd buy several of them (and probably wouldn't be alone). I feel like Haslab could start producing some smaller—but still big—items from time to time. A Y-Wing in a decent scale would probably be around the size of the Naboo Starship toy.

The Transformers Victory Saber was $175, so I can't imagine they couldn't run a TVC Haslab that runs cheaper than the $350-500 range.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 03:29 PM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 29, 2021, 05:51 PM »
Yup, I've been wanting a new y-wing for some time. Scaled to the TVC x-wing this would make a good Haslab item. No electronics... offer them in different deco... I'm in for a few.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 05:52 PM by Jedi Idej »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #786 on: November 30, 2021, 03:40 AM »
Give my left nut for a 1/18 UWing.  Not truncated but a true 1/18.  It’s mostly wing so like a tie fighter it’s reasonable, and it should be bigger than the larger ships they’ve done already (that are undersized) so it wouldn’t make them look off or anything.

I’m to the point though, big ships kinda need to be pretty damn special because the barge and RC will be absolute hogs together in anyone’s collection.  Something would probably have to go, or go into storage ultimately.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Online Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 30, 2021, 06:45 AM »
For sure our first modern OT Y Wing would get me to bite.

It's a bit of a sea change at all that a one man fighter now qualifies as a Big Item, but I get it, things have dramatically changed.

I think a proper U Wing would be too big for me unless it was going to be the anchor of a Rogue One collection, which it would certainly could, I just don't want to commit to a Rogue One permanent display. This would be the kind of HasLab that would hang on its stretch goals and the whole package for me to bite.

The At M6 holds no interest for me...if they had done anything other than just stand in the distance, maybe...but there just isn't anything exciting about it for me, I would pass.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 30, 2021, 10:46 AM »
I hear you guys, I guess I just hope that HasLab doesn't become a way for them to do re-sculpts of existing vehicles.  I iike it for big stuff that just can't get done in the regular line. 

Y-Wing's and B-Wing's should just get made the same way the X-Wing and Slave I were over the last few years.

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 30, 2021, 11:00 AM »
I hear you guys, I guess I just hope that HasLab doesn't become a way for them to do re-sculpts of existing vehicles.  I iike it for big stuff that just can't get done in the regular line. 

Y-Wing's and B-Wing's should just get made the same way the X-Wing and Slave I were over the last few years.

I agree.  While the current U/Y/X/B-wings are scaled down and not perfect, they're pretty darn good as toys. 

I would be far more interested in a totally new expensive item like The Ghost vs. an expensive Y-Wing.  I can easily find room for an all new item while I'd have to think quite a bit about buying a better, larger iteration of something I've already got.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: November 30, 2021, 12:07 PM »
Give my left nut for a 1/18 UWing.  Not truncated but a true 1/18.  It’s mostly wing so like a tie fighter it’s reasonable, and it should be bigger than the larger ships they’ve done already (that are undersized) so it wouldn’t make them look off or anything.

I’m to the point though, big ships kinda need to be pretty damn special because the barge and RC will be absolute hogs together in anyone’s collection.  Something would probably have to go, or go into storage ultimately.

I'm holding out hope that the ANDOR series will prominently feature the U-Wing.  I've heard it said in a lot of the BTS features that Lucasfilm actively works to have a library of digital models on hand, and re-using the U-Wing would seem to make sense in Cassian Andor's story.  But then there's the matter of how does Hasbro do it?

Like you said, a lot of the U-Wing is WING.  I think the main hull of the ship can be upsized to something like the current, bigger version of Slave I.  That would almost certainly allow for the two seat cockpit and the troop bay.  Putting the wings on when the customer assembles the ship seems like a reasonable thing to do.

I also had an idea for a Haslab, unrelated to this - the LAAT/C (Republic Gunship AT-TE carrier) with an AT-TE.  Clone Wars still has such a strong fandom, and it's crossing over into The Vintage Collection with greater regularity.  This could be one of those dream releases that Haslab was designed to take on.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #791 on: November 30, 2021, 01:45 PM »
I'm holding out hope that the ANDOR series will prominently feature the U-Wing.

Ditto for me.  That would be a great excuse for Hasbro to do an all-new HasLab U-Wing.  Toss in pre-release TVC versions of Baze and Bohdi as a couple of the Tiers.

I also am hoping for the same on The Ghost.  If it makes an appearance in the Disney+ Ahsoka show, perfect time to get a HasLab Ghost going.  Tiers could be pre-release versions of TVC Sabine and TVC Hera.   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 30, 2021, 02:29 PM »
I would be super excited to back a Ghost. My son used to use my BMF as the Ghost when he would play Rebels with the figures he had, to have one finally get produced would be a big deal in our house.

I would also back a Twilight in a second should it reappear and become relevant at some point.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #793 on: November 30, 2021, 03:06 PM »
I also had an idea for a Haslab, unrelated to this - the LAAT/C (Republic Gunship AT-TE carrier) with an AT-TE.  Clone Wars still has such a strong fandom, and it's crossing over into The Vintage Collection with greater regularity.  This could be one of those dream releases that Haslab was designed to take on.

I would welcome this, but they will need to re-release the AT-TE if the Haslab would just be the Dropship.  I can't see them doing a Haslab for two vehicles.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 30, 2021, 04:21 PM »
If they do a U-Wing, my only request is rigid plastic that won't bend and sag for those wings.