Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 4 - AotC  (Read 103822 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 4 - AotC
« Reply #285 on: June 18, 2011, 12:27 AM »
It could easily have been a return from another store, or a return on a receipt using a figure someone didn't want in place of what they did want...  It's hard to say.

It could just as easily be that you missed a case of figures...  Obi-Wan is one who tends to sit from that assortment, but it'd be odd not to see all the other stuff from it that tends to sit.  *shrugs*

WM is the place to be for 4...  I have seen it in bulk at this point, except Jango and Anakin.  All the rest, tons.  Someone bought me an extra Senate Guard tonight that's been hanging out for about a month now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 18, 2011, 05:29 AM »
It could easily have been a return from another store, or a return on a receipt using a figure someone didn't want in place of what they did want...  It's hard to say.

Yeah, probably; I remember hearing something similar to this before. It had never really crossed my mind before that they could be returned. I'm still hoping to see these in bulk sometime soon, though.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 18, 2011, 09:08 AM »
Could have been from wave 6.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 18, 2011, 10:48 AM »
I was VERY surprised to see a case of this wave show up at one of my local stores recently.  And because of that I finally was able to score Jango Fett.  Convenient for me, yes.  But it only serves to highlight just how screwed up distribution really is when a case of Wave 4 turns up like this when Wave 7 is finally starting to show up in stores.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 19, 2011, 10:25 AM »
All I ever saw from this wave was the Blue Senate Guard.  If he was even from this wave?  I can't remember.  I wanted Zam, Jango, Anakin, Padme, Kenobi.  Oh well maybe someday?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 19, 2011, 01:07 PM »
Anakin is in stock at HTS. Kenobi should be easy to find - he was in the Wave 6 case so in my area he's quite common.

If the Wave 7 case ever starts hitting, that will result in more Jangos hitting the pegs. Unfortunately it seems that Zam and Padme are going to be limited to the Wave 4 case.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 20, 2011, 03:08 AM »
Unfortunately it seems that Zam and Padme are going to be limited to the Wave 4 case.

It makes sense being they're the only female characters in this wave. It's a shame they're being limited to one case, as they appear to be doing more or less very well at retail.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #292 on: June 20, 2011, 02:54 PM »
Like was mentioned with Wedge, you never know where Zam (or a less likely Padme) might resurface in future assortments.  It seems to me Hasbro is currently looking at ways to refresh things, and get the line back on track...  Case assortments are probably getting some serious tweaking right now.  There isn't even a pre-order available for the next wave though, so who knows who may make a return in a future case?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 21, 2011, 04:22 AM »
They've repacked Obi-Wan and the Senate Guard in Wave 6... Obi-Wan is the big pegwarmer from that wave, at least around here. In fact, there's one local WM that has 4 pegs full of AOTC Obi-Wans and 4 pegs full of ROTS Obi-Wans :o
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 21, 2011, 03:25 PM »
I found this entire wave at Wal-Mart last night. I bought Kit and Jango, and left the rest. I thought about buying a second Zam, but decided against it.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 21, 2011, 04:39 PM »
I found this entire wave at Wal-Mart last night. I bought Kit and Jango, and left the rest. I thought about buying a second Zam, but decided against it.

It's because of things like this where a wave that should have shipped around the 2010 holiday season is still in the pipeline that causing the difficulty in getting a wave like the RFT one out to the pegs now...  >:(
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 22, 2011, 08:57 AM »
Happened into a K-Mart yesterday and picked up a Mace, Kit and SBD. With the exception of Jango, which I'll pick up in wave 7, I'm finally done with this wave.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 22, 2011, 07:09 PM »

I found yet another Wal-Mart in my area that restocked this entire wave.

EDIT: Today I found a third store that has stocked this wave.   ???
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:15 PM by Aucassin »