Author Topic: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)  (Read 114847 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)
« Reply #195 on: August 13, 2012, 12:03 AM »
That makes a lot more sense then since there's not a spot for it at Target stores but the new Wal-Mart planogram has it.  Didn't they have it online at Target.com?  Or am I imagining that?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #196 on: August 13, 2012, 12:17 AM »
Their report is incorrect. That is a shelf at Walmart.  ;)

I concur with JJ - Target doesn't use the yellow/red price stickers on the shelf like that...  here's the 'trooper's pic:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 13, 2012, 10:10 AM »
I would expect no less then to see the MTT sitting on a shelf like that at WM.  Plus I don't think Target sells those generic army dudes on the left.. ?  Lot of empty space there as well.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 22, 2012, 08:59 AM »
I saw a couple of these last night at Walmart for the first time, $129.96.

Good luck with that!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 22, 2012, 11:07 AM »
I found two last week at one of my local WalMarts - I was gonna wait to get an opener on clearance, but the way things are going with this line, I'm starting to doubt there will be a chance for this to go on clearance like the Republic Attack Shuttle did.

So I pulled the trigger on both.

The vehicle itself is a lot cooler then I thought it would be.

The droids that come packed with it are rather weak. Same goes with the Obi-Wan - come to think of it, it just occurred to me that I might have accidentally thrown him away - oops!  :-X
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 22, 2012, 11:53 AM »
Well at least you didn't throw the MTT in the trash   ;)  Droids and Obi-Wan aside - do you feel it was worth $130 Pete?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2012, 12:53 PM »
Yeah - it's a good size, not as big as it should be (obviously) but it dwarfs the Trade Federation Tank nicely so they fit together well in any Droid Army display you might have.

It will make a great display piece that I can stage all of my Trade Federation Droid Army on in my EP1 display case (once I move stuff around to actually FIT it)

Edit: Ok - so yeah - I did throw Obi-Wan in the trash, but thankfully, the bag with the packaging trash from this set and several other recently opened toys so I was able to "rescue" him...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 01:15 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 24, 2012, 04:35 PM »
I saw one of these last night.  A big box like this is definitely impressive.  But the vehicle itself is not all that inspiring.  Especially when you have to plunk down $130 + tax for it.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 24, 2012, 06:59 PM »
I found one Wal-Mart in my area that is carrying this. They had two on the shelf this morning. I was surprised by how heavy it felt. Despite the fun-looking features, I ultimately passed. I still don't think it's worth the SRP.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2012, 07:38 PM »
Really excited that they are coming out with a Mini-Rig that interfaces with this - the back area seems kinda pointless so, for me, the reveal of that Class-I vehicle was pretty cool...
Peter

Offline Spirit of MAC

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2012, 04:56 AM »
It's still beyond my comprehension that Hasbro didn't get this beast out during the (failed) TPM 3D push.  Holding this non-iconic vehicle back so there's no decent marketing push to help boost it's sales along, while it's saddled with such a hefty price tag is a recipe for disaster - even moreso if it doesn't make it to all the regular B&M stores.  Further, Hasbro trying to coerce collectors into buying this by suggesting it's ultimate sales numbers will likely dictate the potential fate of a Jabba's Sail Barge being made in the future just sucks.  That's hardly an apples to apples comparison, if that's really what Hasbro will be basing it's decision on.  The Barge is a far more iconic vehicle, plus it's from the OT and is the basis for a major plot point's setting (with far more "play-value" built in).  The BMF's sales from a couple years back would be a far more valid comparison (or even the AT-AT's).  Considering these two are coming back to retail again next year, along with Boba's Slave-1, I think Hasbro must know that iconic OT vehicles are a far surer sale than what they're going to be seeing with this MTT.

With that in mind, I'm not too worried about nabbing this vehicle just yet, and will probably wait to get one until they drop into double digits, at least.  Hopefully Pete's concern isn't validated, and I don't get burned for my patience.  I definitely agree that the interactivity with the future mini-rig vehicle is an added plus for this set, but again, foresight and better planning would've really helped, as releasing the mini-rig the year AFTER the MTT's release (I'm assuming) is just flat out stupid beyond words.  Unless, of course, these MTTs are still shelf-warming next year, which is certainly a possibility.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 05:13 AM by SpIrIt Of MaCe »
Softgoods suck.  Almost as much as the Prequels.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #206 on: August 27, 2012, 05:12 AM »
My guess, and this is just an assumption on my part, is it took them this long to get it to retail and it wasn't tied to them holding it back...  Maybe I'm wrong, but I think if they could've had this on shelves in Jan/Feb, they would've.

That said, I am seeing a boatload of MTT's at WM now.  Eveyr WM has 'em out on the shelves, just all of a sudden.

I too passed...  $130 is too much for this IMO.  Though I may be tempted if it dips below $100...  I think even $80 might make me move on this one, and just BS it as a smaller trooper transport and redesignate it or something.  $130's not cool though and I will stick to my guns with that.  It's a nice enough toy, just not nearly as nice as the AT-TE, TT, and AT-AT.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Spirit of MAC

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 27, 2012, 05:59 AM »
My guess, and this is just an assumption on my part, is it took them this long to get it to retail and it wasn't tied to them holding it back...  Maybe I'm wrong, but I think if they could've had this on shelves in Jan/Feb, they would've.

Yeah, I'd certainly agree with that.  I didn't word my post very well there.  Much like with the Naboo Starfighter and Tank that are now SOL, I know Hasbro would've preferred to get them into the TPM line originally.  They just failed in that attempt, miserably.  So I was meaning to bash their overall operational effectiveness more than their planning really.  Had they gotten that MTT into the line back when they should've, they may have sold a few more Battle Droids, Droidekas and Gungans.  Had they gotten that Naboo Starfighter in there when they should've, maybe that stupid Ric Olie and Naboo Pilot wouldn't have clogged the pegs quite as badly for the next 7-8 months.  Now they're going to hurt the sales of the MTT's respective mini-rig vehicle by not having that at retail simultaneously to the MTT.  Hasbro is just constantly hurting themselves on both ends with their sloppy organizing and managing of the line.  I'm sure there's outside factors that play into these delays far more than we can imagine, but still, Hasbro has lost the benefit of the doubt when it comes to problems with the line due to their poor decisions.  I blame them - not striking Chinese workers, Lucasfilm, or whoever else they'd like to shift the blame to.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:11 AM by SpIrIt Of MaCe »

Offline warinthefloor

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 27, 2012, 12:12 PM »
What is
this mini rig
of which you guys speak!?!?

Offline Spirit of MAC

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 27, 2012, 05:22 PM »