Author Topic: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)  (Read 114846 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 TPM Multi-Troop Transport (MTT)
« Reply #255 on: November 4, 2012, 11:44 PM »
The TRU stores near me are pretty well stocked up on MTT's.  But then, it seems that TRU stores are starting to get up to holiday stocking levels.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #256 on: November 8, 2012, 11:04 PM »
Finally caved on the MTT. :-[

I received a one-time use code for Target.com (25% off an item) this past weekend, so I decided to finally grab an MTT.  With the "Top Toy" catalog coupon ($5 off $19+ Star Wars) and my red card (5% off plus free ship), the damage was around $95 with tax.  I probably should have just waited for the clearance sales, but $100 was my line in the sand for these big ships and this purchase was under that, so I can't complain.  Plus, buying it now probably sends a better 'full support' message, which will help when they're deciding on the future of these big vehicles (*cough*www.bringonthebarge.com*cough*).  ;)

That said, this really is a fun toy.  Sounds, motorized parts, a ****load of battle droids (yeah, they are unarticulated junk, but there's a lot of them :P).  Glad to have it in the collection despite it's reputation as just a "big brown turd". 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 11, 2012, 12:11 PM »
I caved on this earlier this week as well, Jeff.  Given that my retail options are limited to a few Wal-Marts, a single Target, and one TRU, and since each WM only got 2, I figured I may as well bite the bullet.  It wasn't worth the 130 bucks by a longshot (and will probably cost me more as I try to get regular Battle Droids to fill out the rack instead of the statues included), but all in all, it is a pretty fun toy.  I think the timing of it was a huge mistake, what with TPM 3D pretty much disappearing quickly at the box office 8 months before it was released, the overall apathy toward TPM from the general public, and the horrible state at retail in general with SW this year making many people wonder if there were even new SW toys being released. 

Toys R Us applying their infamous "Lego Tax" to everything these days isn't helping things either, but given how many of this year's "new" items are in the "see them once and they disappear completely" category, I figured I'd better buy it now and regret it temporarily than not buy it and regret not buying it if/when I never saw it again, clearance or otherwise, in 2013.  After all, TRU is the only retailer that seems to be getting it in large numbers, and they're not exactly known for clearancing things out on a timely basis.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 12, 2012, 02:46 PM »
Back in stock on Amazon @ $129 free shipping / no tax (in my state)  Hoping I don't wait too long looking for a deal on this thing...   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 15, 2012, 11:05 AM »
It's good to see a few more people picking this thing up.  I still think it's well worth the full $130 price tag.  By comparison, a case of figures costs about the same thing - and with Hasbro, that's usually more repacks than I can stomach. 

So yeah, glad I have it.  If Wal-Mart has more after Christmas and clearances them out, I might grab another.  It will really depend on how the finances look at that point more than anything else.  My hometown Wal-Mart still had 7 of them as of last night. 

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 3, 2012, 09:41 AM »
Amazon is saying according to this schedule that they are doing lightning deals on toys on 12/6 :  http://www.amazon.com/Top-Holiday-Deals/b/ref=thd2012_bunk_1203?ie=UTF8&node=5550343011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-B1&pf_rd_r=14ZYBAKBC6CVX0TFK70A&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1438306302&pf_rd_i=507846

perhaps we will see a good price on the MTT then?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 10, 2012, 01:31 AM »
Pretty good price on the MTT at TRU.com.  $90 even with store pickup!  That's a lot easier to stomach than even the $130 it's selling for at WalMart stores.

Feedback

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 10, 2012, 08:45 AM »
easier to stomach, but I am not ready to bite

thanks for the heads up

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 10, 2012, 09:52 AM »
Pretty good price on the MTT at TRU.com.  $90 even with store pickup!  That's a lot easier to stomach than even the $130 it's selling for at WalMart stores.

Looks like this may have been TRU's version of a lightning deal, because prices are back to $129.99 for the MTT

Feedback

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 10, 2012, 10:12 AM »
bummer....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 10, 2012, 11:01 AM »
I finally pulled the trigger on the MTT! Ended up being $96.08 after tax, which I'm perfectly okay with! I didn't want to pay $130, but $100 was the sweet spot I was hoping for. I've wanted an MTT since I was 7 (I grew up with TPM, mind you) so I'm very excited to have it coming!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 10, 2012, 08:02 PM »
Yeah, that $96.08 price was tough to pass on.

Did you opt for shipping or the store pickup? 

Oh, and this sale was part of TRU's flash deals.  They're updated pretty frequently, so you may want to check that page periodically.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:03 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 10, 2012, 08:48 PM »
Yeah, that $96.08 price was tough to pass on.

Did you opt for shipping or the store pickup? 

Oh, and this sale was part of TRU's flash deals.  They're updated pretty frequently, so you may want to check that page periodically.

I was going to do store pickup but my local store was listed as out of stock, so I had to ship it. And thanks for the heads-up about the flash deal thing, I didn't know TRU was running those. I thought it was weird that the MTT/BMF deals were only for yesterday, but it makes sense now.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 10, 2012, 10:04 PM »
Happy to help!  These flash deals are pretty nice.

I have a good number of TRU stores near me, but I had to do some searching to find one store locally that had them in stock.  But it's a weird arrangement.  You have to wait for an email from TRU stating that it's ready for pickup.  I'm wondering if I go into that particular store with my email receipt if they'll just give me mine.  Because part of the deal is that you have to make the pickup within 5 days.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 10, 2012, 10:19 PM »
I think you have to pickup the item within five days of notice that the item arrived in store - not five days from when you order.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today