Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 419299 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1365 on: July 29, 2005, 11:20 PM »
I wondered why I saw two Visions at a Target I hit today.  :-*
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1366 on: July 30, 2005, 12:24 AM »
Saw remnants of the SMC Beetle Wave at TRU tonight

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1367 on: July 30, 2005, 11:42 AM »
Saw remnants of the SMC Beetle Wave at TRU tonight

Same with me but it was al Walmart. They had all the figures except Beetle. They also had the best of case, no variants though.  :-[
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1368 on: August 1, 2005, 10:00 AM »
I broke down and picked up a SuperHero Showdown starter pack this weekend.  I've always been a fan of the 3 3/4" scale, and I at least wanted to have the Spidey from the series.  From some of the things I've read, the Thing/Spidey two pack might be the best that are out so far.  I paid $16 (including tax) for this two pack...so at $8 a pop, I don't think I'll be getting many (or any) more.  Awfully steep when a ML figure is cheaper.  The "game" makes no difference to me, so that's not an "added value" to me ;).  It is kind of neat having ML type figures in this scale though, these two are pretty good at least.  Not sure if I'll get anymore though, our local TRU just had the two starter packs when I picked these up last Friday.

I don't know if it is just because I am more used to the Marvel Legends size figures, but these (especially Spidey) really seem tiny.  Kind of neat seeing these characters in this scale though, reminds me of the Secret Wars days when I was a kid ;).  The price might end up killing these though.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 04:06 PM by mosnab »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1369 on: August 1, 2005, 11:03 AM »
Red X's.  I kind of want to pick these up but the price may indeed kill it for me.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1370 on: August 2, 2005, 12:52 AM »
I just don't see how these can be as expensive as ML figures at TRU.

I was going to pick up a Punisher for ***** and giggles, but the paint on the ones I found was just horrible, plus the $8 price tag.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1371 on: August 8, 2005, 01:52 PM »
I was just thinking this weekend while looking through the toy aisle, is that Toy Biz is really waiting a long time to release the movie Dr. Doom figure.  Although it isn't a real big deal right now since the movie hype is dying down, and some people really disliked the movie and/or the character designs anyways...but it just doesn't make sense to me.  If they are marketing this towards kids (like all the toy lines like to tell us), I think the kids as well would like to have someone for their Fantastic 4 (or three :P) to fight against.  I was kind of hoping to pick one up, just because I ended up getting the 4 and I don't have a Doom figure yet.  They always seem to like to really limit the villains in their movie lines, and I still don't understand why.  It seems like they might be missing their window not shipping more of the later stuff (Doom in particular).  I don't know that the Fantastic Four movie figures will have the staying power at retail that Spidey did/does.  I can still find Spidey figure sections at each of the big three, and I don't know if that will be able to be said for F4 a year+ later like this.

On a side note, the SuperHero Showdown packs seemed to have disappeared from our local TRU.  We just had about 4 or so of the "starter packs", and after I picked one up, the rest seemed to disappear.  Either that or I am just missing them totally when I go in there.  Still not sure about this line, seems awfully pricey for what you're getting...especially when a larger, better Marvel Legends figure can be had for less.  I do really like the Spidey though (although he is quite delicate).  Looks kind of neat posed on the stand on top of our computer.  The Thing is nice too.  It will be interesting to see how this line takes off (or doesn't).  I don't know that I'm going any further with it really, at least not planning on it right now.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2005, 01:54 PM by mosnab »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1372 on: August 8, 2005, 04:38 PM »
Since you brought it up, I am a little upset about the lack of new FF figures. I really wanted the Astronaut Ben Grimm and the removable mask Doom. I fear that they will not be coming out.  :-[

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1373 on: August 9, 2005, 07:33 AM »
Toy Biz really has missed the boat on the FF figures. After all you can find how many different Spider-Man figures, and how many different X-Men figures when the movies came out? But when it comes to FF you get 2 different HT, Things, and MF, and 3 different paints of IW, but no bad guys!! WHAT THE ****!!!
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1374 on: August 9, 2005, 09:53 AM »
A poster on the action-figure.com (and ToyNewsI.com) forums is reporting that a new X-23 figure is on the cover of the latest ToyFare, possibly confirming the rumored lineups of ML 12 and 13.  These are the lineups that were discussed:

Legends Wave 12 (Apocalypse Series)
Iron Fist
Astonishing Wolverine
Bishop
X-23
Sasquatch
Maestro Hulk

Legends Wave 13 (Villains Series)
Green Goblin
Loki
Abomination
Pyro
Lady Deathstrike
Blackheart

Could be possible confirmation of these waves, or maybe just confirmation of the X-23 figure.  Seems like an odd figure to put out before the likes of Kingpin, Quicksilver, Psylocke, Havok, Kitty Pryde, etc.  If these are the lineups, I'm personally not overly excited, although I might pick up a few.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1375 on: August 9, 2005, 10:01 AM »
Looks like I might take a break until Wave 13 and then only Loki and Abomination >:(

What the hell is an X-23?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1376 on: August 9, 2005, 10:07 AM »
I'm not real familiar with X-23 either, but I mainly remember seeing her show up on the old X-Men Evolutions cartoon.  I've seen her mentioned in the comic world, but I don't really read X-Men comics (or hers) so I don't know.  From what I gather, she's sort of a female version of Wolverine (with claws), she might even be a clone?  Others probably know much more than I do though.

I think these two waves will be pretty light for me as well.  I think Iron Fist is the only tempting one from 12, but I don't know that I necessarily "need" that one either.  Wave 13 is a little more tempting with the villains, but I'm not sure which ones I will pick up.  I'll likely get the Goblin if it is good, since I still don't have one.  Really, waves 11, 12, and 13 aren't overly exciting to me.  There are some good figures in each, but the "waves" don't seem quite as good as they used to.  I guess that is in part because so many characters have been done already.  At least some people are getting some of their own requested figures though.  I wonder how much "juice" the ML line has left in it?  Certainly there are a number of characters left to do, just depending on which ones ToyBiz chooses to make.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1377 on: August 9, 2005, 10:22 AM »
Brian's right, X-23 is basically a female version of Wolverine.  Don't know much more about her as I don't read any X books.

Iron Fist, Sasquatch and Bishop from wave 12 and all of wave 13 except Green Goblin for me. 
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1378 on: August 9, 2005, 10:55 AM »
It looks like someone has posted the cover/ToyFare pics of X-23 at this link, at least for now.  If anyone is interested.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #1379 on: August 9, 2005, 12:39 PM »
Yawn