Author Topic: Republic Dropship  (Read 16861 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Republic Dropship
« on: July 12, 2008, 11:04 PM »
Check out what the guys at POTF2.COM have uncovered.  An LAAT/c dropship!  Click the link for an image.  A perfect companion piece to the new AT-TE!

***EDIT - As pointed out further down in the thread, this is a custom.  False alarm.  Might be worth moving this to the customs section.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 01:46 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Republic Dropship
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 11:25 PM »
Well for one I was not expecting to see that, however it looks like it is not to scale with the AT-TE. Good thing I am passing on the TE or else I would feel compelled to buy this thing as well.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 11:26 PM »
I'm pretty sure those are both customs done in 2002/2003. I remember an article on Hasbro.com... I think the maker won a contest for best Young Collector or something of that nature. He got an action figure of himself, I believe. But yeah, that picture has been around for quite some time. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 11:43 PM »
Thank goodness.  I definitely do not have room or cash for a drop ship on top of everything else.  :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 11:49 PM »
I'm pretty sure those are both customs done in 2002/2003. I remember an article on Hasbro.com... I think the maker won a contest for best Young Collector or something of that nature. He got an action figure of himself, I believe. But yeah, that picture has been around for quite some time. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Now that you mention it the TE does look different, and that isnt the animated clone on top. Ill hold you to it buddy  :P. no doubt you are wrong though now that I have looked this Te over. but either way I still would not be affected lol.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 11:56 PM »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 01:42 AM »
Oh drat!  The same image/scan is in a post from 2004?  So unfair.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 02:29 AM »
Still...nice work.  Do we know who made it?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 02:34 AM »
I don't recall the guy's name or if he cranked out much more than the dropship and AT-TE but I do recall these customs some years ago.  Made quite a splash because at the time nobody had attempted either item.  A few more of each have turned up then...  The look of them going together is cool but I thought Hasbro sounded sort of sour on the idea of the Dropship when asked?  I can't recall if I heard that right or I'm imagining it.

I would think they could at least re-use parts from the Gunship to create a dropship that somehow interacted with the AT-TE.  Together though, that'd be a WHOLE lot for a kid to pick up and "fly" around. ;) 

Still things made to interact with the bigger toys would probably be cool ideas and help the sales along even if the item's a little more dull.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 10:07 AM »
I remember seeing that picture from before. They still look great.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 03:44 PM »
Where were these pictures back on April 1st?  Would have made for a great gag...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 10:43 AM »
Where were these pictures back on April 1st?  Would have made for a great gag...

Agreed. I'd have bit on this. (and cursing under my breath at having to save another $100 or so)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010