Author Topic: TFA First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter w/Pilot  (Read 5085 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
TFA First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter w/Pilot
« on: September 1, 2015, 09:20 PM »
First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter w/Pilot

Like Poe in the X-Wing set, very cool to see the pilot has removable helmet at least. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: TFA First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter w/Pilot
« Reply #1 on: September 1, 2015, 11:32 PM »
I agree, nice to see the pilot a little closer to the quality that Hasbro is capable of.

This is one of my few "gotta get" items this weekend.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 2, 2015, 11:21 PM »
Warping, rubbery wings...oh, boy. 

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 5, 2015, 11:34 AM »
On the one I opened, the wings are pretty good. I had a hard time trying to squeeze the pack-in pilot into the two seater cockpit, so I tried the carded version of the pilot and that fit very well, so now I just have two of that version in the cockpit and the removeable helmet version standing next to the vehicle.

A lame compromise but at least there is A version of the First Order TIE Pilot that does fit.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 5, 2015, 01:05 PM »
It is interesting that the ship takes two pilots and there is rear view window for the second pilot. I guess TIEs can shoot starboard and aft. Not sure why Hasbro didn't give us large wings. The ship is like starting over with the original wings again. The cockpit chair(s) are pretty well detailed but there is nothing on the walls and no flight controls. No stickers inside. The wings pop off with triggers underneath and are a little bigger than the OT TIE. You can't swap the large wings with this one without some cutting. The missiles fire one at a time. The back of the TIE reminds me of a Sith Inflitrator.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 5, 2015, 03:54 PM »
One of the missiles doesnt snap in solidly. Not really a big deal. I like the new TIE, one of the few musts for me. I could see how the rubbery wings might turn folks off though.
I am not the Stig

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 8, 2015, 12:04 AM »
At some point Hasbro clearly implanted something in my brain because I seldom dislike a toy they make so take this with the same grain of salt I always mention: The more I look at this Tie the MORE I like it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 02:30 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 8, 2015, 09:06 AM »
Interesting the pack in figure is the superior version of the character compared to the carded version. Usually its the other way around. What is with the pin head carded TIE pilot?

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 8, 2015, 02:25 PM »
Finally opened the TIE I got on Friday.  I rather like it and would place it among the best of the vehicles that have come out thus far, as others have said.  Funny, but in my area in Central California, while Poe's X-Wing is nowhere to be seen, there are still a few of the TIEs around and its really the superior toy.  The wings are smallish, but not too out of proportion with the cockpit ball.  Mine did not have any significant warpage.  Since this is supposedly a newer and more advanced version of the TIE Fighter, I can live with the smaller wings.  Detail is pretty decent as well on both the exterior and interior.  Granted, its nothing like the highly-detailed TIE Interceptor and TIE Bomber from a few years ago, but its a lot better than the old vintage and POTF type TIEs.  My only real gripe is the seating arrangement.  I know it all has to do with cost, box size, playability, etc, but based on models I've seen of the new First Order Elite TIE Fighter, the two crewmembers sit back to back, not facing each other in opposite directions.  Perhaps we'll get a more deluxe version at some point.  But seating arrangement aside, its still a great toy! 
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 01:14 PM »
Someone around here needs to make a First Order TIE Fighter drone like this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxJRu7S5Ykw

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 07:04 PM »
Santa brought one of these for my 5 year old and after it was put together, I think it's pretty nice.  The way they put in a second seat for a gunner is pretty cool...of course I now have to get him a second TIE fighter pilot.
This is the way.

I have spoken.