Author Topic: SW.com Bring Home the Bounty/Galaxy Reveals  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: SW.com Bring Home the Bounty Reveals
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2022, 01:22 PM »
Anybody compare this to the already released version?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2022, 01:26 PM »
NEW Bad Batch vs OLD Clone Wars:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2022, 01:32 PM »
Thanks.  I think I'm passing on this one.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2022, 05:01 PM »
Yep, if this were a few bucks cheaper I'd grab it, but I have the original, so I'm okay. I'm debating selling off my Bad Batch stuff anyway.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2022, 05:38 PM »
There’s no way they are not just trolling collectors now.

“Love seeing Black Krrsantan on BOBF? Well, you asked for it and you got it…comic style Santo!”

“Thrilled by that awesome live action Cad Bane you just saw? Here you go, another animated version that you have been clamoring for!”

>:( ::) ::)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2022, 06:30 AM »
One of the sites doing the collector media Q&A with Hasbro asked about this phenomenon.  They specifically talked characters who show up in new Disney+ shows turning up in the 3.75" or 6" figure lines, but Hasbro releases another rendition of that character.  It seems like it's deliberate based on things we've been seeing over the past year or so.  As if a "placeholder" figure will satisfy us.

I might order this version of Cad Bane.  The fact that it's an Amazon exclusive tells me that I can't play the waiting game like I'm doing with general releases and GameStop exclusives.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2022, 11:47 AM »
They specifically talked characters who show up in new Disney+ shows turning up in the 3.75" or 6" figure lines, but Hasbro releases another rendition of that character.  It seems like it's deliberate based on things we've been seeing over the past year or so.  As if a "placeholder" figure will satisfy us.

I would assume that, like the movies, Disney lets Hasbro in on very little of the filming process. Remember when Hasbro said they had no idea what old Luke looked like until they watched the end of TFA? Could be the same thing here. And perhaps these other versions were already in the works; we know it takes something like 12-18 months for a figure to go from concept to release, and we're roughly a year removed from the Bad Batch's premiere. So Hasbro probably hasn't been able to plan a Live Action Bane until he showed up in the series 2 weeks ago. Of course I could be way overthinking this.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2022, 11:56 AM »
They specifically talked characters who show up in new Disney+ shows turning up in the 3.75" or 6" figure lines, but Hasbro releases another rendition of that character.  It seems like it's deliberate based on things we've been seeing over the past year or so.  As if a "placeholder" figure will satisfy us.

I would assume that, like the movies, Disney lets Hasbro in on very little of the filming process. Remember when Hasbro said they had no idea what old Luke looked like until they watched the end of TFA? Could be the same thing here. And perhaps these other versions were already in the works; we know it takes something like 12-18 months for a figure to go from concept to release, and we're roughly a year removed from the Bad Batch's premiere. So Hasbro probably hasn't been able to plan a Live Action Bane until he showed up in the series 2 weeks ago. Of course I could be way overthinking this.

I think you're right, which is probably why we've seen opportunistic kit-bashes of already released figures that have slightly different accessories.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2022, 01:02 PM »
Cad Bane is up.

EDIT - See Jeff's link below.  JD's gotta pay the bills
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 01:08 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2022, 01:06 PM »
JD sponsored link for Cad Bane -> https://amzn.to/3LHmiCA
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2022, 01:22 PM »
Already sold out, I guess.  Says "Currently Unavailable"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2022, 04:00 PM »
Already sold out, I guess.  Says "Currently Unavailable"

It was up for almost 2 minutes.  You didn't get one?  ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2022, 05:10 PM »
I guess I am an idiot for wanting to stay employed and not just ducking out of a scheduled conference call with a client to preorder this latest headache. Foolishly assumed it might last til my call was over but I guess not. Now I’ll just have to hope it comes back into stock “one day” like that Bad Batch 4-pack I’m never going to see again either.  ::)

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2022, 06:05 PM »
I guess I am an idiot for wanting to stay employed and not just ducking out of a scheduled conference call with a client to preorder this latest headache. Foolishly assumed it might last til my call was over but I guess not. Now I’ll just have to hope it comes back into stock “one day” like that Bad Batch 4-pack I’m never going to see again either.  ::)

I was ready right at noon and still missed it, so even if you had ducked out you probably still wouldn't have gotten one.  Literally just up for a few minutes.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 3, 2022, 10:51 AM »
StarWars.com announced that Amazon is re-releasing the Boba Fett in prototype armor that used to be a Walgreen's exclusive.  Pre-order is today at 1PM eastern.

A little late posting since I had work stuff, but here is the Amazon link for anyone that still needs it #ad #referrallink

I had gotten a shipping update in the past couple of days stating that this would be arriving next week.  Sure enough it updated again, and the delivery got pushed back to December again.

Feedback