Author Topic: 2023 TVC Endor Bunker Playset  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 TVC Endor Bunker Playset
« Reply #15 on: December 6, 2022, 01:47 PM »
Hmmm.  I mean, I guess it’s nicer than the old one. 

Not much there though.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 6, 2022, 02:19 PM »
Hmmm.  I mean, I guess it’s nicer than the old one. 

Not much there though.

Yeah.  The only thing that is tempting is the pack in figure, but my guess is we'll see him later in a four pack or released at retail.

I'm going to be patient on this one.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #17 on: December 6, 2022, 04:03 PM »
I'm pretty excited for this, but I don't have the POTF2 version. I wish the vegetation was removable though, because I'd love to be able to set up some non-forest bunker displays for photography.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 6, 2022, 04:29 PM »
It looks good.  $60 good?  Well, it seems like all things are relative now.  It definitely looks better than the POTF2 playset.  Although the doors had me wondering if this was an upgrade of the old version.  But when I looked it up the old bunker looked quite different from this new version. 

I agree about the vegetation growing on the outside.  While it makes it look much more true to Endor, clean walls might give you a reason to buy another of these for a possible Battle of Scarif diorama. As for the pack in figure?  I think it’s a decent choice, but it might have come across as more interesting if Hasbro hadn’t made a Nik Sant in disguise back in the Legacy Collection battle pack.  Oh, and did anyone else notice that the likeness seems a bit more like Rex?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: December 7, 2022, 01:01 AM »
Hasbro Endor Bunker Video

Hasbro put out this little promo video which shows off some of the bunker's details as well as a size comparison between this one and the POTF2 one.

After watching that video, I think this is probably a nice enough upgrade for me to get one.  Better sliding doors, larger size, fun little details in the bunker entrance.  I think I have some Amazon points I can toss at this to offset the $60 price.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: December 7, 2022, 04:36 AM »
Very nice. $60 is a bit pricey but overall I think it looks like it is worth it based on current pricing. All the new detailing looks pretty great. I would agree that I wish the greenery was removable though.

I'm down for one to start. When this eventually hits sale prices as all the other playsets seemed to, I may even grab another 1-2 sets.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2022, 05:02 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 7, 2022, 08:30 AM »
The Hasbro Pulse video definitely helped to sell this. And I like how Emily compared this to the POTF2 playset.  The demonstration of the blast doors and how they function is a selling point. 

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 7, 2022, 11:40 AM »
It is a nice comparison video and somewhat nicer than the original, but I'm still probably going to pass on this.

My current bunker playset sits in the back of a display area so the less wonky doors and slightly larger size really don't matter to me.  And looking back (thanks to Adam Pawlus' tweet) we already have a version of this figure.

What I find a lot surprising is that they went to the trouble of creating an all new playset with all new tooling, etc. of something we already have and nobody was asking for.  I could understand if it was a repainted/re-released version of the original for cost savings, but if they're going to go to the trouble of making a new playset you would think they aim for something new and better, maybe like an Ewok hut (sticking with the ROTJ theme). 

This whole thing really makes me scratch my head as to why.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: December 7, 2022, 01:02 PM »
Pre-orders now open at our sponsors -

Amazon -> https://amzn.to/3heQElw

Entertainment Earth -> https://ee.toys/K8MN1Y

#ad #sponsored

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2023, 09:08 AM »
Amazon is sending updates saying they are expecting to ship this soon... my estimated delivery date is now 3/20.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2023, 09:40 AM »
Same.  I just canceled the Pulse preorder since I at least get points with Amazon.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2023, 04:28 AM »
Mine arrived yesterday and overall I am loving it so far. I always appreciated the POTF2 version, but this one sure is an improvement. While I do appreciate that the moss is scene specific, there is a part of me that wishes Hasbro would have left it off so I could reuse the bunker for other scenes easier. Minor gripe though since most people will just use it as the Endor Bunker. I decided to just leave Nik Sant carded since I already have the old (TAC?) Collector's Tin version loose. For $60 I certainly wouldn't have minded some additional accessories or another pack-in, but those days are long past.
"This is the way."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2023, 09:58 AM »
Yeah, I was pretty pleased with this. I wish they could have at least thrown in a cardboard background for the corridor, but I'll probably create something soon. I need to do some scene work with this one, which probably means a paper mache hill with vegetation and leaves for the Ewoks to stand along the top. Of course, I also need a shelf for it, so it'll be a little while.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2023, 10:50 AM »
Yeah, I was pretty pleased with this. I wish they could have at least thrown in a cardboard background for the corridor, but I'll probably create something soon. I need to do some scene work with this one, which probably means a paper mache hill with vegetation and leaves for the Ewoks to stand along the top. Of course, I also need a shelf for it, so it'll be a little while.

Check in with Cardboard Galaxy!  Because Muftak developed a background for the bunker entrance

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185822868279?hash=item2b43e7f337:g:w28AAOSwvqdkGXij

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2023, 10:53 AM »
Oooh awesome.  I just ordered one.