Author Topic: Marvel Legends Haslab - Ghost Rider's Engine of Vengeance  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Marvel Legends Haslab - Ghost Rider's Engine of Vengeance
« on: September 16, 2022, 11:20 AM »
https://hasbropulse.com/collections/haslab/products/marvel-legends-haslab-engine-of-vengeance - $349.99, needs 9k backers by 11:59pm ET Halloween night - 10/31

- Engine of Vengeance vehicle inspired by the supernatural muscle car in Marvel Comics All-New Ghost Rider (2014)
- Premium 1:12 scale car design measuring approximately 18.5 inches long, 7.5 inches wide, and 5.5 inches tall
- Vehicle fully equipped with 20 LEDs for scorching Hellfire light-up effects in tires, engine, grill, tailpipes, and driver's seat headrest (requires 3 AA batteries, not included)
- 6 flame trail effect pieces for tires and tailpipes
- 2 Brimstone Risers for dynamic car display
- 4 interchangeable tires and 1 additional engine to convert Engine of Vengeance from Hellfire Mode to Street Mode
- Exclusive Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider 6-inch scale figure with comic-inspired accessories, including real metal chain

Early Bird:
- If the HasLab Marvel Legends Engine of Vengeance campaign reaches its minimum goal of 9,000 backers before 11:59 PM ET on September 23, 2022, all project backers before the campaign ends on October 31, 2022 will receive the exclusive Marvel Legends Robbie Reyes Human-Form 6-Inch scale figure.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 11:21 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Marvel Legends Haslab - Ghost Rider's Engine of Vengeance
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 04:31 PM »
I think some people are going to love this, but I wonder how large that segment of fandom is who will back this. I was a huge Ghost Rider fan as a kid, but this doesn’t resonate with me at all really. The HISS Tank was so much more interesting. But I hope it works out for those who really want it.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 08:59 AM »
3,883 Backers so far (just under three days into the campaign). 

I'm going to resist the HISS comparison because apples/oranges (I doubt anyone is army building this car), but I have to admit this is going a little slower than I expected.  At the current pace, it's going to be very close on hitting that early bird unlock by 9/23.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2022, 10:29 AM »
The Early Bird concept is still kind of new, and I think it benefited the HISS campaign.  Will it work here?  I don't know.  The GI Joe fanbase and Marvel Legends collectors are a different sort.

Historically the Marvel Haslabs have done really well.  Between the Sentinel and Galactus, those two campaigns garnered a lot of attention.  And the Marvel team was really engaged with the backers and offering some great stretch goals.

But honestly?  I think that launching this during Hasbro Pulse Con might have been the way to go.  It's a big event for all of the Hasbro lines.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2022, 02:12 PM »
Someone pointed out that it is also a lot to ask Marvel fans to shell out all the dough for this while they are still diddling around with Galactus. Getting a little irked there have not been more updates about this lately, or ever really.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2022, 05:14 PM »
Someone pointed out that it is also a lot to ask Marvel fans to shell out all the dough for this while they are still diddling around with Galactus. Getting a little irked there have not been more updates about this lately, or ever really.

And not just Galactus, as HasLab in general still has not shipped him, the proton pack, the Skystriker,  Victory Saber, or the HISS tank (obviously.)

If you are all in on HasLabs, you'd push over 2k in as-yet unrealized product by backing this new one. That is a chunk of change.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2022, 12:08 PM »
4195 backers after 4 days.

Tier #1 Revealed - 12k backers unlocks ML6" Mephisto

« Last Edit: September 20, 2022, 12:08 PM by Jeff »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2022, 05:53 PM »
Early Bird:
- If the HasLab Marvel Legends Engine of Vengeance campaign reaches its minimum goal of 9,000 backers before 11:59 PM ET on September 23, 2022, all project backers before the campaign ends on October 31, 2022 will receive the exclusive Marvel Legends Robbie Reyes Human-Form 6-Inch scale figure.

~5215 backers so far...   3785 needed in the next 30+ hours to unlock human form Robbie.  Gonna need a lot of FOMO tomorrow to get there...

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2022, 04:14 PM »
They failed to hit the Early Bird minimum, do not think that bodes well.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2022, 09:26 AM »
They failed to hit the Early Bird minimum, do not think that bodes well.

I agree, it is not looking so good right now.  They do have a nice chance to promote it at Pulse Con this week, maybe that will help...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2022, 03:11 PM »
Interesting pivot by Hasbro - The early bird failed, but the included Ghost Rider 6-Inch figure will now come with a human-form alternate head & sweatshirt hood accessory to covert it into Robbie Reyes.  So you don't get a whole second figure, but you do get the option to display him human or ghost forms.

Kind of a nice compromise.  Hasbro gets to keep the integrity of the early bird offer for future Haslab projects, but the fans still get to have a Robbie Reyes figure if they want... assuming the thing funds that is.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: October 1, 2022, 03:24 PM »
Still stalled at around ~5500 backers. Only 300ish backers in the last 10 days.   :-X

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 3, 2022, 01:14 PM »
Well, they sure didn’t get any kind of bump from PulseCon. It’s funny, nothing was reported about this from any of the toy news sites, but everyone over at Fwoosh is freaking out because they think the Goblin Queen is one of the tiers now. I rewatched the presentation and they definitely did not say that, so I don’t know WTH those guys are thinking. That jewel could easily belong to Wolverine too.

I don’t know that this thing has a broad enough appeal to expect a huge surge at the end. I’m skeptical people would buy extras to flip too.

This is starting to look a lot like the Rancor too as far as puzzling marketing. They don’t announce a Retro GR wave as has been rumored or any other figures that would complement this set.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: October 4, 2022, 12:31 PM »
Well, they sure didn’t get any kind of bump from PulseCon.

No bump and now it's actually lost ~100 backers the past two days. 

everyone over at Fwoosh is freaking out because they think the Goblin Queen is one of the tiers now.

I guess they were right - unlocks at 10k backers.  Strange that they announced Mephisto at 12k first and now this at only 10k?  Hasbro must be making some adjustments on the fly hoping to avoid their first Marvel Haslab loser project.

Tier #1 - 10k backers unlocks ML6" Goblin Queen Madelyne Pryor
Tier #2 - 12k backers unlocks ML6" Mephisto

« Last Edit: October 4, 2022, 12:33 PM by Jeff »

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 4, 2022, 12:58 PM »
Well, I guess they showed me!  :D

Yeah, this is just weird having already announced Mephisto as Tier 1 at 12k backers. King of Hell Johnny Blaze would have made more sense.

It does sort of reek of desperation seeing as how this character has almost nothing to do with GR whatsoever. I guess they figure X-Men collectors will pony up the dough just to get her. Which is also a jerk move locking a much desired character behind a $350 paywall.

It’s a shame they couldn’t have pivoted like this for the Rancor HasLab rather than waiting until the last second. Kind of feel like I am rooting for this to fail now just so they rethink these better going forward.