Author Topic: Walmart 2023 TVC TCW ARC Commanders - Havoc/Colt/Blitz  (Read 3144 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Wal-Mart ARC Commander Havoc
« Reply #15 on: October 7, 2022, 02:51 AM »
I ended up passing on this one early today because I didn't want to pay shipping or add a bunch of other stuff. By the time I changed my mind, it was too late. Oh well. Kind of crazy this figure was not something that Hasbro announced at SDCC or HasCon. I felt like this came out of nowhere...

Got one as well. All promo pics show him with the helmet on so I guess it doesn’t come off??

I’d think it’s a pretty safe bet that it’s a slight retool and repaint of the six other ARC troopers they’ve released in the last two years and all of their helmets came off. 

From what I can tell it kind of looks like the headsculpt might be cast in a solid black color and glued into the helmet (like we saw on the VC211 Elite Squad Trooper).
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: October 7, 2022, 09:16 AM »
I was out in the woods and completely missed this one - both the announcement and the pre-order. 

Maybe that's a blessing - I might be OK with missing the 4th 501st Legion deco repaint of this sculpt if they are asking $17 plus shipping.

Kind of crazy this figure was not something that Hasbro announced at SDCC or HasCon. I felt like this came out of nowhere...

At Pulse Con they did say that there were some items coming to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Clone Wars being a thing but had nothing to announce yet for figures.  I guess they wanted to leave this to Walmart's collector con thingy to reveal.

You can definitely expect more Clone Wars figures (from both series) coming with that "Clone Wars 20" logo on the card.  Not sure if the whole line is Walmart exclusive or not though.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2022, 09:21 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 7, 2022, 12:28 PM »
You can definitely expect more Clone Wars figures (from both series) coming with that "Clone Wars 20" logo on the card.  Not sure if the whole line is Walmart exclusive or not though.

Hopefully not all clones.  ::)

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 7, 2022, 01:27 PM »

Hopefully not all clones.  ::)

Agree. During the prequel and animation Clone Wars hey-day, I burned out on the troops. The prices a lot of the later clones commanded years later is a good indication many skipped them at first like I did. Hopefully Hasbro is more selective with their character choice and doesn ’t continue with their barrage of clone re-deco.

I was on the fence with Havoc, and with it being $17, surprised pre-orders sold out the first day.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2022, 01:29 PM by Jedi Idej »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 7, 2022, 02:26 PM »
The number of clones back in 2008 - 2012 was substantial.  And even now it's pretty intense. 

But if Hasbro REALLY wants to celebrate the Clone Wars?  Then how about a Vintage Collection Asajj Ventress????  Or Savage Opress?
« Last Edit: October 8, 2022, 09:57 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 7, 2022, 02:28 PM »
Add in Cad Bane with TODO-360, which can be recycled for Cad Bane in TBOBF and Bad Batch.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 7, 2022, 03:25 PM »
Or…how about the already tooled and sculpted Pong Krell figure that was canceled at the end of the animated line?  ;D

Seriously, this guy is long overdue.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: October 8, 2022, 04:00 AM »
But if Hasbro REALLY wants to celebrate the Clone Wars?  Then how about a Vintage Collection Asajj Ventress????  Or Savage Opress?

Or how about just new Clone Wars non-clone figures in general? There are so many more important CW figures we could use in realistic style. Four of my favorites have been in the last few posts.

Kind of crazy this figure was not something that Hasbro announced at SDCC or HasCon. I felt like this came out of nowhere...

At Pulse Con they did say that there were some items coming to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of Clone Wars being a thing but had nothing to announce yet for figures.  I guess they wanted to leave this to Walmart's collector con thingy to reveal.

Definitely hoping to see some non-clones and non-repacks included in that sub-line. It's interesting Hasbro seems to be including both Filoni & (hopefully) Tartakovsky Clone Wars under the "CW 20" anniversary. I'm okay with that, but I do hope we get a mix.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2022, 02:14 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 8, 2022, 12:02 PM »

Or how about just new Clone Wars non-clone figures in general? There are so many more important CW figures we could use in realistic style. Four of my favorites have been in the last few posts.

non-clone Clone Wars figures? Next you're going to want non-Mandalorians from The Mandalorian!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: October 8, 2022, 12:16 PM »
I feel like this is a monkey paw type situation - you guys are asking for more non-Clone Clone Wars characters and then Hasbro is going to answer that call with like TVC updated versions of these guys rather than something from either of the animated series-

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 8, 2022, 01:17 PM »
But I really do love that Yoda -- so glad he isn't wearing that sand colored robe. I don't want an update, but that is my go to Clone Wars Yoda for sure!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 9, 2022, 06:28 AM »
Ah!  Bandito Yoda rides again!!!

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 9, 2022, 05:11 PM »

Got one as well. All promo pics show him with the helmet on so I guess it doesn’t come off??

I’d think it’s a pretty safe bet that it’s a slight retool and repaint of the six other ARC troopers they’ve released in the last two years and all of their helmets came off. 

From what I can tell it kind of looks like the headsculpt might be cast in a solid black color and glued into the helmet (like we saw on the VC211 Elite Squad Trooper).

Just saw one of the Q&A from last week and Hasbro did say the helmet is removable.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2022, 08:05 AM »
I could have told you that.  Because the body for Havoc is exactly the same as what we got in the ARC Troopers 3-pack, the individual releases of each of those troopers, as well as the three Gaming Greats ARC Troopers.  Each one has a removable helmet.  The only differences in the sculpts is probably with Jesse's bald head!

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2022, 01:51 PM »
I noticed the same body. I am relieved (worry rating of toy hobby level) that Hasbro didn't reduce cost by gluing a helmet on an unpainted head.