Author Topic: SDCC 2019 TVC Special Action Figure Set - Luke Skywalkers  (Read 38425 times)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: SDCC 2019 TVC Special Action Figure Set - Luke Skywalkers
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2019, 05:42 PM »
Is there a specific time these are going on sale tomorrow?

Star Wars items are not on sale until September.  No official word on time yet.  This year they are making more of an effort to spread things out to try to reduce the traffic.

Pulse Premium Early Access Dates for SDCC stuff -
8/15 - My Little Pony
8/15 - Disney Princess
8/15 - Trolls
8/15 - Ugly Dolls
8/20 - Overwatch
8/27 - Power Rangers
8/29 - Marvel
9/03 - Transformers
9/09 - SDCC-box Black Series 6" Sith Trooper, 6" Kenner Fett, 3.75" Jedi Destiny Luke 3-Pack

(also, the Basic-box Black Series 6" Sith Trooper goes up for order on 9/04).

Gotcha, thanks! I'm glad I wasn't furiously trying to reschedule meetings and order on my phone tomorrow.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2019, 05:44 PM »
Any idea how quickly these sell out? Are they like the 30-45 second sell-out NECA exclusives?

For the most part they have been "blink and you miss it" fast sell-outs for the 3.75" and then the 6" stuff seems to vary by Character.  The Kylo set a few years ago lingered, but recent stuff went fast.  I imagine the Luke set and Fett will disappear QUICK.

The 6" Sith Trooper may last a bit longer simply because the cheaper basic box version is supposed to hit Pulse a few days prior so that may ease demand a bit, as well as the fact the figure will be released again in October.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2019, 01:02 PM »
Even though they are not taking pre-orders yet, Hasbro Pulse has posted the links for all the SDCC 2019 exclusives.

Here is the link for the Luke 3-Pack so you can prep for F5 mashing on 9/9 if you're a Pulse Premium member (9/10 if you're not) - Vintage Collection 3.75" Jedi Destiny Luke 3-Pack
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2019, 03:20 PM »
Thanks. Do they usually put them up at a specific time?

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2019, 03:30 PM »
Thanks. Do they usually put them up at a specific time?

No.  And historically they've never hit the advertised date either.  Although usually the date isn't quite as explicit.

Last year Jayson put together a list that showed how it varied widely from year to year.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2019, 12:36 AM »
Last year, I had no problem ordering the Aphra/0-0-0/Beetee 3-pack, the Chewie w/Porgs and Centerpiece TFA Rey vs. Kylo - I could have also easily ordered 6" black series item - I think it was Han w/Mynock if my memory serves.

I ended up with five of the Aphra sets - so I want to say that I was even able to go back and place a 2nd order - that's how long that 3-pack lingered.

I don't think Luke will linger as long, I am definitely hoping he will not be a "blink and you miss him" situation either.

I think the 6" Boba Fett will be the tough one.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 9, 2019, 12:09 PM »
This was the one convention exclusive I was able to get from Hasbro Pulse.  I can't believe how fast the others sold out.  And this was just with Hasbro Pulse Premium users ordering?!?!?!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 9, 2019, 01:10 PM »
Just ordered the Luke 3-pack. It's still available to Pulse members.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #53 on: September 9, 2019, 04:57 PM »
I just ordered one too.  Surprised they are still available!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 9, 2019, 06:24 PM »
Wow still available as of 6:20pm ET - I don't know if that's a good sign or a bad sign. The Aphra set was easy to score as well, I ended up getting a total of five of those (for the droids) before it sold out. If I see my order from today ship, and it's still in stock at that point, I might grab a third Luke 3-pack.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 9, 2019, 07:01 PM »
Wow still available as of 6:20pm ET - I don't know if that's a good sign or a bad sign. The Aphra set was easy to score as well, I ended up getting a total of five of those (for the droids) before it sold out. If I see my order from today ship, and it's still in stock at that point, I might grab a third Luke 3-pack.

That's kind of what I was wondering. With all the talk of the 3 3/4" line, 6" figures, and now 5" figures. I wonder if it says anything that both the 6" figures sold out in 2 minutes, and the Luke TVC set is still available. I had the Fett in my cart, but was gone before I could check out.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 9, 2019, 09:54 PM »
That's kind of what I was wondering. With all the talk of the 3 3/4" line, 6" figures, and now 5" figures. I wonder if it says anything that both the 6" figures sold out in 2 minutes, and the Luke TVC set is still available. I had the Fett in my cart, but was gone before I could check out.

I don't know, honestly.  While I do think there is a new "generation" of collectors that are into 6" figures, I also think it's because it's Fett and the nostalgia factor with the retro coloring as well which makes it pretty desirable.  I'm not sure if retro-color Fett will have a general release later, but it would be nice... just change up the packaging some.  As for the 3.75" set, there really isn't anything "new" in the Luke set.  New likenesses and apps, sure, but we've already seen these figures done before so there's not that big of a wow factor compared to a "new color scheme" Fett on a vintage card.  As for the Aphra set last year, perhaps there's not that many fans of the character's comics as people may think (I don't know, just speculating)???

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 9, 2019, 10:53 PM »
I wonder if there are different production numbers between the sets.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Online Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2019, 08:56 AM »
In my opinion its the least interesting of the three exclusives.  Its fairly expensive and you've already got versions of all of these, so I can see how only the more hardcore collectors are going for this  set.  I know I was on the fence about spending the cash on this one whereas the other two were easier choices.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2019, 09:25 AM »
The likenesses on these new versions of Luke are pretty amazing.  I personally thought that the X-wing pilot version might have been gratuitous (did this figure really need to be done?), but I get the general theme of each figure - Rebel (Stormtrooper disguise), pilot (X-wing flightsuit) and Jedi (Jabba's palace outfit).
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback