Author Topic: Star Wars Movie Spin-Offs?  (Read 24575 times)

Offline R5Don4

• Jedi Initiate
  • just ignore this *******
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Movie Spin-Offs?
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2014, 08:45 AM »
That sounds great.  I would find it immensely amusing if Disney went back and undid George's irritating revisionist improvements and tweaks.  Clone voice Boba, scrap the SE Max Rebo band, Darth's Noooooo, etc.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2014, 11:27 AM »
I always wondered why would Boba Fett's voice need to sound like Jango's/clone's voice?  Since he is pretty badass, perhaps he suffered some damage to the vocal cords during some scuffle that almost cost him his life?  Or he smoked?  Or maybe some ailment, or maybe because he didn't have the restrictions that the clone troopers had...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 11:28 AM by P-Siddy »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2014, 03:21 PM »
That sounds great.  I would find it immensely amusing if Disney went back and undid George's irritating revisionist improvements and tweaks.  Clone voice Boba, scrap the SE Max Rebo band, Darth's Noooooo, etc.

Revisions on revisions eh?  I like it.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2014, 03:52 PM »
I'm hoping beyond hope that they Hire Adywan (of Star Wars: Revisited fame) to handle all things previously released.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2014, 12:21 PM »
I have often said that there is a vast pool of fan talent that they could easily tap into.  This is a great idea, at least from a perspective of input.

It blows my mind when these big companies get things so wrong when there would be thousands of nerds willing to churn out better products for little investment.  Think Transformers, DC movies, etc. etc.

Tap into those that love the product.  Emotional investment can produce dividends.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2014, 07:23 PM »
SW.com: Gareth Edwards and Gary Whitta Onboard for Star Wars Stand-Alone Film

In addition to the episodes of a new Star Wars trilogy, Lucasfilm and Disney have begun development on multiple stand-alone movies that will offer new stories beyond the core Saga. Gareth Edwards will direct the first stand-alone film, with a screenplay by Gary Whitta. The film is due out December 16, 2016.

Gareth Edwards blazed into the filmmaking forefront with his acclaimed work on Monsters, a film he wrote, directed and served on as cinematographer and visual effects artist. The skill and vision readily apparent in Monsters earned him the high-profile spot directing this year's smash hit Godzilla.

"Ever since I saw Star Wars I knew exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life -- join the Rebel Alliance! I could not be more excited and honored to go on this mission with Lucasfilm," said Edwards.

Gary Whittas screenwriting credits include 2010's The Book of Eli starring Denzel Washington. He is also well known as a journalist and editor in the video game industry, as well as part of the BAFTA award-winning team on Telltale Games adaptation of The Walking Dead.

Whitta states, "From the moment I first saw the original movie as a wide-eyed kid, Star Wars has been the single most profound inspiration to my imagination and to my career as a writer. It is deeply special to me,so to be given the opportunity to contribute to its ongoing legacy, especially in collaboration with a film-maker as talented as Gareth, is literally a dream come true. I'm still pinching myself."

And there was this the other day:

AVclub: Today in Star Wars rumors: This may be the list of planned Star Wars spinoffs

By Sean O'Neal
May 19, 2014 12:34 PM

Much as we are already ignoring our current political issues and looking forward to the 2016 elections, we have begun looking past Star Wars: Episode VII—which has already become a reality, and therefore can no longer be shaped by outsider pundits—to the future, where those untold numbers of sequels and spinoffs await. Disney has previously discussed plans to alternate chapters of the new Star Wars trilogy with standalone “origin story” films, with many reports saying the first two of those would follow a young Han Solo and a younger-and-not-yet-eaten Boba Fett.

And now new rumors confirming those—and hinting at the third spinoff film—have emerged through a German fan site that was reporting on a strategy meeting from Hasbro, thus creating the secondhand, speculative chain of hearsay and disorder in which Star Wars news thrives. According to those rumors, the timeline for new Star Wars projects (and their action-figure tie-ins) is as follows:

• 2014: Rebels
    • 2015: Episode VII
    • 2016: Boba Fett
    • 2017: Episode VIII
    • 2018: Solo
    • 2019: Episode IX
    • 2020: Red Five
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2014, 07:58 PM »
The Red 5 one interested me...  I'm kind of into Han Solo as an idea.  Boba Fett's biggest issue will be how it upsets people's view of him in the EU I think.  Me, I'm into it all really.  I'm open to whatever these stories are.  I look at them as just more EU at this point really, and if they're good, fantastic.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2014, 09:10 PM »
I've seen as many bad reviews as good for Godzilla, so that doesn't really wow me as a credit. Nor does any of the stuff the other guy has done, but that's not to say they can't make a good Boba Fett movie.

As long as it's set between Rebels and ROTJ, I think they'll be in safe waters.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2016, 10:44 AM »
I'm hoping with a successful Rogue One (I have a friend who can't stand anything JJ Abrahms, but is looking forward to seeing RO), that we can finally see something akin to either the 7 Samurai or 47 Ronin with Jedi.
This is the way.

I have spoken.