Author Topic: 6" Super Powers  (Read 4327 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
6" Super Powers
« on: February 16, 2014, 10:54 PM »
Saw some pics floating around...will wait for Jeff to post his pics from today...pretty cool

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: 6" Super Powers
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 11:32 AM »
Fwoosh has pics up if anyone can't wait to see them.  The Batman looks cool, as does Wonderwoman though I think she is mostly a repaint of a version I already have.  The Superman and other figures were a bit meh for me.  I'll just use previous matty figures for the rest of the team.  Glad I scooped up Apache Cheif, Black Lightning and Samurai already for a fairly complete set.   :)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 02:34 PM »
Mattel and ToyGuru can shove these up their ass.  A bunch of repaints, a stupid ass multi colored GL as Riddler and unarticulated Mxy for $30 each as the final "thank you" to DCIE fans?  **** that.  I've been a loyal supporter since wave 1 and put up with repaints, minimal new tooling, a bull**** deputy Lantern wave and a even more bull**** Super Powers wave because I'd hope it would lead to a real Doomsday, KGBeast, Suicide Squad, Ragdoll, etc.  And then Mattel blames the fans because we didn't reach the levels necessary to get that Doomsday, even though it was their fault by the constant above repaints and minimal new tooling, Digital Rivers beyond inept costumer service and outrageous shipping prices (not to mention extremely slow) and subscribing of the sub without knowing the full lineup (Batzarro as the last figure?  Another bull**** example) finally caused enough people to jump ship. 

DCIE was clearly the red headed step child compared to MOTUC, who can get add on subs, beast mounts, lots of new tooling, Castle Grayskull, etc.  And don't give me that bull**** that MOTU fans talked with their money and signed up.  If DC fans got Granny Goodness, Doomsday, Ragdoll, Aztek, Suicide Squad and numerous other examples instead of figures like Kamandi, deputy Lanterns, Cyclotron and Golden Pharaoh, they would have signed up too.

I hope they choke on these figures.  I'll buy Mxy off of ebay from China if I want him, which I'm still debating because it's a **** figure honestly.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 05:00 PM »
Yeah, I like the whole Super Powers packaging thing, because I have fond memories of that line, but repaints for $30 each is kind of ridiculous.  I watched a video at TNI with Toy Guru and he made a big point that this was the end of the line, that this wasn't a restart or anything and that there wouldn't be any more figures outside of these six (offered in sets of 3 or individually in August/Sept/Oct timeframe).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 12:36 AM »
I'll buy that GL/Riddler for sure.  Doing him in all-spanish Super Amigos packaging is just a great, great thing IMHO.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 08:24 PM »
I think they are great but the price isn't. Not sure if i will pick them up.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"