Author Topic: Andor (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 12304 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Andor (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #105 on: November 5, 2022, 11:52 AM »
I wonder if Luthen has cells all around the galaxy doing things.

I believe that during one of the ISB meetings, there was discussion of "Axis" and there being an organized effort against the Empire.  Whether the ISB's intelligence has "Axis" connected with the Partisans and other resistance groups, I don't recall.  But it seems Luthen plays it a bit distantly with other groups while having his own agenda.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 6, 2022, 05:58 AM »
I wonder if Luthen has cells all around the galaxy doing things.

I believe that during one of the ISB meetings, there was discussion of "Axis" and there being an organized effort against the Empire.  Whether the ISB's intelligence has "Axis" connected with the Partisans and other resistance groups, I don't recall.  But it seems Luthen plays it a bit distantly with other groups while having his own agenda.

It seems like Dedra Meero is in the process of putting together the pieces.  That the theft of all of this Imperial equipment has been a coordinated effort.  And that point of coordination is code named "Axis" by the ISB until they can identify who it is.  I suspect that it's Luthen.  His job isn't just selling antiquities to his customers on Coruscant - it's also acquiring them from all over the galaxy.  That's afforded him a suitable cover story for now.

Another thing that I think might not have gotten enough attention?  Luthen's meeting with Saw Gerrera.  Clearly it was tense.  And Saw didn't agree to partner with Anto Kreegyr on a mission.  But then Saw rattled off the names of a number of factions.  Factions that Luthen might be trying to pull together to form an Alliance, perhaps?  But Kreegyr's operation may be in jeopardy now because the ISB seems to be in the process of infiltrating his cell.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2022, 05:59 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 6, 2022, 02:12 PM »
OMG!  The Andor Instagram account just posted this. 

Eedy Karn Supercut
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 6, 2022, 04:39 PM »
I like how the actress that plays Dedra makes her so twitchy.  Its like she's angry/socially awkward/evil all rolled together and its hard for her to keep it bottled up.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 6, 2022, 07:17 PM »
“Never more than twelve” (crowd goes wild!)

The prison sort of reminds me of the cloning facility on Kamino.

Mon really needs to take five minutes to sit down with her daughter and say seriously, wtf is your problem? I am convinced at this point that either she or Perrin is going to betray her.

It is difficult to see a path forward for Syril at this point. The Empire is 100% not bringing him in to help find Cassian obviously, and Deedra has warned him twice now to stay away from her and out of her business. The only logical thing I can see them doing with him is having him go full Fatal Obsession on her and either kill her or somehow otherwise ruin her plans. I can’t see him as anything other than a wild card monkey wrench.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 6, 2022, 09:19 PM »
I can see Dedra going against her better judgement and turning to Syril to have somebody on the outside to do some dirty work for her, since it is apparent her assistant is now overstepping his bounds in a possible play for her job. She was warned to watch her back, and now has someone hopelessly devoted to her...will she be able to resist that advantage?

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 7, 2022, 08:31 AM »
I can see Dedra going against her better judgement and turning to Syril to have somebody on the outside to do some dirty work for her, since it is apparent her assistant is now overstepping his bounds in a possible play for her job. She was warned to watch her back, and now has someone hopelessly devoted to her...will she be able to resist that advantage?

This is what I'm thinking too.  She is going to need an outsider to do something.  He's kind of a hopeless sort, so I'm thinking its not going to work out for him.

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 8, 2022, 11:45 AM »

I'll be intrigued if Meero's assistant does double cross her. All the previous interactions seemed to convey warmth or devotion from him.

I just rewatched the Rebels episode with Mon Mothma. I didn't recall that it was the massacre of the Ghormans that kicks off her rebellion.

Also, Mon seems to be always concerned about some race we've never heard of. Ghormans ... Bothans

<<Having sympathized with the Ghormans since the Empire cut off their shipping lanes, Mothma left the Senate in the aftermath of the Ghorman Massacre, publicly denouncing Emperor Palpatine in the process.>>
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mon_Mothma
Macklunkey!

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 9, 2022, 06:32 PM »
Wow. Its rare that caring for a newborn gives you great opportunities, but catching today's Andor before work was the right call. It was nuts.

Its pretty crazy how I was initially a little bored by the story dumping Cassian in a prison. It's wild to see the writers build this plan and have it explode into a ton of guys sticking it to the empire. I was a little surprised to see only Melshi make it to the same coastline as Cassian. I thought a sizable group might make it to a coastal base and make off with a ship. Maybe that will still happen. The rebel fleet trooper blasters were cool and another reason I thought Cassian Melshi and a bunch of others would escape as a unit with their new rebel firearms.

Its also cool to hear the line about how important this production line is and how the empire really needs it. There's no way these aren't death star parts.
« Last Edit: November 9, 2022, 06:34 PM by StBrianOfMinneapolis »
Macklunkey!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2022, 08:56 AM »
Yeah, great episode, although I'd preferred they were able to commandeer a ship right away and be off to the next adventure.  I'm looking forward to the eventual meeting between Cassian and Luthen or his team, but now I'm not so sure that is going to still happen this season with only two episodes left.

I was hoping he would become a rebel sooner, and we could get some other cool missions mixed in.  With next season only being 12 episodes too and supposedly bringing us up to Rogue One I guess we're not going to get too many adventures of Cassian.  This is honestly something that they could have many seasons of with different missions in 3-4 show arcs.

I'm loving it and want more.

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2022, 11:38 AM »
With next season only being 12 episodes too and supposedly bringing us up to Rogue One I guess we're not going to get too many adventures of Cassian.  This is honestly something that they could have many seasons of with different missions in 3-4 show arcs.

I'm loving it and want more.

Two seasons would be a mistake at this point. I'm hoping momentum builds in reception to the show and they consider expanding the story. I would be happy to have five seasons with one for each of these five years before Yavin.

Before this episode I started considering who is or was Luthen Rael. In this episode he explained what it's like to be him but no details. He clearly is a skilled pilot, a decent hand-to-hand fighter, good with a blaster, very adept at subterfuge and has access to funds and deep intelligence sources. His 15-year timeline mean's he launched his plan around order 66 and the birth of the empire or maybe a year before If Luke and Leia are 19 at the Battle of Yavin.

Maybe he's a reverse Dooku and had intent to stand against the republic, but in opposition to Palpatine. Maybe he was aware the clone war was a lie but had access to the slush of republic funds and resources to be ready to go nuclear once Palpatine crushed the republic and formed the empire. He could have been deep in republic intelligence similar to Tarkin but with such a deep cover that few people were aware of him or think he's dead.

I am wondering if his antiquities are all genuine or if fakes are part of his scheme. If its all genuine he has crazy Indiana Jones style connections throughout the galaxy. Either way he has some culture and enough schmoozing to pull it off.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 11:55 AM by StBrianOfMinneapolis »
Macklunkey!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2022, 11:38 AM »
I need closure on what happened to Kino! Poor guy, he had to know what was coming.

I was surprised they just jumped out, I thought for sure they would be stealing ships or something. It sure made for a dramatic exit though.

I thought Luthen’s speech to Lonni (?) was some of the best writing in the entire franchise. What a great scene that was…
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2022, 12:44 PM »
His 15-year timeline mean's he launched his plan around order 66

I'm starting to wonder if he's a Jedi...

"I share my dreams with ghosts"

--His fallen Jedi, killed in Order 66?

"I'm damned for what I do"

--Yoda said, 'once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will'

"My anger, my ego, my unwillingness to yield"
"I'm condemned to use the tools of my enemy."

Sounds like a guy very concerned he's acting Sith-like to me...

Maybe, maybe not - it's fun to speculate though! ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2022, 01:20 PM »
His 15-year timeline mean's he launched his plan around order 66

I'm starting to wonder if he's a Jedi...

"I share my dreams with ghosts"

I have wondered that too. He would really be a reverse Dooku if that true. I do wonder if that's too cliché though. His background seems too unique to be a jedi, but maybe he was a very unusual jedi similar to Dooku.

Though Kleya is also an interesting piece of the puzzle. She is deeply committed to the cause and to Luthen. Maybe she's the padawan? Their connection is hard to peice together. If they arent force users they have some early ties to put them together as such a close team.

And then there is Vel. The network seems to have been around for a while.
Macklunkey!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2022, 03:49 PM »
I hope Luthen isn't a Jedi, and is just a pissed off dude that is driving some of the inner workings of the early rebellion.