Author Topic: Imperial Rocket Trooper (Gaming Greats) GameStop exclusive  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Hasbro Pulse revealed the Gaming Greats version of the Imperial Rocket Trooper yesterday on social media.  It goes on sale later today at 1 pm ET.  It appears to be the same sculpt as the Imperial Jumptrooper which was released in 2019 and was also exclusive to GameStop.  But the Rocket Trooper has some alternate deco.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: Imperial Rocket Trooper (Gaming Greats) GameStop exclusive
« Reply #1 on: March 5, 2021, 12:12 PM »
I'm passing on this repaint.  I've gotten a few of the recent repaints and kinda wish I hadn't.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 8, 2021, 05:31 PM »
I ordered one.  I like the newer version better than the old and I'm a sucker for repaints anyway.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 11:29 PM »
Just got an email warning/notice that I should expect to be charged for these soon. (I ordered two)   :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 09:31 PM »
Looks like I just got charged for the two I ordered...no emails yet but I do see the charge show up.

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2021, 01:01 PM »
I don’t really get what is going on with these...the first charge on my account disappeared, then another one showed up this past week, but now the item has a 6/4 date on their website.  ???

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2021, 07:00 PM »
I got an email from GameStop for me to rate my Nightbrother figure that hasn't shipped yet and isn't supposed to ship for a couple of months.  I think their IT systems are losing it.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2021, 08:04 AM »
GameStop has generally been okay with a bunch of releases.  But the situation with the Imperial Rocket Trooper is definitely a little weird.  It would be nice to get some clarity on that one.

And then there's the odd developments with other releases - it looks like the Gaming Greats Imperial Flame Trooper is going to arrive much sooner than originally advertised - I think it was originally slated to arrive in July or August.  And based on the way things have gone, I expect to receive the Flame Trooper before the Rocket Trooper.  And I also got the email asking for me to rate the Nightbrother Warrior.  WTF???
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 08:06 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 2, 2021, 11:46 PM »
Like many of you, I was charged for my Rocket Troopers a couple weeks ago, I just now today (June 2nd) received the shipping notice. According to the tracking, I should have it by Saturday - looking forward to displaying him "in flight" using one of those Hasbro Pulse 6" figure stands!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 5, 2021, 09:52 AM »
The Rocket Troopers are out for delivery today at long last.  I wonder what the holdup was about?
« Last Edit: June 7, 2021, 08:19 AM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 6, 2021, 10:23 PM »
Got both of mine today, they arrived in a nice sturdy box with air pillows, so everything was MOC. Nice job, GS!  :)

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2021, 10:23 PM »
Saw this guy in store today, still no sign of Cal Kestis though.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 5, 2021, 04:29 PM »
If anyone here is buying figures at Gamestop regularly and has not joined their annual membership, you need to go do it next time you're there.  It's $15 a year and I think you instantly get $5 off when you sign up.  At a minimum I get a $5 coupon each month.  It's in their system, so all you need to do is give your phone number at checkout to get it versus having to remember to bring something or look up a code.  Then you get additional random coupons and rewards on top of that.  Earlier this year they were issuing a free $20 figure after a certain number of purchases, so its a great way to save some cash on black series or marvel legends.  I stopped in the other day and got an extra Mandalorian Retro figure for about $4 because I had a couple of coupons to burn. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 6, 2021, 09:07 AM »
I've been part of that program for a couple of years now.  I just used $10 of my rewards yesterday to pick up another TBS Hoth Rebel Trooper for about $12.

The one gripe that I have with the rewards system is that I couldn't use those rewards for preorders or online purchases - it was for in store purchases only.

Feedback