Author Topic: 2023 TVC ROTJ Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper  (Read 2773 times)

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
2023 TVC ROTJ Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper
« on: July 26, 2022, 08:09 PM »
Several days ago I saw an image from SDCC of a cardback with a Scout Trooper being one of the figures. The card was angled, the resolution wasn't sharp, and I wasn't fully awake. I could have sworn it read Dick Scout Trooper. I immediately thought we were getting a Jason Sudeikis figure from the Mandalorian.

So, yah, no.

But how great would it be if Hasbro immortalized him as that jackass?

#DickScoutTrooper

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2023 TVC ROTJ Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 10:40 PM »
But how great would it be if Hasbro immortalized him as that jackass?

Well, you might get your wish.  If Hasbro is going to go through the effort of tooling up a brand new Speeder Bike/Scout Trooper for the 40th ROTJ stuff, I think it's a safe bet that we'll see a quick Mandalorian repaint of that Bike/Scout with maybe a lil bagged Grogu accessory tossed in?

Double-dipping on sculpts seems to be Hasbro's #1 rule these days.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 08:56 AM »
Double-dipping on sculpts seems to be Hasbro's #1 rule these days.

They haven't made a speeder bike in years.  That was one of their original double-dippers where they would release everyone that was ever near a speeder bike on a speeder bike - Scout Trooper, Leia, Luke, Ewok.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 09:33 AM »
They haven't made a speeder bike in years.  That was one of their original double-dippers where they would release everyone that was ever near a speeder bike on a speeder bike - Scout Trooper, Leia, Luke, Ewok.

Honestly, if they use the speeder bike that came with the Legacy AT-AT they wouldn't have to change anything for the Mandalorian and only have to make it brown for any ROTJ release (40th anniversary is just around the corner.)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2022, 09:49 AM »

Honestly, if they use the speeder bike that came with the Legacy AT-AT they wouldn't have to change anything for the Mandalorian and only have to make it brown for any ROTJ release (40th anniversary is just around the corner.)

Based on the interviews from SDCC it sounds like Hasbro might be making the Speeder Bike from the ground up.  Because they were talking about making it in proportion to the figures. 

And yes, the double or even triple dip is a given.  It's just the way of things now.  And I think that with time we'll get version(s) from The Mandalorian with Scout Troopers and maybe even IG-11, as well as with Luke and Leia from Endor.  Hasbro is nothing if not predictable these days.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2022, 10:07 AM »
Don’t forget Hoth speeder bikes… speeder bikes with Clones on them… speeder bikes riding on speeder bikes…

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2022, 10:47 AM »
Of course!  Can't forget those.

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2022, 12:30 PM »
So... what do you think they are going to charge us for the all-new ROTJ 40th Anniversary Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper = $40? $50?  $60?

And then, like you all said, be prepared to shell out for -
- repack with VC191 Endor Leia
- repack with VC198 Endor Luke
- repack with VC190 Paploo
- The Mandalorian Repaint with Scout Trooper
- The Mandalorian Repaint with IG-88/Grogu
- repaint with VC045 AOTC Clone Trooper
- repaint with new TVC ROTS Clone Trooper
- ESB/Hoth repaint

Everyone excited to shell out $600 on countless Speederbike repacks/repaints/rehashes?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2022, 12:57 PM »
Definitely not excited for the cost of it... but I'm happy to get a new speeder bike, and supposedly a new Scout Trooper as well. Knowing the endless repacks will be a part of the plan, I'm ok with it.
"This is the way."

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2022, 01:00 PM »
Definitely not excited for the cost of it... but I'm happy to get a new speeder bike, and supposedly a new Scout Trooper as well. Knowing the endless repacks will be a part of the plan, I'm ok with it.

Agreed.  I'd be happy getting one that isn't the same basic version as the one made in the 80's.  And a new, more modern Scout would be welcome too.  That other stuff can be left to the completionists.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2022, 02:07 PM »
I'm ok with the multi-dipping. Makes sense. In fact, I want a lot of these hypothetical sets.  I just hope Hasbro has ended the practice of packing partially-articulated figures with their vehicles to lower the cost. I think $40 is a fair price point.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2022, 03:16 PM »
The Legacy Collection speederbike was an all-new mold and it's excellent. The only problem is that it was a TRU exclusive. Allegedly they lost the mold for it though, so that's probably why they're doing the full resculpt (again).
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2022, 09:02 AM »
The Legacy Collection speederbike was an all-new mold and it's excellent. The only problem is that it was a TRU exclusive. Allegedly they lost the mold for it though, so that's probably why they're doing the full resculpt (again).
I thought there was a new version around the same time as the 6" version but I didn't see any results when I (casually) searched for it.  I sort of remember wondering why they didn't use the same flight stand as the 6" model.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2022, 12:08 PM »
The 2012 speeder bike in the Discover The Force line was pretty good, and you got some value in that set.  It included the speeder bike that was accurate in deco to ROTJ, a flight stand, a heavy blaster on a tripod and the Scout Trooper.  All for $24.99! 

I think some parts of that vehicle might have been re-purposed for the TFA First Order Speeder Bike (but that was junk, TBH).

The Legacy Collection speeder bike was cool for the offscreen paint apps.  But I think it was pretty similar to the POTF2 mold that had been in circulation since the 90's.

I'm curious about the presentation, since Hasbro has been paying so much attention to it with The Vintage Collection.  I think they're probably going to replicate this in a modern rendition.

Could there be a separate Chief Chirpa figure in our future to replicate that artwork?  It would be nice.

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #14 on: August 2, 2022, 01:55 AM »
Ah thanks Nick, I meant the Discover the Force speeder bike. That thing is excellent, and I have like four of them.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram