Author Topic: The Mandalorian - Season 2 (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: The Mandalorian - Season 2 (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #30 on: November 8, 2020, 01:08 PM »
I really liked it.  This episode really felt to me that they were setting some things up for future episodes.  Mando’s definitely going to have future run ins with the New Republic and getting the frog lady to her husband (before the child eats all the eggs) will be interesting.

Seeing the Kintrath spiders was a nice Easter egg.  They’ve shown up in Rebels, KOTOR II and even in The Empire Strikes Back: Revisited.

So for the next several weeks, I’ll be living Friday to Friday!    ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 8, 2020, 01:16 PM »
I thought it was a fun episode. And agree I feel like they are setting up future parts of the story.

I also get wanting Cara and Grief and Gideon to show up.

Assuming the final storyline narrative is finding somewhere for the child, I don't want that story advancing too quickly. I don't need the next clue each week to where they're heading next.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2020, 04:12 PM »
I want to go on record now that I don't believe the child ate the eggs for food.  I think he's protecting some of them because something's going to happen to momma's backpack.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2020, 04:49 PM »
I want to go on record now that I don't believe the child ate the eggs for food. 

This is a HUGE debate for the six people in our house.
- 1/3 think Baby Yoda is a monster for eating the young of another sentient species
- 1/3 think Baby Yoda is somehow protecting those eggs somehow to save the day
- 1/3 think it's just a sight gag that isn't meant to be anything other than funny and the other 2/3 of the family need to just relax  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2020, 05:14 PM »
Thank you Jeff!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2020, 06:07 PM »
Just look at the first time the Child looks in the tank and the reaction of the eggs.  I just think there could be something else going on there.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2020, 06:16 PM »
I'm not sure whether he was eating them or saving them. What I do know is people should calm down about it. It's a fictional show where some creature who is relatively young and saw something tasty so he ate it. If my three year old liked the taste of them and chose to eat them I wouldn't tell him what a horrible person he was for eating them. He didn't understand. Obviously the show creators could have not written the gag, but again let's just keep it in perspective people.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2020, 06:48 PM »
Is the rest of the Internet losing their mind about the egg eating/protecting?  I guess I've not ventured out too widely to see responses and just got a chuckle out of it.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2020, 07:02 PM »
I didn't realize I was walking into a hornets' nest of controversy.  I just was re-watching the episode and thought about it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2020, 07:05 PM »
I've read it's as bad as if it had been a human woman's eggs for in vitro fertilization.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2020, 10:28 PM »
What the episode clearly indicates is that Dagobah was probably a thriving planet before Yoda decided to hide out there. He must have completely ruined the ecosystem, with being at the top of the food chain and able to eat anything he could get his hands on. It must have been a huge relief when Yoda died.

:P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2020, 10:39 PM »
I've read it's as bad as if it had been a human woman's eggs for in vitro fertilization.

I think I saw that same article - someone was arguing about unfertilized eggs vs fertilized eggs.  Another person compared it to eating unfertilized eggs like humans eat chicken eggs - whether that is "bad" or not depends on your opinions on veganism I guess.  it made me lol that some people have enough time to go on and on about a show like that.

One of my kids (daughter) was so sad that baby Yoda was eating Frog Lady's "kids".  One of my kids (son) was wondering if he was using the force (kinda like Matt said where the eggs looked like they were moving towards him maybe) and sometime later Baby Yoda's going to regurgitate the "saved" eggs.  I just thought it was supposed to be funny like a little kid stealing cookies from the cookie jar.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2020, 10:46 PM »
Couldn’t care less about the eggs thing, but I thought that episode was pretty boring and didn’t advance anything.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2020, 08:29 PM »
Chalk me up in the I just thot it was funny block.  I am frankly shocked adults flipped out over it being insensitive to people with fertility issues but hey, whatever. 

I just lold about him being a little bastard the whole time.  I have seen a couple speculations now that there is more to it tho too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2020, 08:13 AM »
Anyone in and/or past the toddler years can attest that BY's behavior was on brand for that age group.

I think this episode laid groundwork we are not aware of yet.