Author Topic: 2023 TVC Endor AT-ST & Chewbacca  (Read 943 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2023 TVC Endor AT-ST & Chewbacca
« on: October 20, 2022, 09:18 AM »
More intel from Jayson/Yakface, this time on another potential new playset coming in 2023...

"Doing some digging today, I managed to find info for another Vintage Collection Playset due sometime on 2023. All I have now is a code name “CURT“, SKU and UPC, but it is different than the “BLAKE” playset info (which is the Endor Bunker). Stay tuned for more info when available…"
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Rumor - 2023 TVC Playset TBA?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 12:11 PM »
I'm genuinely curious about what this might be.

If it's going to be another playset to celebrate the 40th anniversary of ROTJ?  Then perhaps it's a Home One playset.  If they offered it in semi-circular sections that you could join up with one another it would be an impressive display piece.  And at the top of it there could be the command deck for the ship.  As for a pack-in figure?  The Mon Calamari officers would probably be an excellent choice.

I've seen plenty of rumblings in TVC circles about a Cantina playset.  And I think it could be a possibility at some point.  Many people think it could be the next Haslab.  FWIW, I think Mister Skeezler's cantina would be a great reference for Hasbro to design their own Cantina.

As for new media?  Some ideas that I've been thinking about include:

-New Republic Prison barge - from "The Prisoner" in Mandalorian season 1.  The New Republic Security droids are easy to pick for pack-in figures.  But Hasbro would need to start releasing TVC versions of Mayfeld, Burg, Xi'an, Zero and Qin in the process.  But it's a set that would lend itself to the playset concept that Hasbro has been exploring.

-Imperial light cruiser corridor - For fight scenes between Din Djarin and the Dark Troopers, Moff Gideon, or for Luke Skywalker.  Include a blast door.  And surprisingly Hasbro has yet to go with an Imperial setting for a playset.

-Fortress Inquisitorius corridor - from the OWK series.   A section of the tomb perhaps?  Or the plexiglass tunnel?  Again, blast doors would be great.  And either a Purge Trooper or a Seeker Droid for the pack-in figure.

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 11:01 AM »
I've seen plenty of rumblings in TVC circles about a Cantina playset.  And I think it could be a possibility at some point.  Many people think it could be the next Haslab.  FWIW, I think Mister Skeezler's cantina would be a great reference for Hasbro to design their own Cantina.

Thanks man!  ;D
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2022, 12:50 PM »

Thanks man!  ;D

It's amazing, and I couldn't praise it enough if I tried!

Feedback

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2023 TVC Endor AT-ST & Chewbacca
« Reply #4 on: December 6, 2022, 11:16 AM »
Looks like yet another repack of that same AT-ST Sculpt... wonder how the legs will hold up with yet another run on that tooling.

No word on price, but you can assume it will be a lot more than you'd like to pay for yet another repaint of this AT-ST.  Might need to wait for better pics to figure out if there is anything new about that Chewbacca figure...

UPDATE: Price = $90  Pre-order tomorrow, 12/7, at 1pm ET at the fan channel outlets.

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION AT-ST & CHEWBACCA
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $89.99 / Available: Spring 2023)

Fans can celebrate the legacy of STAR WARS, the action-and-adventure-packed space saga from a galaxy far, far away, and commemorate the 40th Anniversary of STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI with this premium 3.75-inch scale STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION AT-ST & CHEWBACCA vehicle and action figure inspired by the iconic scene in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. While not as imposing as its larger AT-AT walker cousin, the AT-ST was a significant addition to the Imperial side of battlefields in the Galactic Civil War. In Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, Chewbacca and two Ewoks swung from a vine onto an AT-ST, commandeering the vehicle and turning the Empire’s weapon against them. The figure features premium detail and design across product and packaging inspired by the original Kenner line, as well as the entertainment-inspired collector grade deco. Includes figure, vehicle, 1 entertainment-inspired accessory and instructions. Available for pre-order 12/7 at 1pm ET at Hasbro Pulse, BigBadToyStore, Entertainment Earth and Dorkside Toys. Visit starwars.com for more Bring Home the Galaxy product reveals!
« Last Edit: December 6, 2022, 01:30 PM by Jeff »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2023 TVC Endor AT-ST & Chewbacca
« Reply #5 on: December 6, 2022, 04:33 PM »
So what is the draw here?  The fact that a Chewbacca figure sculpt that dates back to 2004 is packed in with the AT-ST?  I mean, the deco on the walker looks good.  But I’ve lost count of the number of times this updated AT-ST has been released. 

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 6, 2022, 07:18 PM »
No draw unless you’re a newer collector and weren’t around when it last came out. 

I’ve already got one worn muddy feet too… so this isn’t exciting for me at all.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: December 6, 2022, 08:36 PM »
But I’ve lost count of the number of times this updated AT-ST has been released.

Let's see...  I think this is all of them (unless I forgot one :P):

$45 - 2009 TLC AT-ST with 1 figure (Walmart)
$40 - 2010 TLC Attack on Hoth Battle Pack - Hoth AT-ST with 3 figures and Eweb (Target)
$35 - 2012 TVC Endor AT-ST with 0 figures (Kmart)
$100 - 2014 TBS Battle of Endor Battle Pack - Endor AT-ST with 8 figures (TRU)
$60 - 2017 TBS Endor AT-ST with 1 figure (Walmart)
$80 - 2019 TVC Pirate AT-ST Raider with 1 figure (Best Buy)
$90 - 2023 TVC Endor AT-ST with 1 figure (Fan Channel)

That's a solid 14 years of reuse/repacking.  Just crazy to think that in 2014 you got AT-ST release #4 plus EIGHT figures and now you're paying $90 for AT-ST release #7 and one figure.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 6, 2022, 09:00 PM »
That Walmart one… lol… I bought three at Ross for $10 each.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: December 7, 2022, 04:30 AM »
I only have 1-2 of this version and do like it, for the most part, but a $90 reissue (200% the original price) is far too rich for my blood. Maybe I'll change my mind down the road, but this is a pretty easy pass for now.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 02:49 PM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 7, 2022, 08:36 AM »
The release history along with the prices over time are telling. And the fact that there are now THREE of these walkers in TVC is pretty remarkable. 

Hasbro Pulse released a demo video for this new AT-ST.  And Chris from the Star Wars design team specifically mentioned that they were aware of issues with the joints in previous releases, and they have tightened them up for this new version.  Is this, plus a Chewbacca sculpt that dates back to 2004 worth $90.  Eh…

https://youtu.be/L5ByUxQDBdk

Feedback

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: December 7, 2022, 09:44 AM »
And Chris from the Star Wars design team specifically mentioned that they were aware of issues with the joints in previous releases, and they have tightened them up for this new version.

It's sad but I don't know if I believe him.  Hasbro has said in the past that they fixed the leg joints, but time proved it was still too top-heavy to hold. 

I'm going to vote with my wallet and wait on this one.  If it turns out that the legs are dramatically improved, I'll reconsider (but that $90 price tag might still keep me away).  Until then, it's a no from me dog.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 7, 2022, 10:39 AM »
I can appreciate the skepticism.  Wait and see might be the best way to go with this. 

I think I’m more irked about the pricing given the history of AT-ST releases.  This new version is $10 more than the Raider version from The Mandalorian.  But it’s $10 less than the 3.75” TBS version that included 8 figures. Could Hasbro just maybe thrown us a bone by including the two Ewoks that were in the AT-ST with Chewie?

Feedback

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: December 7, 2022, 01:03 PM »
Pre-orders now open at our sponsors -

Entertainment Earth -> https://ee.toys/EU5911

#ad #sponsored

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2022, 10:43 AM »
I decided to get one…just to move one to my Hoth display.  My Mandalorian AT-ST did not have the leg issue, but Tim at Bossk’s Bounty said that his does.  I pointed him to Jesse’s fix, which I used on my older ones…if this new one still needs it, at least there’s a quick and easy fix.
This is the way.

I have spoken.