Author Topic: 2004 DVD Release List  (Read 100992 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: 2004 DVD Release List
« Reply #540 on: July 7, 2004, 04:30 PM »
My buddy picked up 'Flight of the Navigator' that came out recently on DVD. My thoughts, you ask? Very good movie, as we all know - the opening credits actually had a pretty bad transfer, which had me scared the entire movie would be this way. But no worries - the movie looks crisp.

Sound seems alright too, but I had it turned down at the time so I'm not too sure bout the definition of it.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 7, 2004, 07:00 PM »
P.W....any word on Pee-Wee's Playhouse coming out on DVD like Virex's list says?

Nevermind...I found it myself

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1653

November 9

Woo-hoo!!!  

On a sidenote, I still haven't upgraded my version of Pee Wee's Big Adventure to DVD.   :(  I'm a cheap bastard & I don't want to pay more than $5-$6 for it.  
Binders full of astromechs...

SilverZ

« Reply #542 on: July 7, 2004, 09:43 PM »
I'm pretty sure PWBA was floating around Walmart (maybe even in the bins) for pretty dang cheap. Have you looked there? It's a crime not to own the DVD.

My day was just made by finding the newly released Cat From Outer Space at Best Buy. Mind you, it's been available for years as an Anchor Bay release, but Disney has the rights back again and re-released it with a new 16x9 transfer. Ken Berry? Sandy Duncan? McLean Stevensen? And Roddy McDowall as the voice of Jake, a talking cat from outer space? That ain't comedy gold, it's comedy platinum!

ha! red heat... now, where's my "stone cold" special edition dvd starring brian bosworth??  

The Boz. Why do football guys get like one movie that always suffer the same fate? For example:

William Forsythe is in both Firestorm AND Stone Cold. Hmmm...

SilverZ

« Reply #543 on: July 18, 2004, 10:06 PM »
Ren & Stimpy fans of old, rejoice (from DavisDVD):

Happy happy joy joy! Paramount has just announced Ren and Stimpy: The Complete First & Second Seasons for release on October 12th. The collection will feature over 30 uncut and remastered episodes, along with audio commentaries, a series featurette and still galleries. There's no retail price yet.

I had heard the Time Life DVDs were terrible, so this is great news!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #544 on: July 19, 2004, 06:46 PM »
From The Digital Bits today, regarding the Extended Edition of Return of the King:

"A lot of people have been asking us what's up with New Line's The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - Special Extended DVD Edition. We know that the 4-disc set will be released in December, and that it will include more extras than either of the 4-disc editions of the previous films. We also expect it to be officially announced by New Line at a special panel discussion on Friday at ComicCon in San Diego. We should get the street date, a look at some of the extras AND a first look at some of the newly-added footage. So if you're going to be at Comic-Con, be sure to check it out. You can bet I'll be there, so expect to hear all the details on Monday after the show."

Matt Colman!  Break some news for us here this week, huh?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 19, 2004, 09:47 PM »
according to entertainment weekly's "must list" the extended edition of return of the king contains:

[possible spoilers i guess]
49 additional minutes of footage and 300 f/x shots, including the nazgul king facing down gandalf in battle, the mouth of sauron taunting the fellowship at the gates of mordor, and aragorn tending to eowyn in the houses of healing. the most aniticipated addition is gandalf's final confrontation with saruman, a controversial last minute cut from the film.

sounds awesome, can't wait.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: July 20, 2004, 07:08 PM »
picked this one up today:

classic!!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #547 on: July 24, 2004, 06:19 PM »
Well, for those that haven't heard the news yet, there were some Star Wars DVD announcements made today at the Comic Con--and not all involved the Trilogy in September.

All of the Ewoks and Droids and Ewok movies crap will be out on DVD this fall (November?), released by Fox.  No further details.

The Clone Wars DVD will be released next spring, before the third season premieres on TV.  

(A short, personal commentary:  It's lame that we're getting the first 20 episodes on one disc, right before the new episodes come out--especially when you consider that there's only about an hour's worth of material in the first 20 episodes.  They should put all the episodes on one disc.  I'm thinking about writing Pierre Bernard.)

They also put up some menu screens from the Trilogy DVDs (Hyperspace exclusive), and they're in the same style as the prequel discs.  The planets are Yavin 4, Tatooine, and the Death Star for Star Wars, Hoth, Dagobah, and Bespin for Empire, and Tatooine, Endor, and Death Star II for Jedi.  

They also went a little more into the details of the extras--but nothing really worth mentioning.

Here's a schedule of what we've got coming up in the world of Star Wars DVDs:

September 21:  Star Wars Trilogy
November:  The Ewoks cartoon series
                   The Droids cartoon series
                   The Ewok movies
March '05:  Clone Wars (first 20 episodes)
November '05: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #548 on: July 24, 2004, 07:34 PM »
All of the Ewoks and Droids and Ewok movies crap

Ungreatful bastard!  >:(

I'll be buying the Ewok movies and Ewok/Droids cartoons, of course.

You ewok-hating bastards have no taste.

Shut up. >:(

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #549 on: July 24, 2004, 07:57 PM »
Ungreatful bastard!  >:(

I'll be buying the Ewok movies and Ewok/Droids cartoons, of course.

You ewok-hating bastards have no taste.

Shut up. >:(

That's it!

I'm deleting my account!

I'll tell you why I can't put up with you people, because you're bastard people, that's what you are, you're just bastard people and I'm goin home and I'm gonna bite my pillow, that's what i'm gonna do!

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #550 on: July 24, 2004, 08:55 PM »
FINE! I'M DELETING MY ACCOUNT, TOO!  >:(

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 24, 2004, 09:57 PM »
I'm getting the Ewoks & Droids DVD's & I'm not deleting my account! If I buy the SW Holiday Special on DVD, then I will delete my account!   :D

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #552 on: July 25, 2004, 01:03 AM »
And the latest bout of revisionist history is in!

Good God, it's horrible.  Make it stop.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 25, 2004, 01:58 AM »
I dont know why I stay at a board with a bunch of Jango EWOK hating hypocrites. You guys just can't deal with your own insecurities.

I'm deleting my account.

Edit: I'm back now. But you guys are still a bunch of jerks.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 01:59 AM by BigDumbWookiee »
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #554 on: August 1, 2004, 08:50 PM »
Scotty:

Anyone know if Gone with the Wind will be getting a new/improved release anytime soon?  Its one of my wife's favorite movies so I'm gonna try and pick up a copy during the sale here

From DavisDVD:

Warner Home Video will release a brand-new special edition of the MGM classic Gone With the Wind on November 9th. The four-disc set will feature over five hours of old and new documentaries, interviews and other bonus features. Digitally restored with Warner's "Ultra-Resolution" hi-def technology, the film's original three-strip Technicolor negatives were digitally separated, aligned frame-by-frame in a computer and scanned at high-resolution. And according to the studio, the results are nothing short of miraculous.

The four hour film will be presented across two dual-layer discs in fullscreen and with Dolby Digital 5.1 and original mono audio tracks. A plethora of bonus materials include a new full-length audio commentary with film historian Rudy Behlmer, hour-long documentaries on actors Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh, "Melanie Remembers: Olivia de Havilland Recalls Gone With the Wind" 45min featurette (with a recent interview with 88-year-old star), the 1989 documentary "The Making of a Legend: Gone With the Wind," behind-the-scenes footage, advertising materials and more. Incidentally, actor Christopher Plummer will narrate and introduce many of the bonus features. Also included with the set is a full-color reproduction of the original 22-page souvenir booklet that was sold during premiere road-show engagements from 1939 through 1941. Retail for the four-disc set is $39.92.

============================================

Hope you didn't buy the current disc!