Author Topic: TOY FAIR 2007  (Read 13530 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: TOY FAIR 2007
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2007, 03:14 PM »
I just saw pictures of the new carded Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker figure.  The figure looks like a combination of the 2004 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker and the 2006 Endor Luke Skywalker figures.  Also, just like I had hoped, the 2007 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker comes with a lightsaber.

To me it's better than the 2004 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker figure, but not as good as the 1996 Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker.  Of course, both are better than the 2003 Death Star II Luke Skywalker.  What I would really like is if they could somehow take the articulation from the 2007 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker, and the accessories from the 2004 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker, and sort of make a new 2008 Death Star II Luke Skywalker.  Then you would have the ultimate Luke Skywalker from the film "Return of the Jedi," and that would be better than all previous versions of Luke Skywalker from the "Return of the Jedi" film.  What I'm talking about is the 1996 Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker, the 2003 Death Star II Luke Skywalker, the 2004 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker, and the 2007 Jabba's Palace Luke Skywalker.

Luke Skywalker.

Your concerns are duly noted.  We at Hasbro strive to ensure our collector base is happy (but not too happy) and while we like your plan, we would like to suggest that achieving what you are after will likely take two, maybe three more iterations before we get it right.  Please expect to see the desired Luke figure in approximately 2012 on our then to be released fuschia and chartreuse Force cardbacks. 
Sincerely,
D. DePriest, Hasbro

Fuschia and chartreuse?  Mmm, sassy.

But seriously, 2007 looks to be a promising year.  At least there looks to be a lot more hits than misses, unlike 2006.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 03:16 PM by JesseVader08 »