Community > Watto's Junk Yard

Comic Book Thread

<< < (88/102) > >>

Scott:
Had time to like Friday and walked into a local comic shop...walked out with Secret Wars...interesting

Interesting that they are more or less doing a Secret Wars/Crisis mashup.   I haven't read any comics in years but I'm intereSted in where this is going

JediJman:

--- Quote from: Scott on May 10, 2015, 12:19 AM ---Had time to like Friday and walked into a local comic shop...walked out with Secret Wars...interesting

Interesting that they are more or less doing a Secret Wars/Crisis mashup.   I haven't read any comics in years but I'm intereSted in where this is going

--- End quote ---

Funny, I had the opposite opinion.  I've been collecting Marvel FOREVER and the whole crisis/reboot thing may be my jumping off point.  It's become very clear to me over the years that comics like The Avengers have been little more than a marketing tool for the movies.  You need 12-24 issues to get through one story, often with gaping plot holes, missing information, and fairly poor storytelling.  They have all but wiped out the multiverse at this point and are now setting up battle world territories across the merged remaining universes, so Marvel Zombies have a plot of land, all the female characters have a plot of land, all the Thors have come together to police everything...pretty ridiculous stuff.  I might jump off following Secret Wars, then see what evolves over the next year. 

BillCable:
I plan to pick up the main Secret Wars series just to get an understanding of what happens to get everything to the unified Marvel Universe.  Seems like the Battleworld stuff will be kind of a mess in the transition.  And maybe they're having a little too much fun with it.  But hopefully it'll be decent once we get out the other end.

Brian:
Read a few different articles on this today, but apparently Dc may be planning another line-wise reboot this summer:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=130287

Some of the rumors are that they will try to bring things more in line with their now growing movie (and tv) universe, and characters outside of that may not get as much attention.  Also rumors of Scott Snyder leaving Batman after 5 plus years, as that title will be going to twice a month and be more tied in with the DCU (he may be heading to Detective Comics though).  I don't read a lot of DC since the last reboot, I started off with a lot of titles but have now dwindled down to just Batman, the Flash, and Justice League.

Diddly:
Ugh... isn't Marvel doing a reboot too? I know they were planning one but it got delayed and I honestly haven't kept up.

Might be a good point to drop all my non-Star Wars and Walking Dead subs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version