Collectibles > Disney Parks Droid Factory

2023 Disney Droid Factory Figure Set – Star Wars Pride Collection

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ryan:
Ooof. $74 feels steep for repainted BADs. I like these but I think I may hold off for now.

FOMO got the better of me. I grabbed one set and may leave it boxed in case I decide to part with it later.

Rob:

--- Quote from: Nicklab on May 15, 2023, 12:44 PM ---Glad to be able to discuss these here and not on social media.  It’s so unbelievable that people get so hateful about something like this that tries to make Star Wars more inclusive.

--- End quote ---

The internet lets idiots get a lot of attention they couldn't have gotten 25 or 30 years ago. 

Nicklab:

--- Quote from: Rob on May 15, 2023, 05:13 PM ---
--- Quote from: Nicklab on May 15, 2023, 12:44 PM ---Glad to be able to discuss these here and not on social media.  It’s so unbelievable that people get so hateful about something like this that tries to make Star Wars more inclusive.

--- End quote ---

The internet lets idiots get a lot of attention they couldn't have gotten 25 or 30 years ago. 

--- End quote ---

Those people just show you who they are from the get-go.  It's disappointing that people who should know better would buy into such hateful bull****.

[/end rant

Other than that?  It looks like some people already have these in hand.

Style wise?  The colors are pretty bold.  My own preference would have been to use those colors for each droid, but in more of the "used universe" style that we're so accustomed to.  But I think the designers wanted to go bold for Pride.  I can't fault them for that at all.

Dave:

--- Quote from: Nicklab on May 16, 2023, 01:26 PM ---Style wise?  The colors are pretty bold.  My own preference would have been to use those colors for each droid, but in more of the "used universe" style that we're so accustomed to.  But I think the designers wanted to go bold for Pride.  I can't fault them for that at all.

--- End quote ---

Agreed.  I'm not sure I can mix these in with my Jawa droid lot of droids as they don't aesthetically fit.  Not sure exactly where I'll put these yet.

Jesse James:
$12.50/droid is probably on the cheap side these days so I was pretty happy.  The “solid” droids look good to me… the more rainbow deco stuff doesn’t fit in as well so I’m not as into it, and I’m a bit over BB units, but I got one because I buy droids when they’re around. 🤷‍♂️

I certainly wasn’t planning on dropping $100 on droids that day though.  🙄

And the new bar2 hasn’t surfaced yet either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version