Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 478754 times)

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 11.04.05
« Reply #1155 on: November 4, 2005, 03:11 PM »
Those are nice piolt's chewie. Imagine the endless possibilities if hasbro swapped heads and parts like we do.  Who wouldnt buy them all?????

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 4, 2005, 11:00 PM »
I've commented on these latest customs in other forums, but I think I'll leave a longer comment here.

TROLL KAPTIS- First of all, great name. Second, the drybrushing on this one is one of your best ever...the head looks amazing, and the robes look great in the color choices you made. Plus, I think Weird aliens have always been where you've excelled. My favorite of the bunch.

ALYSSA "ACTION" ENLOE- I'm glad to see Alyssa gained her pre-pregnancy figure back.  ;) I'm also glad to see that she's going to be a little more involved in upcoming storylines, as she's been window dressing up until now. The Padme body looks great...is there a "clean" version? Because as good as the drybrushing looks, Alyssa doesn't strike me as the type to wear soiled clothes for long.

FREELO (BATTLE ARMOR): I like this. That Xyber 9 body looks good, especially since it's kind of awkward looking...really makes me believe he just picked it up somewhere. Plus I just kind of like Freelo, I think he's a fun character.

HEAVY ASSAULY CLONE PILOTS: Awesome! I love these, those bust-up heads are perfect! I was planning on something like this myself, but those bust-ups haven't shown up in my neck of the woods yet. Can't wait to see them in action.

All in all, a superior update! Great job, Chewie.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 4, 2005, 11:15 PM »
DD, we've all missed you here at Jedidefender, haven't seen you here too much lately.   ;)

I appreciate all the comments, and saw some of them at RS too, but I always prefer chatting with you here.

Troll - Thanks, I think he's my favorite in a while.  It's funny how the ones you don't really plan out sometimes become better than the ones thought out in advance.

Alyssa - Yeah, somewhere down the line she'll see some action.  I agree, I need to make a "clean" version of this too.  First I need another of these Padme bodies, but I haven't seen one of those figures anywhere in quite a while.

Freelo - I found that Xyber 9 figure really cheap at a collector show, and as soon as I saw it, I thought, "Freelo's armor!"  It kind of looks funny on him, but I think that it suits him well.

Clone Pilots - Actually, those are the POTF2 AT-AT driver helmets, sorry I didn't specify that before.  I'm still looking for those Bust-Ups too.

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Saturday 11.05.05
« Reply #1158 on: November 5, 2005, 02:58 AM »
Yawn, I need to go to bed!  But two more quick updates -

Teemoure - a Separtist sympathizer with a small Trandoshan army, my first entry for the current Monthly Customizer Challenge.

Tiper Jeel - a Corurscant mercenary.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 5, 2005, 06:01 AM »
Wow, those all are really nice. I really like the heavy clone pilots and the Coruscant mercenary. Excellent work.

Alex
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #1160 on: November 5, 2005, 08:56 AM »
Agian! Very cool and very much CHEWIE-like. You have that certain style about you my man! Your customs are very recognisable (is that correct english?) I love the use of the cobra-head on the coruscant mercenary. Fits as if it was made for the body.
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 5, 2005, 10:33 AM »
I kind of thought the cobra head was a little small for the body. It's a great idea and I think it would better in black with a red visor.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #1162 on: November 5, 2005, 04:56 PM »
Another great group of figures yet again mate I really like the last 3 figures especially the bounty hunter and the clone troopers and I like how you've added the Trandoshan arms, legs and head to a new body very well done.

Ron

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 5, 2005, 07:07 PM »
Well, scratch my latest Trando custom. I barely finish assembling the pieces and Chewie's already got his all painted. :P

Beat me to the punch, Chewie! Although I don't know mine would have looked nearly as good...the paint on this is phenomenal and those eyes look amazing...really sets him apart from Bossk and the other Trando's we've seen.

Tiper Jeel is well constructed, and the paint is good, but I almost find myself wishing he had a little more color.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: November 5, 2005, 11:58 PM »
Wow, Teemoure is one of the best figures you've done so far IMO. Not to say that your other figures aren't just as good, but something about this guy just jumps off the page at me - he looks fantastic.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 11.07.05
« Reply #1165 on: November 6, 2005, 10:08 PM »
Thanks guys, and I agree that maybe Tiper could have some more color.  If I add something, maybe a dull blue?

Also, I didn't get much customizing done this weekend, but here's one that I decided to make, using the Zuckuss bust-up head and a Meena Tills body, so here is a Gand named Jyyde, who is a traitor to the Republic and this will be shown in the Rykrof Enloe series.

« Last Edit: November 6, 2005, 10:51 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #1166 on: November 6, 2005, 10:24 PM »
Nice Gran... is there any way to modify his tubes to hang in a more neutral position? He looks like he's whirling around to confront someone.

Really, really cool, though. I need to look into snagging some BU's for my own work.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 6, 2005, 10:58 PM »
He's very cool looking, but kind of odd for a Gran... looks good in his Gand disguise. I'm just wondering how he got his three eyes in that helmet  :P

Just kidding, just kidding... he looks great. I love mixing the BustUps with regular  figures. It's almost as if they were made for each other.

Hey, you edited that out... cheater  :P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: November 6, 2005, 11:24 PM »
Yeah, I edited it out... if you'll click on the properties of the pic, you'll see I did realize it's "Gand" instead of "Gran" but for some reason I was in a Ree-Yees mentality I guess, and so was InRem.   :)

InRem, thanks for the suggestion on the tentacle things.  I don't know if I could do much more with them that I did, what I did was actually drill two holes in the figure, one in the chest and one in the back for the tentacles to fit into.  I also thought about repainting the head and tentacles, since I'd like for them to match the tone of the hands more.

Jokabofe, yeah it's a tight fit with all those eyes in there.   ;)  I do agree that most of the Bust Ups are pretty good fits for the Hasbro line.  I think that Gentle Giant does a great job.  I'd love to see them complete the sculpts on their figures though... especially like to see them maybe get the license to make some playset dioramas in the 3-3/4" scale...

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 6, 2005, 11:27 PM »
That's a really gool Gand! Gand customs are tough to do, in my opinion, because of how specific their species needs are regarding armor and such.

I agree on the tubes...I almost think it might look cooler to cut those off and use some real plastic tubing if you can find some small enough.

The Meena Tills body looks really cool. Findswoman will like this one, but she'll take you to task on those inaccurate hands. I'd go with the bust-up hands, or barring that, some Djas Puhr hands with the little pinky cut off. Those make pretty good Gand hands.

-DD
« Last Edit: November 6, 2005, 11:28 PM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!