Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 478604 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 11.08.05
« Reply #1185 on: November 8, 2005, 11:30 AM »
Thanks Famine.  I agree on the boots on Centilos.   I might just scrap him.

I think you've been out of the customs game for a bit as you've been busy with your restaurant deal (and customs will probably be the last thing on your mind for while), so here's some customs you might have missed if you don't want to shift back through the pages from the past 2 weeks.  A while back you said you thought I needed to start making some more "background" characters, so I've been trying to do that to some degree.

JYYDE -

DARTH PLAGEUIS -

TIPER JEEL -

TEEMOURE -

HEAVY ASSAULT CLONE PILOTS -

TROLL KAPTIS -

ALYSSA ENLOE -

FREELO -

TIBANNA GAS MINERS -

MAD WOOKIEE -

:P

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: November 8, 2005, 11:44 AM »
Damn, you've been on a roll!

A roll! Get it! Sub-shop! ROLL! AHAHAHAAH!

Sorry...

JYYDE-Really creepy...really. Creepy.

DARTH PLAGEUIS-Strikes me as too much like Palpatine in every way. I'd immagine Darth Plageuis with a long beard, dark wise eyes, and a more...studious look.

TIPER-Good use of the Kobra head. I definatley like this guy.

TEEMOURE-Looks like some of the customers I hope to get in my sub-shop! Seriously though, he looks very unique, and stands apart from the other Trandasho-figs you've made. Me likey.

HEAVY ASSAULT CLONE PILOTS-I like these guys, but ditch the red paint off the top of the helmets, and they'd be perfect. :)

TROLL-Seedy looking charachter. Tell me, does he live under a bridge?

ALYYSA ENLOE-Looks like she had some close quarters combat, and I'm not talking with Rycroff! No Battle Droids allowed in the nursery!

FREELO-Hahahahaha! I love that armor. Hillarious little fellah!

GAS MINERS-I like the paint on the body and helmets, but the head's I'm not liking. Have you tried using any Jurassic Park 3 heads for your customs? KB is chock full with the new wave.

ZOMBIE WOOKIEE-Oh snap, that thing looks pissed. I hope we get to see a few crazy wookies like that! I'm feeling his little blue jacket.

Great bunch.

Whats next on the chopping block?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: November 8, 2005, 12:26 PM »
Thanks Famine.  Ok, I'll reply about the ones you think could be changed.

DARTH PLAGEUIS - I guess I just get the feel that Palpatine emulated himself after Plageuis in most ways.  That's why I chose such a simple design.  I don't see Plageuis as being much more than low key.  But hell, he might have even been a Senator too, and been very prestigious in the Republic and the Jedi may have thought he was a good person.  Maybe I should rethink this character some more.  Or, he could have been hidden from society and only Palpatine knew of him... who knows?

GAS MINERS - Neither head is a Star Wars head... I remember those JP3 figures.  There's only one KB in my area now, and it's pretty far.

FREELO - The armor is funny, I like this guy.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #1188 on: November 8, 2005, 01:34 PM »
Great lot of customs chewie,

To continue on Plagueis, Since he was so concerned withkeeping his loved ones alive, i picture him as a hermet looking type of person. Miserly and covetious almost.

I dont know how that conveys into a custom, but i dont think him looking like a senator is the directions i would take him.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: November 8, 2005, 04:04 PM »
trandoshan-awesome, but the eyes totally make it for me.  he looks refined in his robes but also he could stab a claw right in your jugular at the same time.

clone pilots- great concept my only thing is the hoses and breather box thingy looks a little too big on him, too much like it belongs on a POTF2 figure than a ROTS figure.

plageuis-i have to agree with everybody else on this one so far.  he looks good but i don't picture him looking like that, maybe another Darth.  palpy referred to him as plagueis the wise not plagueis the friggin scary a$$ guy.  subtlty had become the Sith's most powerful weapon, not fear.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #1190 on: November 8, 2005, 06:37 PM »
Ha Chewie

Man you can sure pump out these figures and the detail you do to them is brillant, CENTILOS is an awesome custom and have to agree the tail looks great on him he turned out extremely well.

TAABTOO has that real gritty look about him he would pass for a junk dealer for sure.

Ron

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 11.09.05
« Reply #1191 on: November 9, 2005, 11:14 AM »
Thanks again for more comments/suggestions.  I'll probably make another version of Plageuis later on, but I need to find a good head that I'm satisfied with.

Also, as part of this month's Customizing Challenge, here are a couple of early entries -

Weequay Separatist Ground Troops

Parts used for each one -

head - Weequay
torso - POTJ Biker Scout
arms - ROTS Clone Pilot
thighs - POTJ Biker Scout
knees/shins/boots - ROTS Clone Pilot
helmet - POTJ Fleet Trooper

Pretty fun figures to make, but they were a little more challenging than most of the work I've done lately.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 11.09.05
« Reply #1192 on: November 9, 2005, 11:37 AM »
Those came out great. Nice mix of parts that mesh together very well. And of course the paint jobs are top notch as always. Where do you come up with the ideas for which parts to mix and match? I never would have thought about mixing those two main figures parts (Biker Scout and Clone Pilot) to make a figure. Are you going to mix the rest of the parts together as well? That would be interesting to see.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 11.10.05
« Reply #1193 on: November 10, 2005, 02:39 AM »
Thanks Jokabofe.  I end up buying so many extras of figures, that I have tons and tons of piles of loose figures and various figure parts.  Literally at least 500 figures.  So I just grab them by the handful and see what I can do with them.

As for the Biker Scout and Clone Pilot, I didn't really plan on that, it just happened.  I might be able to mix the other parts some, but the arm socket holes on the Clone Pilot are huge.  Find a set of arms that would fit might be tough.

Anyways, here's one more that I did tonight.  It's a Mon Calamari named Tilo.

TILO -

Parts used -

head - POTJ mon calamari officer
torso - POTF2 EU speederbike pilot
arms - SAGA Djas Puhr
hands - ROTS Meena Tills
thighs - POFT2 EU speederbike pilot
knees/shins/boots - ROTS Clone Pilot

Put together, repainted and sealed.  I think I'm getting better at the articutated knees.  I told everyone those Clone Pilots would come in useful some day!   ;)

« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 11:36 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #1194 on: November 10, 2005, 09:43 AM »
Love these guys chewie... great parts choice and paint job as usual.
Tilo is great considering the Frankenstien job you did on him. Lots of part donors!

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: November 10, 2005, 11:12 AM »
I love those!

The Weequay ground troops are bitchin', and look serious. Send a weequay head my way, would ya? ;)

TILO-Good job on the new flesh tone, and the weathering on the suit looks great.

Kevin

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: November 10, 2005, 11:34 AM »
I often don't find too much time to come in here and comment on customs, but those Weequay troops look fantastic!  I absolutely would not test the trigger fingers on those two, they look quite serious about not hesitating to blow an enemy's head off.

More of the goodstuff from one of the undisputed kings of customizing in this forum, fine work.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: November 10, 2005, 11:17 PM »
Thanks guys, glad the Weequays seem to look ok.  I was a little apprehensive about them.  I'm looking forward to having them in a Rykrof photonovel.

Also, I made another figure tonight, I call him IG-34.  I figure he's a pretty old droid, but still effective as an assassin.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 11.11.05
« Reply #1198 on: November 10, 2005, 11:21 PM »
Impressive. I like the yellow green. It'll really stand out from most droids. I'm impressed.

The Weequays look really awsome. I keep going back and looking at the pictures. I might combine TILO and your WEEQUAY recipie and make my own soldier when we get the new Sora Bulq figures.

Kevin

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 11.11.05
« Reply #1199 on: November 11, 2005, 12:01 AM »
Thanks Kevin, I think the yellowish green color helps him stand out a bit.  I'm glad I added that instead of the typical black/gray coloring I usually do.

For the Weequays, that's a good idea about the Sora Bulq head, as it looks much more detailed.  I can't wait until that figure comes out.  I also need some more damn Clone pilots.  I think a Target in my area has a few of them still, so I'll probably swing by there tomorrow.

Also, I never bought the Temple 5-pk, or any of the Tactical Ops Troopers.  Just didn't like them.  So I repainted some Clone #41's and added a cloak to the Evolutions Anakin, and here's my figures to attack the Jedi Temple.  I know the leg stripes are missing, but I like them like this.