Author Topic: Fear the Walking Dead  (Read 143203 times)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Walking Dead
« Reply #255 on: July 29, 2019, 07:40 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out where in Texas they are. I mean, I've lived here all my life and travelled all over.

I'm guessing they are on the coast...but the terrain looks like the hill country, a least a couple hundred miles from the coast.  With that, hurricanes are very weak once they reach that far inland.  I know they were in Austin or San Antonio at some point last season, so I used a little deductive reasoning. 

I guess from the nuclear reactor, they could be near Bay City, but again, the terrain isn't Texas coastal plains, but rather hill country.

After checking their location shooting, they are in the hill country, but there are no nuclear plants nearby.  Texas has two of them, one near the Dallas area, and the other outside of Houston.  So I'm probably digging a little too much here, but oh well.

I can't figure this season out.  I usually watch a few weeks after the episode airs and do so on the app as it just hasn't drawn me in.  It's not bad, but nothing to write home about and certainly not must watch TV...not that there is really anything I have to watch besides baseball.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2019, 03:01 PM »
Where did the husband get land mines at?  ???

Why do Max Headroom and crew waste ammo?  ::)

They really should've killed him.  Morgan and Dwight should realize that he'd be problem, of course Morgan is peace, love and rainbows and Daniel wants to turn over a new leaf. This is a problem. You know someone's who had already been trouble is gonna be trouble later. Remember the Mad Black Woman from last season.

Are we FREAKING TIRED OF THE CAMERA stuff already? 

And what country is Preacher in with the crazy house of freaks? Wrong show.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2019, 05:28 PM »
I actually liked the landmine house....the walkers getting blown up was just hilarious!

I figure in about 7 weeks, Alicia is going to kill Matt Frewer's character.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 12, 2019, 11:26 PM »
Did they explode all of the landmines? Some poor soul is going to think they found sanctuary only to get shot sky high like Wiley Coyote.

Humans can design video camera batteries that continue to charge for over 5 years but can't develop a cure for zombie-ism?

Their numbers are growing like crazy. I only hope that means major culling leading up to the season finale.  >:D

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 19, 2019, 10:30 AM »
After 10 years of TWD and FTWD we finally see a shout out to Dawn of the Dead.....someone was living in a Mall!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 19, 2019, 01:58 PM »
A mall no one looted yet.

We are still at "characters acting like idiots" method of story telling with Grace and Dwight both acting foolish. 

I have to wonder if like 2 gallons of gas could power an entire mall for more than one minute.

Daniel's quest for a Cinnabon will be the highlight of this season.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 26, 2019, 01:14 PM »
All those expert theories that it was Madison painting the trees were a bit off.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 30, 2019, 05:57 PM »
Madison will be Logan's boss.

I've already forgotten most the last episode. A police station that ain't been looted? Really?

"That's some good writing, boy. *croaks*"

Thus ends Alicia's pointless not killing people who are already dead storyline.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 2, 2019, 11:24 AM »
I kind of liked last night's episode.  It was a an interesting twist on Father Gabriel's story with the Rabbi.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 2, 2019, 01:37 PM »
It was different. I was hoping it would go some place more interesting than it did. The story required a kid doing stupid ****. That's getting old. And the ladder bit...they are going through hurdles to put characters in these precarious situations they otherwise would never get into. Like it's a tv show or something!  :P

Also, any time Morgan's not on screen, another character should be asking "Where's Morgan?"

Charlie: "Where is Morgan?"
Rabbi: "Who is Morgan?"
Drax: "I'll do you one better, why is Morgan?"

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 9, 2019, 08:25 AM »
New antagonists show up by killing off previous ones.  It's Alpha Mare leading the Horse Whisperers (I need to trademark that).

This after we get more backstory for Logan (there's still time...), that's a thing they do sometimes. Actors must fear  the walking dead their character getting too big a role.

The refinery is a hole in the ground...I don't know much about refining...but seems a bit sketchy.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2019, 08:26 AM by Scockery »

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 9, 2019, 09:55 AM »
Weird episode.  Just really weird.  This half of the season has kind of been all over the place aimlessly running about.  Maybe the next spinoff will have a coherent storyline.

I'm a Texan.  I have the accent.  But I hate TV shows portraying us as a bunch of horse back riding, six shooter toting, hillbillies.  That's simply not the case.  My god, it's like everything reverted back to the 1800s, clothing, guns, and everything else.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 9, 2019, 10:07 AM »
I'm a Texan.  I have the accent.  But I hate TV shows portraying us as a bunch of horse back riding, six shooter toting, hillbillies.  That's simply not the case.  My god, it's like everything reverted back to the 1800s, clothing, guns, and everything else.

Whoa, wait a sec.  You aren't all a bunch of horse back riding, six shooter toting, hillbillies?  I thought that was the only authentic part of the episode?   ;D

So the bad guy has a change of heart, then gets killed by the new bad guy.  The only thing I like was that they were using the walkers as a means of production...like the end of Shaun of the Dead.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 9, 2019, 02:26 PM »
Texans aren't all hillbillies, as much of Texas is flat land.

They just need to trade Mr A-Hole for Rosita Luciana.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 16, 2019, 12:06 AM »
Daniel doesn't seem like the Travelling Wilburys type.

Uh...some stuff happened...pool time...that was the highlight.  Meh.