Author Topic: 2023 TVC Troop Builder Imperial Officer 4-Pack  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
2023 TVC Troop Builder Imperial Officer 4-Pack
« on: July 21, 2023, 07:40 PM »
We all knew it was coming, and I'll happily pick it up. It'll be nice to have an update to Motti & the ISB officer looks nice. That being said, like the last few sets, this set does sort of miss the mark for army building w/ two named officers. I do wonder if they will put out any alternate version, one with either some other named officers (Needa, Ozzel, Yularen, etc.) or a set of generic officers.

I'll grab one for sure, and maybe a second for customizing.
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2023 TVC Troop Builder Imperial Officer 4-Pack
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2023, 01:01 AM »
STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION IMPERIAL OFFICERS
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $54.99 / Available: Fall 2023)

Imperial Officers fought against Rebel forces in an effort to maintain the Empire’s stronghold over the galaxy. Fans can celebrate the legacy of STAR WARS, the action-and-adventure-packed space saga from a galaxy far, far away, with this premium 3.75-inch scale STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION IMPERIAL OFFICERS figure 4-pack inspired by the STAR WARS original trilogy. These figures include two new officer portraits; Admiral Piett (with his admiral rank badge); and -- for the first time in The Vintage Collection -- General Motti. All figures feature premium detail and design across product and packaging inspired by the original Kenner line, as well as the entertainment-inspired collector grade deco. Includes 4 figures and 6 entertainment-inspired accessories.
Available for pre-order 7/22 at 5 pm ET exclusively at Hasbro Pulse and ShopDisney.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2023, 10:42 AM »
I don’t hate it.  Are the other two just generic then?  Why couldn’t they have painted some of them black and done First Order officers… or anything specific. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2023, 11:18 AM »
Are the other two just generic then? 

Yep.
ESB Admiral Piett
ANH Admiral Motti
two generic officers

Why couldn’t they have painted some of them black and done First Order officers… or anything specific.

Give it time and I'm sure they will get to those, and then use this buck for a new Death Star table figure set, and more and more and more. ;)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2023, 11:56 AM »
The admiral with the white tunic bears a striking resemblance to Admiral Versio from Battlefront II.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2023, 01:11 PM »
Are the other two just generic then? 

Yep.
ESB Admiral Piett
ANH Admiral Motti
two generic officers

Why couldn’t they have painted some of them black and done First Order officers… or anything specific.

Give it time and I'm sure they will get to those, and then use this buck for a new Death Star table figure set, and more and more and more. ;)

Thanks. :)

So was the Piett we already got on the single card a Captain version of him then?  Maybe I have it in the wrong spot on my shelf... the checklist thread has that one listed as Admiral too.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2023, 01:22 PM »
Long story short, the rank badge system that was set up in ESB was not followed in ROTJ.

In ESB we see Captain Piett at the beginning of the movie, then at the end his rank badge has changed to an Admiral's badge. This final scene Piett is the figure in the 4-pack.

The Admiral Piett seen in ROTJ has the generic badge every officer in ROTJ had, which matches the Captain rank in ESB. So the ROTJ carded figure already out works for Captain Piett in the early part of ESB too.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2023, 01:31 PM »
Okay... if I'm following, it would make sense if I take the single-card one and throw him into the ESB shelf, and then use the 4-Pack one for ROTJ yeah?

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2023, 02:17 PM »
Technically, no, the only badge Piett wore in ROTJ was the one that he has in the carded release. (Every officer has the same rank badge in that film, even Moff Jerrjerrod.)

You can display either version on an ESB shelf, because he was both a Captain and an Admiral in that movie and wore both versions of the rank badges.

The 4-pack version was only ever seen in ESB, in the finals scenes of the movie when he has been promoted to "Admiral."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2023, 03:17 PM »
Excellent explanation Muftak. 

I look at it this way - the ROTJ carded Admiral Piett fits on a ROTJ shelf OR any ESB shelf next to Admiral Ozzel.  The 4-Pack Admiral Piett here would fit on any post-Ozzel force choke ESB scene shelf (losing the Falcon in the asteroids, on the bridge with the Bounty Hunters, etc).

(all of this discussion has me thinking about buying another ROTJ card Admiral Piett to put on my ESB Ozzel death scene shelf now... :P).

Some pictures to help -

ESB Captain Piett

ESB Admiral Piett

ROTJ Admiral Piett
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 03:21 PM by Jeff »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2023, 05:04 PM »
Up for pre-order -> https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-imperial-officers

$59.99 = Boo!  Press Release said $55 :(

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2023, 05:10 PM »
I'd consider Admiral Piett to be good for ROTJ scenes. There's no need to follow the onscreen **** up.

Looking forward to these, but I would love to have a solid 4-pack of black uniform officers with different heads, like the Rebel Fleet Trooper pack. Maybe one of them is in grey or something.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2023, 05:12 PM »
Technically, no, the only badge Piett wore in ROTJ was the one that he has in the carded release. (Every officer has the same rank badge in that film, even Moff Jerrjerrod.)

You can display either version on an ESB shelf, because he was both a Captain and an Admiral in that movie and wore both versions of the rank badges.

The 4-pack version was only ever seen in ESB, in the finals scenes of the movie when he has been promoted to "Admiral."

Got it. Thanks!

I'll just put the existing one on ESB, and the new one with ROTJ.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2023, 12:12 PM »
I like the set, but same issue as with the recent Clone trooper set...the lack of generality keeps me from getting multiples.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2023, 12:12 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2023, 12:20 PM »
That’s just it’s. If you’re doing specifics, people aren’t buying two, so why do any generics in there at all?  Give us four from the films, then do a generic set later.  Although I’d rather have another set of specific ones.