Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 211198 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: How's the weather?
« Reply #1440 on: January 10, 2009, 11:16 PM »
and I'm a smoker (which means I have to do that dirty deed outside)

A little late and OT, but I never knew... you hide it from the rest of the group well.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: January 10, 2009, 11:42 PM »
  But somehow people always forget how to drive in the stuff.  Amazing.
Doesn't ever go away (it seems, and it doesn't for five months) here and people are still morons. 

Seems warm here, -18 C (0F) and snowing but anything not below -30 C feels warmish these days.  Days are getting longer though, so only three months to go.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: January 11, 2009, 11:10 AM »
More fluffy snow to shovel today, whoopee!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: January 11, 2009, 08:03 PM »
It's been in the teens and low 20's here in St. Paul!!!  YAY!!  Warm weather!!  Looks like we're dipping back down to the -20's next week though.  YAY!!  Freezing cold and SNOW!!   ::)

A little late and OT, but I never knew... you hide it from the rest of the group well.

It's lame, but I try and hide it from people the best I can - even the dirty smokers at work.  I think Jayson caught me one day outside of Red Robin before one of our meetings. 

We tend to obviously multiply in MN on this board here for some reason.  Most of you guys are really missing out on the fun factor of having so many local collectors in one area at one spot.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: January 11, 2009, 11:26 PM »
It's been in the teens and low 20's here in St. Paul!!!  YAY!!  Warm weather!!  Looks like we're dipping back down to the -20's next week though.  YAY!!  Freezing cold and SNOW!!   ::)

I didn't catch the exact forecast for tomorrow, but I heard the "it' word again... hopefully not before work and not after. But that's asking a lot in an imperfect world. Just means I am anxiously warm weather more.

It's lame, but I try and hide it from people the best I can - even the dirty smokers at work.  I think Jayson caught me one day outside of Red Robin before one of our meetings. 

No biggie... closet smoker.  ;)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #1445 on: January 12, 2009, 03:32 PM »
January update:  It's cold!

Will report back in six months with the next update.

(Prediction:  It's gonna be hot!)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: January 13, 2009, 10:10 AM »
Depending on where you live in the Twin Cities you got anywhere from 4-6 inches of snow yesterday. Then the winds started up. It was -16 F (-27 C for you Canadians) on one sign on my way in to work this morning. The lower 2/3 of MN is in a Wind Chill Advisary (between -20 and -40) the upper 1/3 is in a Wind Chill Warning (-45 to -60) for the day.

How bad is it in Canada aye?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: January 13, 2009, 10:26 AM »
That's Canada eh b'y!  :P

Just worked on shoveling & snow blowing the garage pad again, we had about 2" of that **** yesterday. It's aboot -5°C right now & getting a tad warmer today with some wind gusts from the chinook coming in. It may rain/snow today which will just make a mess of the roads, so far Friday & Saturday is going up to 6°C so aboot 42.8F for dem down south ya!  :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: January 13, 2009, 04:41 PM »
Ballpark me as just north of the upper 1/3 of Minnesota, so same stuff here.  Tomorrow's a bit nicer, only -50 with the windchill.   ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1449 on: January 13, 2009, 09:33 PM »
We're getting a swift kick in the nuts in the next couple days, of the cold air you guys are pooping onto our area.  So we're looking at similar temps with windchills I think.  Not -50 or 40, but I've heard -25 to -30 for Pittsburgh...  Low's of 0 or -1's, high's that if you make double digits, you're probably down in the city and fortunate.

And of course all the obligatory scattering around to get heaters, food, and other random stupidity is going along with it.  We're getting some snow too but I pray to god nothing comes Saturday.  I need Saturdays to be ok.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: January 15, 2009, 10:10 AM »
We're looking at highs in the low single digits with wind chills in the -20 range today and tomorrow.  The weather guy commented it was warmer in Fairbanks Alaska yesterday.  >:(

Still, this is the coldest weather we've had all winter, and probably all last winter too, so I'll shaddup before some Minnesotians, or Canadian-Americans, put me in my place.
I am not the Stig

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: January 15, 2009, 11:11 AM »
It's snowing again today in the NYC area.  Great.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: January 15, 2009, 11:18 AM »
It's -7°C right now & it's going to go to 7°C for the next 3 days. Boy the driving will be fun on the slushy/sloppy roads & with the melt that has no place to go.  :-\

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: January 15, 2009, 11:36 AM »
Today it is going to be about 83 degrees. Which is a good 15 degrees higher than the average temperature for today in Anaheim.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: January 15, 2009, 11:39 AM »
Woke up this morning to -21 F and wind chill near -40F. The pipes to my kitchen froze, luckily they didn't break. My wife is presently attempting to thaw them.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!