Author Topic: 400% Kubricks  (Read 102263 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: 400% Kubricks
« Reply #540 on: August 4, 2006, 12:05 PM »
Received a confirmation email this morning from Robby.  Not sure really yet if that means I'm in and good to go or if we'll have to wait on quantities they receive. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 4, 2006, 07:11 PM »
I got the same thing Brent, hopefully we are good to go!  :)

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 4, 2006, 08:00 PM »
RoBby said the same thing when I ordered Han & Luke. Very limited and couldn`t gaurantee (spelled that wayyy wrong!) I would get them. I don`t think this one will be a problem, really. Can`t wait to get this bad boy!
Adam

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 6, 2006, 02:58 AM »
RoBby said the same thing when I ordered Han & Luke. Very limited and couldn`t gaurantee (spelled that wayyy wrong!) I would get them. I don`t think this one will be a problem, really. Can`t wait to get this bad boy!

Sith n' Sudds...a little bit of beer and 400% Bricks before Series 7.
Can't wait.

I Dream of Yumbos...

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 13, 2006, 01:22 PM »
I'm in for a couple of these thanks to the Minnesota brick-pimp (Jeff). I'm not sure if I will keep the second or give it to the brother-in-law, he's going to have to start mowing the lawn if he wants it...  ;D

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #545 on: August 21, 2006, 12:55 PM »
For those in need of a 400% Stormie Luke, FreeBento.com has him for $80.00
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline mondocoyote

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 24, 2006, 08:55 AM »
I just saw the 400% vader at wonderfestival.. I dont think anyone who ordered will be dissappointed- its a seriously nice chunk  of plastic. Lightsaber looks a bit feeble but could easily be replaced with a bit of red 5mm dowel;)

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 24, 2006, 09:25 AM »
Last weekend, I went to a local comic/toy show and Boba Fett himself, Mr. Jeremy Bulloch happened to be there. I knew about this for a few weeks prior and debated on what I want to get signed then it hit me, the 400% Boba Kub. Well I hauled this huge thing down there and got in line. When he saw it, his eyes lit up. Turns out he was just given both versions, BxH and ESB as a gift from Lucasfilm. We talked for a few minutes and he gladly signed it for me. Hands down, the nicest celebrity i've ever met... David Prowse (Darth Vader) was supposed to be there but had to cancel. Which is a good thing for me as I now want him to sign the 400% Vader when I get it. I think i've found a new hobby within the Kub hobby...

Here are the pics!:

« Last Edit: March 9, 2007, 01:35 PM by Madcow »

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 24, 2006, 03:22 PM »
Fantastic Madcow! I feel like I had a hand in it! If I go to a convention, I may have him do the same for mine.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 24, 2006, 11:00 PM »
Very nice Madcow.  8)

For those who ordered the 400% Vader at HLJ, I noticed that they put an "Order Stop" on him. 

This is a new item that has not yet been released by the manufacturer. We have already taken all the orders we expect to be able to fill. No further orders will be accepted until supplies are confirmed when the product is released.

In some cases, even prior to release, our suppliers inform us that the amount of a new product we can buy may be limited. If we take as many orders for something as we can reasonably expect to fill, we will place that item in this "order stop" status until we can confirm how many pieces will be available at the time of release. If we fill all pre-orders, and still have stock remaining, then the item will be put in regular, in-stock status and we'll begin accepting orders again.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 25, 2006, 03:07 AM »
Last weekend, I went to a local comic/toy show and Boba Fett himself, Mr. Jeremy Bulloch happened to be there. I knew about this for a few weeks prior and debated on what I want to get signed then it hit me, the 400% Boba Kub. Well I hauled this huge thing down there and got in line. When he saw it, his eyes lit up.

What a great story!  That piece will definitely be a keeper in your collection for a long time.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 25, 2006, 09:41 AM »
Fantastic Madcow! I feel like I had a hand in it! If I go to a convention, I may have him do the same for mine.

You did, thanks for the great deal!  ;)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 30, 2006, 04:51 PM »
I've been looking at the Kubrick collection, and was wondering who you guys would like to see in the 400% line. 
I settled on 2 that I thought would translate really well to the 400% size, Chewbacca and Bossk. Chewbacca is a great looking Kubrick, and Bossk may hands-down be the cutest assassin ever produced as a toy. Any other suggestions?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #553 on: August 30, 2006, 04:55 PM »
I'd like to see R2-D2 in the 400% scale. 

That'd work out pretty cool I think...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 30, 2006, 05:01 PM »
Biker Scout - I think this is likely. 

Tie Pilot