Author Topic: Fear the Walking Dead  (Read 143217 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Fear the Walking Dead
« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2016, 11:21 PM »
This week a plan almost worthy of Rick Grimes. Almost, because this plan somehow didn't get anyone killed....yet.

So the mother is mad at the manager because her daughter died, but her daughter was doomed when she got bit.

It wasn't that bad this week. I guess.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 13, 2016, 05:21 PM »
I didn't miss Chris and Travis at all.

The mom and daughter storyline is vaguely interesting but Strand seems wasted so far this season.

Feel like there is a palpable lack of chemistry between Nick and Lucinda, but she is bound to die anyway I'm guessing.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2016, 06:27 AM »
Well, I felt this week was a pretty "decent" episode.  I say that loosely.  However, the mom/daughter relationship looks to have potential.  Nick looks like he's getting his head screwed on and could go somewhere cool.  So we'll see.

Maybe the writers are finally figuring this out and will make a decent show out of this yet...I'm being optimistic.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2016, 12:03 AM »
Not a terrible episode, except after building Madison as semi-competent, they shoot her down again!

Crazy wedding mama's gonna get more people killed.

And we have to go back to Travis and Chris next week, then for the finale something after that.

Z-Nation's season premiere moved faster than that. Sure, it was stupid, but...they don't drag their heels.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2016, 03:54 PM »
There's too many characters now. They need to kill a LOT of people. Soon.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2016, 06:23 AM »
Dear god it looked like FTWD was going somewhere, then it did, but nothing happened.  Two more episodes to hope something happens.  Seriously, is anything going to happen?

As for Z Nation, I'm about halfway through the episode and I love the hokiness.  It doesn't take itself too seriously, and is for the most part an enjoyable zombie show.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 21, 2016, 08:28 AM »
Hahaha, Psycho Chris was on Agents of Shield last night. Hopefully he will be moving there permanently.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 21, 2016, 12:01 PM »
Hahaha, Psycho Chris was on Agents of Shield last night. Hopefully he will be moving there permanently.

I certainly hope not. But I did say to my wife - wonder if this means he's not long for FTWD.

I would not be upset one bit if both Travis and Chris were killed by the end of this season.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 25, 2016, 11:45 PM »
That was an episode. Kept expecting something dark to emerge from Travis's story, instead...it was kinda what you'd think.

You are too stupid to survive if you cannot realize that its better to have egg laying chickens than just to just eat the chickens.

And Madison tells Alicia the truth about her father's death that none of us in the audience give a rat's butt about. It all makes sense, living with that family, you'd want to end it all, too.

Everyone will be together by the end of the two-hour series...damn...only season finale.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 26, 2016, 09:51 AM »
I was waiting/hoping for a "look at the rabbits, Lenny!" moment too. Dammit.

Travis - " I let Chris ride away...and I'm completely devastated"

Madison - "Yeah, we let Nick walk away too, for no reason, but I'm doing ok"  ::)

There is no way in hell those jackasses wind up at the same hotel. They were in a car driving at top speed, in a completely different direction than Travis was walking. San Diego is nowhere near Tijuana. That is just bad writing.

What, Ophelia didn't see the hotel beacon too?

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 26, 2016, 03:47 PM »
Why haven't these idiots started digging through homes looking for useful bits of...I don't know...guns, weapons, bottled water, food, etc...  I know they're in a hotel and all, but dear god they are dumb.

Too many stupid people.  Too many non-decisions and too much BS.  This show drives me nuts with how you think something is going to happen, something builds, and then nothing happens.

Embrace the suck.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 3, 2016, 12:51 AM »
Travis finally gets to bust some skulls...literally.

Buh-bye to one survivor. Shall not be missed.

Madison still sucks.

Strand strands-self. Why? This strand of the plot isn't needed.

Bad guys still suck at being bad guys, shooting in the air to celebrate nothing, then unable to cohesively defend themselves against a hoard despite navigating through them moments before.

School Bus of the Undead Part 2! Such a reliable vehicle for the pharmacist to committ Pharmacide!

There should be tons of goods to loot from the gang's vehicles. Which, of course, they left unguarded.

Nick is still a fool, why did he think it was a refugee camp?  They'd have better luck going home, luring the heard back to the "wall".

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 3, 2016, 06:21 AM »
I wasn't terribly impressed with any new revelations.  However, I wasn't disappointed either.  Travis finally realized the way things are and took care of some business.  The plot still moved at a snail's pace, but it did offer some hope that Season 3 will have some good stuff.

Embrace the suck.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 3, 2016, 08:56 AM »
I thought these were the two best episodes of the whole show so far. I think I probably woke up my kids shouting at Travis to keep beating the living **** out of those two dirtbags. That scene was great.

Stuff that didn't make sense - the whole thing with how the other guy got hurt. I thought Travis was in there alone with those two kids. I didn't even notice what happened. That dude probably should have hid in a corner or something and waited it out. Also, wtf with the "don't look behind the curtain" walker in the colonia. Guy just pops out of nowhere and starts eating people faces?

Strand was utterly wasted this whole season, Will we ever see him again?

Yeah, shocking that the "let's head to the military base" plan didn't work out. Because it always does in every apocalyptic disaster movie I've ever seen.  ::)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 3, 2016, 12:59 PM »
I think the other guy got into the room when they got the keys but Travis slammed his head and then relocked the door.

Once they found out his condition, they should've left ASAP.

The silent zombies thing again.

I guess Strand has to stay at the hotel so the mother of the bride can get loose and try to kill him again. Really, they should've left that hotel behind entirely.

Notice the gang's warehouse was empty...so where did all the stuff go? They should panel trucks of crap if they took it with them to la colonia.