Collectibles > Episode 1

The Original "Midnight Madness"

<< < (6/6)

Brian:
Just bumping up this old thread with the 10th Anniversary of TPM upon us today.  I've detailed my experiences above (as many others have), but it is always nice to hear others.  I didn't technically go to "Midnight Madness" that time, as I wasn't in collecting full force quite yet (just sporadically buying POTF2 figures as a poor college student) - but I do think the TPM was the road downhill for me, as it was for many people.  Despite the poor reviews of the film, as well as many worsening opinions over time, it was really a fun time to be a fan with "new" Star Wars back in the theaters and in the toy aisles and so much hype everywhere.

iFett:
I didn't get back into toy collecting until almost a year after TPM was released, but I remember watching all these weirdos on tv lined up outside stores and all the havoc they were causing inside.  I can understand the excitement though, this being the first SW movie since Jedi, but I was like - look at all these freaking dorks going crazy over little plastic men.  I've still never been to a midnight madness to this day, but more power to ya guys.   ;)

Mainland05:
Still wish I could have been part of the original midnight madness.

Jesse James:
Was just thinking about MM the other day.  I was going through the few autographs I have, and found stashed away my "Official MM Certificate" thing signed by some guy...  the TRU store manager maybe?  Or a Hasbro employee or something.

Anyway, found it odd and kind of funny that I hung onto this for so long.  I recall buying hardly anything that night.  The next one I bought even less at and was glad I did because I got almost eveyrthing from 2002 on clearance.  I didn't make teh ROTS MM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version