Author Topic: Star Wars Resistance  (Read 53586 times)

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Resistance
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2019, 07:12 AM »
I am. First episode was same as most of last season as in "meh". I do think now that it's them vs. The First Order it should be more interesting.

I keep forgetting to get on the Scockery TV/movie watching routine of only watching things I loathe.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2019, 12:18 AM »
Now that episode was just dumb.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 6, 2019, 01:24 AM »
That episode? Well that narrows it down.

I was surprised they killed that monster. Don't monsters have rights?

At least furball got his floor buffer back. That's the character arc I wanted finished.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 6, 2019, 07:22 AM »
I figured the time stamp would date the episode I meant. Also thought I was the only one who needed to "seek help" so I was talking to myself. Show is still nothing more than a C- but it's also still Star Wars and takes 23 minutes to watch.

I like some of the characters and am interested to see how this ends. And sadly for me I don't watch any shows I loathe and can go find a website to tell everyone how much it sucks and how dumb it is. Does that Masked Singer show have a maskeddefender.com?  My sister in law always trys to get me to watch it.
« Last Edit: November 6, 2019, 07:30 AM by GrandMoffNick »

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 6, 2019, 10:39 AM »
I watch the show on the web not on the channel it airs...if I even get it.  Much easier to go back and reloathe scenes that way.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2019, 11:49 AM »
I know I’m late to the meeting, so to speak, but I finally watching some of the first season of Star Wars Resistance on Disney+.  It is definitely a kid-oriented show (much more so than Rebels or Clone Wars) but overall it’s not bad at all and I’m rather enjoying it :)
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2019, 06:33 PM »
I think even for a kid's show, they've overused the giant monster trope.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2019, 07:10 AM »
I know I’m late to the meeting, so to speak, but I finally watching some of the first season of Star Wars Resistance on Disney+.  It is definitely a kid-oriented show (much more so than Rebels or Clone Wars) but overall it’s not bad at all and I’m rather enjoying it :)

I was catching up on some DVR'd episodes last night.  And I didn't get that as much from the last two episodes.  Kaz is still kind of goofy, I won't ague that.  But it seems like some story elements in this series are starting to build up towards The Rise Of Skywalker.  Especially with the episode about relic hunting in old temples.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 08:07 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 9, 2019, 07:10 PM »
I wish they'd get to "vs the First Order" more. I'd like a decent conclusion

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #84 on: December 9, 2019, 10:56 PM »
I can’t fault the giant monster thing.  It’s part of all of Star Wars really.  I caught up last weekend on the series and it’s really underrated.  It’s better to me than Rebels ever was, which disappointed me a lot.  I really wish the actors got a cameo in TRoS.  The relic hunter troopers were pretty slick.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2019, 06:25 PM »
That last ep on Empok Nor....the FO refueling station. The First Order is okay with Nikto as technicians?
I have no idea...who is supposed to be speciesist this week?

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2020, 02:51 PM »
That last ep on Empok Nor....the FO refueling station. The First Order is okay with Nikto as technicians?
I have no idea...who is supposed to be speciesist this week?

I did get a kick out of the technician suits. I was kind of hoping that was "Matt" sneaking around.
Macklunkey!

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 5, 2021, 05:03 PM »
I finally managed to get through season 2 of Resistance while on the treadmill. 

I really liked how the show finished up and they finally got to some conflict with the First Order.  All those final episodes were solid an entertaining.

However, half of the episodes leading up to the final story arc were difficult to watch and just plain stupid.  Anything involving the aces and racing was dreadful.

This series overall was a lot worse than Rebels, which I mostly enjoyed.  My kids enjoyed Rebels and we watched it each week together.  They didn't care for Resistance and gave up pretty quick.

If anyone if considering watching this series and hasn't started, I'd suggest watching the first couple of episodes of season 1 to get to know the characters, and then skipping ahead and watching the final half of season 2.