Author Topic: Ahsoka (SPOILERS possible)  (Read 8460 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Ahsoka (SPOILERS possible)
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2023, 09:21 AM »
I’m wondering if they will flash back to explain that as well. I mean, the Purrgil had literally broken through all the windows on the bridge, and I’m no physics major but I’m pretty sure you can’t go through hyperspace Al Fresco  :D

I just figured there were emergency shields that keep the atmosphere from venting.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2023, 04:56 PM »
I’m wondering if they will flash back to explain that as well. I mean, the Purrgil had literally broken through all the windows on the bridge, and I’m no physics major but I’m pretty sure you can’t go through hyperspace Al Fresco  :D

I just figured there were emergency shields that keep the atmosphere from venting.

Same!  It's best not to invoke physics when it comes to Star Wars.

Thrawn sure can make a hell of an entrance!  And not a bad parking job by the Chimaera, either.

The Night Sisters seemed like a beautiful blend of what we had seen before with Mother Talzin on Dathomir, while drawing on the archetype of three witches - the Stygian witches and the Three witches in MacBeth come to mind.  And their abhorrence of the Jedi seems like something that we should definitely pay attention to.

Baylan Skoll seems to be acting much more in his own interests now rather than as an agent of Thrawn or Morgan Elsbeth.  It seems clear that he needed a ride, because he has been in search of something grander.  I suspect that's going to bring him into conflict with the Night Sisters.

The Howler was hilarious!  And it was great to see a creature with that kind of personality executed so well.  As for the reunion?  It seemed almost pre-destined.  And I suspect that the next conversation between Sabine and Ezra will not go as well.  But I was definitely struck by how much an older Ezra looks like his father.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2023, 05:10 PM »
But I was definitely struck by how much an older Ezra looks like his father.

My daughter asked why he looks like Jesus.  :P

Definitely seemed like he was a hippie living in a turtle shell camper on the side of the road.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2023, 08:03 PM »

This works for me 👍 :)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2023, 02:43 AM »
First off, what an incredibel couple of weeks for the show. I've LOVED everything we've gotten the last few episode, primarily for the story, but also for the toy possibilities.

Speculation on what is in the cases that Thrawn's team was loading in to the Star Destroyer?  I'm not sure they'll do ysalamiri in this version of the story, but that is my only guess at this point.

I wouldn't rule Ysalamiri out just yet... Given Sabine's lack of Force sensitivity, they could set up a really cool redemption cool arc where Sabine (and her very non-Jedi, Mandalorian skillset)  has to come back to rescue Ahsoka or other Force Adepts and gets the chance to redeem herself.
"This is the way."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2023, 09:18 AM »
But I was definitely struck by how much an older Ezra looks like his father.

My daughter asked why he looks like Jesus.  :P

Definitely seemed like he was a hippie living in a turtle shell camper on the side of the road.

I saw someone reference what looks like chainmail that Ezra was wearing.

A closer look revealed that it was composed of the dogtags of Stormtroopers.  Ezra has clearly been.... busy!

Feedback

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2023, 05:40 PM »
I’ve been rewatching the previous episode on Monday nights, which is typically never do but I feel like it’s a lot to soak in all at once. So much toy candy in that last Ep too. 

Random thoughts:
I love love love that they are using Lars as Thrawn but if I’m being honest he sort of cuts an unimposing physical presence. Paunchy, a little slouched, maybe he just let himself go in exile lol because it’s hard to imagine him going toe to toe with that training droid on Rebels. The voice is sooo perfect though.

The 3 witches were creepy AF and exactly what I would have expected a Night Sister to look like. Kudos Dave Filoni. Funny though how with all their foresight they couldn’t conjure up the stolen battle plans, er..Ezra’s location.  :D

The Nomads were all super cool and we’ll be lucky to get one of them.  :-\

What “greater power” could Baylan be seeing to awaken? If Yuuzhan beat ‘em, join em? Am I Vong here?  ;)

Still unclear on what is in those crates and if Thrawn is making payment why are they loading those crates ONTO his ship? And what’s in the Catacombs?  ???

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2023, 11:38 PM »
It's so dumb and 100% fan pandering but when THAT guy showed up in the first 5 minutes to help Hera, I was giddy like a little schoolboy.

Really can't wait to see a) how they wrap all this up, b) whether or not we get a season 2, and c) how this will all play into more Mandalorian-Verse shows/stories.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2023, 12:52 AM »
I hope that last episode is gonna be three hours long cause they got a lot of ‘splainin’ to do!  ;D

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2023, 09:39 PM »
It's so dumb and 100% fan pandering but when THAT guy showed up in the first 5 minutes to help Hera, I was giddy like a little schoolboy.

What do we think… was that supposed to be Ackbar in the hearing room?  I’ve been thinking about snagging an extra for the Ahsoka shelf.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2023, 08:30 AM »
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was meant to be Ackbar. They didn't have him speak for real world reasons. I would actually be ok with them recasting him, if they can find someone to do his voice. It would be nice to have Ackbar as a returning character and a connection to the OT.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2023, 12:59 PM »
I felt pretty confident that was Admiral Ackbar sitting on the tribunal.  And if there had been something relevant for him to add it would have been nice to hear him as part of the scene.

I shudder to include references to the RESISTANCE animated series here, but it is interesting to see how there have been entanglements between Leia and Senator Xiono going on for years.  Kaz's dad has been a bit of a prick for some time, it would seem.  And Leia's intervention, albeit through Threepio, sets the stage for her eventually forming the Resistance.

Regarding Mon Mothma though.  I love what Genevieve O'Reilly has done with the character - Mon Mothma has been developed infinitely more than during her brief monologue in ROTJ.  But there's something about her look in this series that irks me a little bit.  The costume / hair designers on ROGUE ONE made an effort to make her look much more like Caroline Blakiston, who played Mon in ROTJ.  But that seems to have been abandoned in AHSOKA.  It would have been good to see that kind of continuity continue into this series, and let her earlier appearance in ANDOR stand on its own as she appeared during that time.  But that's me nitpicking.

Seeing Ahsoka face off against Baylan again was great!  And in large part because her fighting style changed so dramatically between the two duels.  I thought it was really noteworthy how Ahsoka had only use the one lightsaber against Baylan in their first encounter.  But in this latest episode Ahsoka was much more herself, using the two lightsabers.  And she very wisely didn't overcommit during this fight.  She knew what she had to do, and she effectively took Baylan off the field so that she could get away to help Sabine and Ezra.

I am curious about what is to become of Baylan.  Thrawn took great notice of how Baylan was absent from the field as his Night Troopers and Shin took on Sabine, Ezra and the Noti.  And I suspect that Thrawn will take what he sees as appropriate action against Baylan.

As for the Night Troopers?  I know there had been some speculation that they might be like some kind of army of the dead.  But after seeing them get dispatched?  It seemed nothing like what happened to Marrok when he was struck down on Seatos.  I think their armor has just been mended and banded together in an effort to keep it serviceable.

The mystery remains about what is in those caskets that are being loaded on the Chimaera.  Dead Night Sisters?  Ysalamiri?  Or something more sinister?

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 2, 2023, 03:48 PM »
The mystery remains about what is in those caskets that are being loaded on the Chimaera.  Dead Night Sisters?  Ysalamiri?  Or something more sinister?

At first I thought it was Ysalamiri, but why would they need hundreds of crates of them when there are only a handful of Jedi?

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 2, 2023, 09:20 PM »

At first I thought it was Ysalamiri, but why would they need hundreds of crates of them when there are only a handful of Jedi?

The primary use of the ysalamiri in the books was to allow extremely fast Clone growth. Apparently the Force warped their minds if grown too fast. Battling Luke and C'Baoth was just a fringe benefit.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #104 on: October 2, 2023, 10:02 PM »
Which books?  In Heir to the Empire the ysalimiri evolved to negate the Force around them to hide from the vorksnyrs who used the Force to hunt.  Thrawn used them as protection against Joruus C'Baoth and Luke Skywalker.
This is the way.

I have spoken.