Author Topic: Recent Acquisitions  (Read 194170 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Recent Acquisitions
« Reply #330 on: September 19, 2019, 05:15 PM »
I just picked up the new Cloud City finally...

It's $60 off on Amazon - did you buy it there or is it another case of "Rob buys, then Jeff saves"?

The $60 off Cloud City has been tempting me but I'm hesitant to go beyond the $800 Falcon for LEGO... next thing you know I'd be all-in for ESB LEGO sets and then all downhill from there. #holdthedoor

I've seen that and am holding out hope it goes a little further down to around $250 before I bite.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 20, 2019, 12:15 AM »
I just picked up the new Cloud City finally...

It's $60 off on Amazon - did you buy it there or is it another case of "Rob buys, then Jeff saves"?

The $60 off Cloud City has been tempting me but I'm hesitant to go beyond the $800 Falcon for LEGO... next thing you know I'd be all-in for ESB LEGO sets and then all downhill from there. #holdthedoor

Nope, that痴 the price I bought it at.  I dumped another $80 worth of Amazon rewards in and it was $230 total after tax.

I managed to get my new Falcon for $400 before my buddy stopped working for LEGO, but the ISD is the next thing to tackle.  I知 not keeping duplicated of UCS sets, so I figure I can get a few hundred for the old Star Destroyer to cut into the cost.  I知 at least going to wait until a special lime May 4 next year...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 4, 2019, 11:42 AM »
I grabbed most of the 20th Anniversary sets off LEGO Shop for Triple Force Friday in order to get the special 20th Anniversary Endor micro build. They were price matching Amazon's prices, and then the same sets were a few dollars cheaper on Amazon, but oh well. I used some VIP points and wound up saving about $30 when it was all said and done. Just need to grab the Slave I, hopefully on sale, and I'll be done with the 20th line. Going to hold off on the new Rise of Skywalker sets until they hit the regular Walmart/Amazon discounts too.

Might I add that LEGO's new website design and VIP points layout is all HORRENDOUS. Really solidifies my decision to never buy direct from LEGO anymore unless I absolutely have to.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 13, 2019, 09:20 AM »
Picked up the Death Star Escape and 20th Anniversary Imperial Dropship yesterday from Walmart, as both are marked as "Retiring Soon" and have been sold out everywhere online since Black Friday. Debating if I want more of those dropships for troop building purposes...

Offline StBrianOfMinneapolis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Biggs was right!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 14, 2020, 02:35 PM »
How reliable is LEGO's history on Star Wars details? The ROS Y-wing set with Zorii contains a droid that looks like one of these two in this set, but the box lists a generic name.
https://jedibusiness.com/images/actionFigures/Disney/hires/Droid-Factory-4-Pack-Tros-1.jpg
The ROS visual guide lists these both as counterpart droids in the resistance, which doesn't fit with a droid Zorii had on Kijimi.

Maybe LEGO took a wild stab. Maybe the visual guide messed up. Maybe I'm nerding out too much. Either way... do LEGO sets have a good history of accuracy with star wars characters in their sets?
Macklunkey!

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 30, 2020, 06:26 PM »
Now my two latest acquisitions featured Poe Dameron.  They were the Resistance Y-Wing Fighter with Zorii Bliss and Poe Dameron's Rise of Skywalker X-Wing Fighter.  Now of course I needed to buy two extra Lego missile launchers for the X-Wing.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 27, 2020, 12:42 PM »
I got the three items in the Helmet Collection -  Boba Fett, Stormtrooper & TIE Pilot on Thursday last week, put them together over the weekend.

Went to Target on Sunday morning, and picked up the buildable D-0, fun build
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 1, 2020, 08:54 PM »
Grabbed the 20th Anniversary Slave I on LEGO's site to get the May 4th promo.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 1, 2020, 11:33 PM »
I ordered the 3 helmets, the UCS A-Wing, UCS Star Destroyer, and the 20th Anniversary Slave I.  I sold my old UCS Star Destroyer and a few other things to cover a bunch of it, but I知 done buying LEGO for awhile.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2020, 11:34 PM by Rob »

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 4, 2020, 12:44 PM »
Before coronavirus hit, I acquired the new Kylo Ren shuttle.  I didn't buy the other one but here this one looks awesome.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 4, 2020, 02:16 PM »
I got the Darth Vader castle back in April.  It took a couple of weeks, but I put this together with my kid during the peak of quarantine time.  It was a lot of fun working on that project together.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 2, 2020, 09:49 PM »
For my birthday then, well I'd gotten Lego Duel on Mustafar.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 26, 2021, 12:00 AM »
Picked up the UCS AT-AT.  Site went active 5 minutes before the top of the hour, so was able to snag it before it sold out.  Hope everyone else is able to get one!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 26, 2021, 12:18 PM »
I知 going to wait until after Christmas.  It痴 on the list, but I知 going to throw gift cards and holiday cash at it.

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 24, 2022, 07:49 PM »
Some of my acquisitions for 2022 are the Dark Trooper Attack Battle Pack with Luke Skywalker, the 2019 Millennium Falcon I found at Barnes & Noble, the Mandalorian's Naboo Starfighter, the Imperial Armored Marauder, The new Delta-7 (Episode 2 style) Jedi Starfighter that has Obi-Wan Kenobi R4-P17 and Taun We, the Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Vader set based on the third Episode of Obi-Wan Kenobi, the New Lego Clone AT-TE Walker with phase 2 Commander Cody, Boba Fett's Throne Room from The Book Of Boba Fett, and of course, the Inquisitor Transport Scythe with the Grand Inquisitor, the Fifth Brother, also with Reva the Third Sister and Obi-Wan (Ben) Kenobi.  (In my own opinion right now here the Lego Inquisitor Transport is awesome)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 07:52 PM by 77Skywalker »