Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 255416 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #600 on: October 31, 2019, 11:09 AM »
Could it be the TIE with collapsible wings? Saw some pretty cool concept art...

Moff Gideon's TIE Fighter?  It looked a little like the one flown by the Grand Inquisitor in the Rebels animated series.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 1, 2019, 03:18 PM »
Maybe it's the one in Galaxy's Edge?

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 1, 2019, 03:34 PM »
That ship is called a TIE Echelon, and it’s a First Order transport.  I’d love to see that on screen in TROS and in toy form.  I don’t know if it would necessarily play into The Mandalorian, which is where I think the rumored vehicle comes from.

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #603 on: November 1, 2019, 07:04 PM »
Yeah Jayson specified a Mandalorian vehicle...

Maybe it’s a repacked speederbike? 🤔
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #605 on: November 5, 2019, 04:36 AM »
I always envisioned the TFA transport as more of a Higgins Boat nod...  I noticed in Jayson’s rumors he pictured the old ITT that was made canon in Rebels...  if that’s the direction this is headed I’m excited.  That toy from Rebels suuuucked.  A TVC version of that would be damned cool to me.😬
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #606 on: November 5, 2019, 12:53 PM »
I noticed in Jayson’s rumors he pictured the old ITT that was made canon in Rebels...  if that’s the direction this is headed I’m excited.  That toy from Rebels suuuucked.

I never bought the Rebels Troop Transport.  Too many people I know posted bad reviews of cheap plastic and scale issues. 

Hope this one pans out because I'd love to see the Kenner Troop Transport updated with the love and attention the Rogue One Tank, Sail Barge, and Skiff got.  Will be interesting to see what the price will look like and whether the Kenner nostalgia will be strong enough for folks to handle the price if it's the $80 range like the Rogue One tank.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 5, 2019, 01:04 PM »
I would take a nice update but still disagree that the Rebels one is horrible. Sitting on the shelf with all your other Imperial stuff it's just fine.
« Last Edit: November 5, 2019, 01:06 PM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #608 on: November 7, 2019, 12:45 AM »
The Rebels one is incredibly small.  Very undersized to the show’s ship which was not huge by any means but definitely a bulkier item than they released.  It also had cheap features like basically being hollow underneath and only seating two people inside as a result, back to back.  The guns were pretty static despite being little ball turreted weapons too and as I recall the top cannon wasn’t very movable either?  Mine isn’t out right now but I recall at the time feeling the original vintage ship was a far better item in general. 

I can’t say I found the plastic too bad.  It was a sign of the times but it didn’t bother me much.  It’s size and the hollow bottom nature of it bugged me most.  They weren’t expensive of course, but at the same time they seemed overpriced for what they were (at the time, to me anyway) and so I was just let down by it.  I’ll be more than happy to buy an updated one if that comes to pass.  I am also excited at the prospect of a vintage toy going to canon in a toon and to “reality” in a live action TV show.  It’s nostalgia on steroids.

I’d not be shocked at balking at price btw.  Status quo of the TVC groups I’ve seen it seems.  Makes me laugh but I’d happily buy one for that if it’s tank levels of quality. 
« Last Edit: November 7, 2019, 12:47 AM by Jesse James »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 21, 2019, 01:21 PM »
Having seen chapter 7, "The Reckoning"?  That Imperial Transport looked AWESOME!!!!  The way it was realized for the show exceeded my expectations.  It looked much better than what had been shown in STAR WARS REBELS.  And the way they made the troop compartments along the side into doors from the main hold was  some excellent design work.

I've been wondering if Mark Boudreaux had a hand in designing the original vehicle for Kenner, and if perhaps this TVC version of the vehicle in The Mandalorian could be one of his final pieces before he retires.

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 27, 2019, 12:48 PM »
There was a Rebels Troop Transport?  How in the world did I miss this!?  That's one of my favorite vintage vehicles.   >:(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 29, 2019, 08:51 PM »
There was a Rebels Troop Transport?  How in the world did I miss this!?  That's one of my favorite vintage vehicles.   >:(

The outward design was an interesting update which was based on the animation look of the vehicle.  But the execution was Meh.

RS Image database - REBELS Imperial Troop Transport

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 19, 2020, 11:41 AM »
Completely agree about the rebels version of the ITT. The Tank proves that a high quality version can now be done.

BUT, just for good measure, would still love the very first prototype made in 1978/79. The one with the pointy front.
http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_item&item_id=49043
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 11:45 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #613 on: January 19, 2020, 11:37 PM »
Agreed!  Love that design too.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 26, 2020, 09:53 AM »
I have seen several people mention an ESB themed playset for the Vintage Collection this year, but so far no hints as far as what it could be. I am assuming they will follow the pattern set by the Jabba's Palace playset last year and give us a nice diorama backdrop ans some carded figures.

My gut keeps going back to the Echo Base computer terminals that were tooled up years ago and wondering if they will use those to do a Rebel Command Center playset. Just off the top off my head they could card Torryn Farr and K-3PO for new Vintage Collection figures without having to do any new work.

On the other hand I would love to see something Cloud City specific, and there are a few figures from that environment that could be put on vintage cards to help finish the "Collect all 92" update. I don't know if the Carbon Freezing Chamber would work well in the established format, but I'd like to see them try Vader's Dining Room.