Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 255390 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #735 on: February 1, 2022, 01:22 PM »
I think Hasbro can get a pretty spectacular N-1 on the market this year, but I think they have to shoot for a lower price point.  The ITT sold for around $60, and the most recent X-Wing was $105.  I think they can probably find a way to deliver this somewhere between $80 and $105 - especially because it's related to The Mandalorian.  If they get in the mindset of moving a main character vehicle in volume, then the lower price point might be a way to draw in more potential buyers.

I think I'd be ok with that price-point. 2007 me would have absolutely scoffed at the idea of a $100 starfighter, but the quality and detailing of the few TVC vehicles we have gotten has been fantastic.
"This is the way."

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #736 on: February 1, 2022, 05:59 PM »
Man, I completely missed that 2012 version, and I didn't even realize it was a completely different ship! I wish they'd rerelease that thing, but I'm sure that's unlikely.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #737 on: February 1, 2022, 11:31 PM »
I'm at a loss about where the line will go this year.  Toy Fair was canceled, so no doubt Hasbro will be holding some livestream events to reveal new product.  At some point it's become a little challenging to keep track of all of the "pipeline reveals".  Will the February livestream be reveals of just that, or would Hasbro have more planned?

I admit I'm not an expert on the 6" stuff, but here is where we stand on TVC stuff:

TVC Wave 41 (2022 Wave 3; New TVC Wave 24)

Pipeline Revealed, not officially shown yet (Though Jayson/Yakface may have had pics on instagram):
-- 2022 VC60 Clone Trooper (501st Legion)
-- 2022 VC218 Yoda {photo-real repaint}
Available for Pre-Order:
-- 2022 VC219 Mandalorian Death Watch Airborne Trooper
-- 2022 VC221 Fennec Shand
-- 2022 VC2xx Ahsoka Tano (Corvus)

TVC Wave 42 (2022 Wave 4; New TVC Wave 25)

Pipeline Revealed, not officially shown yet:
-- 2022 VC2xx ARC Trooper Jesse {repack}
-- 2022 VC2xx Clone Trooper (332nd Legion)
-- 2022 VC2xx Mandalorian Super Commando Captain
-- 2022 VC2xx Figrin D'an
-- 2022 VC2xx Din Djarin/The Mandalorian (Morak Tank Driver Disguise)
Not yet announced... but Jayson hinted it's TCW related:
-- 2022 VC2xx *new* TBA ("Olympia")

I'm hoping that at a minimum the Toy Fair "Fan Media Pulse Live-Stream Whatever" event will at least show off hard copies of these figures and finally reveal "Olympia" code name figure.  After that, a pipeline reveal for the next wave might be nice too...  well, actually it would be nice to know that there are actually more basic figures coming and not solely more over-priced $27 "deluxe" and $21 "world building" type sets.   ::)

On the lines of those "deluxe" things, I'm going to guess that TBOBF and Morak Fetts aren't the only ones we see... I can see Hasbro offering us more "premium" deco $22-28 figures for Tusken Robes Fett (Tython) w/gaffi, Re-Armored Fett (Tython) [just a Morak Fett with sarlacc armor repaint], and Cobb Vanth.  Maybe they'll get us for a "Deluxe" Mando with Darksaber and Spear too like some of you guessed.

Im cautiously optimistic about what Toy Fair might hold... we might see a lot of great stuff for TVC... but we might not like what all that great stuff is going to cost us if all the price hike rumors pan out. :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 2, 2022, 10:12 AM »
There's also the prequel repack wave, and the TCW "animated" releases.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 22, 2022, 09:41 PM »
Jayson is speculating that Shae Vizla could be making an encore on TVC. Pretty sweet if true seeing how much it's fetching now. (It's the most I ever paid for a solitary SW fig on the secondary market.)

I'm torn on this. I do want people to get their hands on the figure as-is at a reasonable price, but I also want the head replaced.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 23, 2022, 09:33 AM »
Jayson is speculating that Shae Vizla could be making an encore on TVC. Pretty sweet if true seeing how much it's fetching now. (It's the most I ever paid for a solitary SW fig on the secondary market.)

I'm torn on this. I do want people to get their hands on the figure as-is at a reasonable price, but I also want the head replaced.

I've never played the game (though I played KOTOR and KOTOR2 a ton), but I really like the look of that character. The figure doesn't seem as good though. It would be nice to see her upgraded, especially since she'd be fairly disappointing next to the newest Mandalorian-style figures, like Bo Katan.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 23, 2022, 12:31 PM »
It seems like all Hasbro has to do to plan the Vintage Collection reissues is to search on eBay and price things from highest to lowest. 

I thought that Shae Viszla was a cool figure in its time.  I couldn’t foresee how people would go crazy for it on the secondary market years later.  I think there’s actually a cool tie-in for her character with current entertainment.  Because it seems that she may have stolen the Dark Saber from the Jedi Temple on Coruscant during the raid that was depicted in the “Deceived” trailer for ‘The Old Republic’. 

Based on some recent comments during a Q&A session it seems like Hasbro is trying to support some storylines in current entertainment, despite the complete lack of major coordinated product launches when new shows debut.  I’m wondering if Shae Viszla is one of those bread crumbs?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #742 on: February 24, 2022, 11:20 AM »
New Jayson/Yakface rumor:
https://yakfaceforums.com/main/2022/02/24/tvc-rumor-report-specialty-reissue-wave-2/

"We’ve received word of possible figures coming for the second Specialty/Reissue wave for 2022. The wave is said to consist of VC01 Dengar, VC106 Nien Nunb, VC55 Logray and VC111 Leia (Bespin Gown). Look for this specialty/reissue wave later this year."

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 24, 2022, 11:44 AM »
New Jayson/Yakface rumor:
https://yakfaceforums.com/main/2022/02/24/tvc-rumor-report-specialty-reissue-wave-2/

"We’ve received word of possible figures coming for the second Specialty/Reissue wave for 2022. The wave is said to consist of VC01 Dengar, VC106 Nien Nunb, VC55 Logray and VC111 Leia (Bespin Gown). Look for this specialty/reissue wave later this year."

Huh?  Do people want these figures reissued?  This seems totally random.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 24, 2022, 11:48 AM »
I think there is some level of demand for pretty much any TVC figure that has come out (Except Lando).  I don't mind the reissues, but I do think the choices are strange.  Just seems very random versus figures that would fit together in a movie or a theme or even numerically lose to each other.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 24, 2022, 11:54 AM »
Just give us Revan, already!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #746 on: February 24, 2022, 01:35 PM »
I don't mind the reissues, but I do think the choices are strange.

They started out saying they wanted to do figures that were rare for overseas market... but then it kind of pivoted into reselling us main characters with photoreal updates. 

Agree that this latest batch just seems so random.  Now watch them announce TVC Bespin Dinner playset for Leia or a TVC Ewok Village or something to make the Teebo/Logray re-issues make sense.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #747 on: February 24, 2022, 01:39 PM »
The only one I want/need from this wave is the Bespin Leia.  I never got that figure and I've always liked that Leia.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 24, 2022, 01:43 PM »
Just give us Revan, already!

He'll come at some point in the Gaming Greats line just so you have to pay a couple bucks for the EU tax.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 24, 2022, 04:42 PM »
I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but I wish these guys would occasionally throw in a new character from the OT.