Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 255256 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #765 on: March 16, 2022, 12:59 PM »
Here are the sites that appear to be participating.

For transparency, your good pals at JediDefender were not asked to take part and have no reveal coming today.  Our old school forums are not cool enough and apparently our 4k+ twitter follower count is not high enough I guess. #lame

JD has more twitter followers than Bantha Skull. Lame.

(nothing against them, just stating the fact, and calling out Hasbro.)
"This is the way."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 16, 2022, 06:40 PM »
Well, at least JTA was excluded too.  :D
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 16, 2022, 11:14 PM »
Here are the sites that appear to be participating.

For transparency, your good pals at JediDefender were not asked to take part and have no reveal coming today.  Our old school forums are not cool enough and apparently our 4k+ twitter follower count is not high enough I guess. #lame

4k+? Cool. It's so weird, I follow JD, but JD almost never comes up in my feed.  :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 17, 2022, 08:13 AM »
Well, at least JTA was excluded too.  :D

That’s a case of addition by subtraction.  They just became the worst trolls imaginable.

Excluding JD sucks.  But I also see that some social media outlets were also excluded.  This isn’t a complete paradigm shift that we’ve seen.  I was actually surprised to see Rebelscum included since the new ownership hasn’t made news one of their top content priorities.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 5, 2022, 08:11 AM »
Galactic Figures (formerly Jedi Business) announced that they're going to have a Vintage Collection figure reveal at 5 PM et today.  This is in advance of tomorrow's Hasbro Star Wars livestream.

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #770 on: April 6, 2022, 11:34 AM »
TVC Pipeline reveals -

- Klatooinian Raider (The Mandalorian)
- Artillery Stormtrooper (The Mandalorian)
- Luke Skywalker (The Mandalorian)
- Dark Trooper (The Mandalorian)

(sticking these in here until can figure out which wave they are coming in... sounds like the Dark Trooper will be some kind of deluxe release)
« Last Edit: April 6, 2022, 11:46 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #771 on: April 6, 2022, 11:42 AM »
I was pretty excited with that group. Definitely down for the Klatoonian Raider, I always like a good alien figure. The artillery stormtrooper was cool in Mando, but is a pretty specialized role, so I may only pick up 2-3. Luke is kinda meh, he wasn't drastically different from his ROTJ appearance, but if it gets us a good soft goods cape and a better head sculpt I'm down.

The Dark Trooper though... man I'm excited for that one. Hopefully it isn't a $24.99 deluxe version, that would definitely limit how many I pick up. If it is at the regular price point I'd want at least 10.

"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 6, 2022, 12:37 PM »
Dammit.  That Dark Trooper is going to be $22 and everyone's going to want 20 of them. 

It'll be a total **** show.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 6, 2022, 12:42 PM »
The pipeline reveals were interesting.  The Klatooinian raider is almost certainly going to be a kitbash, probably based in large part on the AT-ST Raider pack-in figure.  But it looks like they’re going to base this one on the leader, so maybe it’s going to have a unique head sculpt. 

Artillery Stormtrooper?  And Luke from Mando season 2?  These are low hanging fruit that can be made from a lot of existing tooling. 

The bit that Jing mentioned about the Dark Trooper was interesting.  She very deliberately mentioned future world building.  I think we can take that as a possible deluxe figure - maybe with the charging station or the Jedi seeing stone, or perhaps in a light cruiser hallway playset. 

I also took note that Jing mentioned a yet to be revealed multipack with the cantina band member(s), and that the carded Figrin D’an would be the only carded release. 

Definitely some interesting breadcrumbs that got laid out. 

Feedback

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 6, 2022, 12:51 PM »
The pipeline reveals were interesting.

I was underwhelmed again but at least at this point my expectations are low. 

It's a whole lot of repaints and slight tweaks again to maximize profits while providing very little that's new for collectors.  A repainted Lando... more re-uses of the Deathwatch Mando sculpt... more photo-real releases... more troops that we already have, and another retro mold cast in multiple colors and sold six ways.  The Bith was the only new item in the lot.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #775 on: April 6, 2022, 01:01 PM »
I'm excited for all the pipeline reveals except the Luke.  I've already made one by taking the cloak off the last TVC release and putting it on a throne room Luke.  :)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 6, 2022, 01:04 PM »
The Clone Wars Mandalorians appear to have some new parts.  They’re not straight up repaints of the DW Mando from the flashback.  But the two new ones definitely share some parts. 

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 6, 2022, 02:32 PM »
I also took note that Jing mentioned a yet to be revealed multipack with the cantina band member(s), and that the carded Figrin D’an would be the only carded release. 

I'm thinking the troop builder pack. The carded release and its three instruments gets us 3 musicians and the boxed set completes the band. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 6, 2022, 02:36 PM »
I'm excited for all the pipeline reveals except the Luke.  I've already made one by taking the cloak off the last TVC release and putting it on a throne room Luke.  :)

What’s this Luke?  I must have missed that one.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 6, 2022, 02:56 PM »
It’s Luke from the final episode of season 2 of The Mandalorian.  It was one of the pipeline reveals. 

Feedback