Author Topic: Vintage Collection Rumors  (Read 255293 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Vintage Collection Rumors
« Reply #780 on: April 6, 2022, 03:20 PM »
The bit that Jing mentioned about the Dark Trooper was interesting.  She very deliberately mentioned future world building.  I think we can take that as a possible deluxe figure - maybe with the charging station or the Jedi seeing stone, or perhaps in a light cruiser hallway playset. 

That's definitely my hope as well. Especially with the Luke coming out, a light cruiser hallway playset makes a lot of sense.
"This is the way."

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 6, 2022, 03:30 PM »
It’s Luke from the final episode of season 2 of The Mandalorian.  It was one of the pipeline reveals.

Ah okay.  I bought an extra ROTJ Luke as a stand in.  No doubt this will be a re-do of that.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 6, 2022, 04:05 PM »
The VC175 Luke is pretty good. But there are definitely some differences between Luke from Jaba’s palace and the way he looks on the Imperial light cruiser.  Will Hasbro be able to capture some of those nuances?  That remains to be seen. 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 7, 2022, 10:14 AM »
She very deliberately mentioned future world building.

Have they used that wording in the past to describe playsets & accessories?  I took it to just mean different sets/scenes/locations based on the various figures.  But if there's something more behind it maybe that means we're getting ship corridors or even a Death Star playset in the near future.   :-X
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 7, 2022, 10:34 AM »
I didn't realize that was code for anything, but I don't watch these things too carefully.  I just thought that was one of their hyperbolic catchphrases like "iconic" and "world building" that they threw around to make it seem like what they were doing was something more amazing than it was.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #785 on: April 7, 2022, 10:38 AM »

Have they used that wording in the past to describe playsets & accessories? 

"World Building" is the new term for "deluxe" for TVC.  They used the "world building sets" term when talking about the stuff in the new boxes - TBOBF Fett, E-Web Stormtrooper, Ahsoka/Grogu, Grogu/Incinerator Trooper, etc.

Basically, her saying "world building" means expect to pay $20-25 for that Dark Trooper. :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 7, 2022, 01:26 PM »
I'm hoping that it's more than just this new angle to charge more, saying that all of the deco ops require increased pricing.

My personal hope for this?  Offer the Dark Trooper with the charging station as seen on the Imperial Light Cruiser.

Feedback

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 7, 2022, 10:01 PM »
I'm hoping that it's more than just this new angle to charge more, saying that all of the deco ops require increased pricing.

Hasbro mentioned that Tropical Shirt Lando was possible because of the Real Deco technology. I wonder if the process cuts down on manually applying paint? And can that reduction in labor bring down the overall cost of a deco-heavy figure to the point we don't see the premium pricing?

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 7, 2022, 11:38 PM »

"World Building" is the new term for "deluxe" for TVC.  They used the "world building sets" term when talking about the stuff in the new boxes - TBOBF Fett, E-Web Stormtrooper, Ahsoka/Grogu, Grogu/Incinerator Trooper, etc.

Basically, her saying "world building" means expect to pay $20-25 for that Dark Trooper. :(

Ahsoka with Grogu, a cloth cape, and an owl is world building!?

Lol.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #789 on: April 7, 2022, 11:53 PM »

Yep!  So are two stormtrooper helmets... it's all about expanding your figures' world, Rob!    ::)

"World Building" is something the old PR team kept trying to steer us to say instead of "deluxe".  Here is an example PR blurb:

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH BOBA FETT (TATOOINE) WORLD-BUILDING SET
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $26.49/Available: Summer 2022)
Includes figure and 9 accessories (helmet, 2x Stormtrooper helmet, pistol, rifle, jetpack, rocket, 2x flames).  Available at most major retailers.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 8, 2022, 10:29 AM »

Lol.

You forgot the lantern, LOL!!!!

I agree that a lot of this seems like an elaborate excuse to charge more money.  But I don't know if the term came from Hasbro first, or from within the collecting community.  I'm leaning towards some of the hardcore TVC crowd for that term.  And it seems to have stuck with some of the Hasbro team.

I know that it's 10 years ago, and we've had a pandemic and inflation - but the old deluxe sets offered significantly more value at the time for $10 less.  Very often it was 2 figures with a large accessory for around $14.  I loved those releases!  The Ewoks with the catapult, the Scanning crew sets, and the AT-ST crew were all great.  Now you might get one of those figures and a large accessory for around $21 - $26.

Feedback

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 8, 2022, 12:07 PM »
Yep!  So are two stormtrooper helmets... it's all about expanding your figures' world, Rob!    ::)

"World Building" is something the old PR team kept trying to steer us to say instead of "deluxe".  Here is an example PR blurb:

STAR WARS: THE VINTAGE COLLECTION 3.75-INCH BOBA FETT (TATOOINE) WORLD-BUILDING SET
(HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $26.49/Available: Summer 2022)
Includes figure and 9 accessories (helmet, 2x Stormtrooper helmet, pistol, rifle, jetpack, rocket, 2x flames).  Available at most major retailers.

Puke.

I'm old enough to remember when we got stuff like that with nearly the same articulation for like $7.  I know those days are long gone and all, but it feels like we went from $6 to $26.49 really quickly. 

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #792 on: April 8, 2022, 12:28 PM »
But Rob...this is Iconic World building!

Iconic.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 8, 2022, 12:43 PM »
But Rob...this is Iconic World building!

Iconic.

And paint!  Can’t forget the paint.

Feedback

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #794 on: April 8, 2022, 12:51 PM »
Iconic paint apps.
This is the way.

I have spoken.