Author Topic: Series 7  (Read 71843 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Kubrick Addicts Anonymous
« Reply #300 on: December 8, 2006, 09:54 AM »
Finally!   ;D

The box was waaaaay mangled and covered in bright green "INSPECTED BY US CUSTOMS AND BORDER PATROL" tape.   Customs opened the main shipping box, TWO of the Master Cases inside, AND one of the Boxes of 12 inside one of the Master Cases.  ::)

First time that has ever happened to me, I guess 7 Master Cases from Japan is enough to set them off.   :P

Anyway, since two of the Master Cases were opened by Customs, I decided to take one of those as mine (the other will be broken up to be split among 3 guys):

At least Customs didn't steal my rare chase figure!   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #301 on: December 8, 2006, 10:14 AM »
Nice! I bet he smells good too.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #302 on: December 8, 2006, 10:52 AM »
Box 1
Box 2
Box 3
Box 4

Forgot to mention that using Simon's layout, my Yakface was in box #1. 

That was the only box I opened because I had to go to work...   >:(

Can't wait to rip into the rest of them tonight!   :) 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 8, 2006, 11:05 AM »
http://tinyurl.com/ygo5td

Dang, I'd have grabbed it at that price.  Oh well, I guess I can buy it off Honorius for $160 next month. :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 8, 2006, 03:41 PM »
Finally!   ;D

The box was waaaaay mangled and covered in bright green "INSPECTED BY US CUSTOMS AND BORDER PATROL" tape.   Customs opened the main shipping box, TWO of the Master Cases inside, AND one of the Boxes of 12 inside one of the Master Cases.  ::)

First time that has ever happened to me, I guess 7 Master Cases from Japan is enough to set them off.   :P

Anyway, since two of the Master Cases were opened by Customs, I decided to take one of those as mine (the other will be broken up to be split among 3 guys):

At least Customs didn't steal my rare chase figure!   ;)

Jeesh! Can`t believe they opened them like that! Hell, Founder over at KW got 68 boxes and they breezed right through! Must have been bored in Chicago last week..

Only the 2nd Yak I have seen from Robby cases, nice score!
Adam

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 8, 2006, 03:42 PM »
http://tinyurl.com/ygo5td

Dang, I'd have grabbed it at that price.  Oh well, I guess I can buy it off Honorius for $160 next month. :P

Maybe he`ll lay off the bidding now if it was for his personal collection, heh.
Adam

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 8, 2006, 03:59 PM »

Only the 2nd Yak I have seen from Robby cases, nice score!

Nope, 3rd at least.  Mine was a Yak as well.  But nobody was around here so I just kept posting in sequence like a nutbar. 

I'm wishing it had been Anakin instead though.  No matter, all things in time....

BTW Jeff, all these odd occurrences must mean that Canada is about to take over Minnesota at any time now.  High taxes, customs officers opening your stuff, winning the hockey pool.  Jeez, you guys get publicly funded health care and I'd start looking at the color of your money real closely :P

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 8, 2006, 04:23 PM »
I`ll keep watching for an Anakin for ya.
It is good to see that we didn`t all get the same chase from the Robby cases. Then we aren`t all going after the same one too, heh.
I`m good with SW kubs till that box set comes out next year, can`t wait!
Might try for a Jorge in the meantime though...
Adam

Offline bikeridetony

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Star Wars Carded Kubrick Website!!!
« Reply #308 on: December 8, 2006, 04:25 PM »
I got 2 yak faces from Robby but one of the people I sold a MC too got an Anakin. 
Tony the Carded Kubrick Guy

http://www.ActionCardbacks.com

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 8, 2006, 04:33 PM »
I got 2 yak faces from Robby but one of the people I sold a MC too got an Anakin. 
Cool.
my cases: 3 Anakin 1 Yak (1 unknown)
Buggo & Jeff Yak
Tony Yak X2 and 1 Anakin
5 to 4, pretty even from the we know about.
Adam

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 8, 2006, 04:43 PM »

Perfect time for it, if only because I just bought one.  BIN's are ranging between $209 (I think there's one on for that now) and $225.  An auction ended in the last day or two for $191 or so. 

As for Anakin, I'm going away for a couple of weeks, so I'm not worrying about him.  I'm hoping my guess for a price drop will come to fruition.  I like that they're mixing the uber-chase up a bit now too and Robby had both, makes it more exciting than just expecting whatever other people pull first.  I'm hoping that one that Honorius BIN'd becomes more the norm, if not a little high.  Be great to get one for around $100.  Not holding my breath though. 

My box set is ordered and wrapped up and I, via my buddy in Japan, am in the lottery for the BHS.  If he scores that, it's only Anakin and a 400% Fett that I need to be as complete as I want to be.  I probably should ultimately get a Logray, but too many scams out there for me to ever be confident of a real one.  I think there's a seller on ebay with two of them right now and a whopping 27 feedback rating.  Call me paranoid, but I ain't buying one of those. 

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 8, 2006, 04:56 PM »

Perfect time for it, if only because I just bought one.  BIN's are ranging between $209 (I think there's one on for that now) and $225.  An auction ended in the last day or two for $191 or so. 

As for Anakin, I'm going away for a couple of weeks, so I'm not worrying about him.  I'm hoping my guess for a price drop will come to fruition.  I like that they're mixing the uber-chase up a bit now too and Robby had both, makes it more exciting than just expecting whatever other people pull first.  I'm hoping that one that Honorius BIN'd becomes more the norm, if not a little high.  Be great to get one for around $100.  Not holding my breath though. 

My box set is ordered and wrapped up and I, via my buddy in Japan, am in the lottery for the BHS.  If he scores that, it's only Anakin and a 400% Fett that I need to be as complete as I want to be.  I probably should ultimately get a Logray, but too many scams out there for me to ever be confident of a real one.  I think there's a seller on ebay with two of them right now and a whopping 27 feedback rating.  Call me paranoid, but I ain't buying one of those. 

Saw you Sacul win, nice!
Yeah, Logray is touchy. If I hadn`t gotten mine when/where I did, I probably would not get one now.

Is it me, or did the boards just go all wonky?
White, light blue and blue?
Adam

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 8, 2006, 06:32 PM »
PM sent, Jeff!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 8, 2006, 07:09 PM »
Finally!   ;D

Man if that ever happened to me, there would be hell to pay! Bastards!  >:(

Nice Yak Jeff.  :)

I'm still on a waiting pattern for my MC.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #314 on: December 9, 2006, 02:39 PM »
Well, two more of my seven Master Cases have been opened up...

One of the "split" cases (Me/Paul/Dan/Brian) offered up an Old Guy Anakin (to Brian) and Scott's Master Case had... well, he can tell you himself later when he gets back home.   ;)