Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 476213 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Tuesday 8.30.05
« Reply #780 on: August 30, 2005, 09:54 PM »
MUCH Better. :) I did like the hsoulder armor on the first one (just not the color) but I think this looks better without it. I like the coloering, it reminds me of that speckeld commander you did. I think it'd be cool if you colorized some of the little switches and lights on the chest box.
"This is the way."

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #781 on: August 30, 2005, 10:31 PM »
WOW!  CHEWIE you have done it again!

The Emperor Palps and Anakin scenes are looking really good!  The only problem that I have with the Anakin and Palpatine pic is that the lighting on Palpatine's face is a bit harsh and his face seems to be a bit washed out.  I love that background though!

That MAC is sweet as hell!  Excellent job!  Maybe you could add some color to his chest piece (like some buttons or something, ala TIE Pilot), but even without that, he is an amazing clone!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 30, 2005, 11:12 PM »
Oh! Oh! Do them silver! Do them silver!

Try as I might, I cant duplicate CHEWIE's style of drybrushing. I even have a CHEWIE origional at my disposal to stare at, and I can't get it. Damn you Justin for being so good!

I love that guy!

What parts did you use?

Also, maybe you could make a Jedi Mobil Artiliary Commander, and we could have a JediMAC.  :D Lame, I know.

Kevin
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 12:20 AM by Dressel Jr. »
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 31, 2005, 12:26 AM »
On the Mobile Artillery Clone, I can't believe how bad the first version looked... man it looked terrible.

So, after some advice from you guys, I made a few adjustments and then repainted him.  Here's the parts used -

Head - #41 SA Clone w/ AT-TE Gunner head gear
Body - SAGA TIE Pilot
Arms - SAGA TIE Pilot
Legs - SAGA Ozzel
Chest plate - ROTS Clone Pilot

Pieced them all together, then repainted.  First painted it all black a few times, then sealed with dry matte spray, then did the dry brushing and re-detailed the eye holes.

Thanks for the suggestions on him, I think maybe I'll add a couple of colors to the chest plate.  And for the heck of it, I'll probably need to make a second one.

And thanks guys for the comments on the photonovel previews.  I'm working harder than ever on the next photonovel.   That one pic was really bugging me about Palpatine's face being too bright, so I tried to fix it -

:P

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 31, 2005, 12:28 AM »
I like the trooper a lot better painted that way. Those legs look surprisingly right for the figure. Great job. :)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 31, 2005, 12:29 AM »
Nice. He looks concerned in that picture. :)

I may have to cook one of these clones up for myself, my own "Stealth" trooper, of sorts.

Kevin

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 31, 2005, 02:34 AM »
Nice. He looks concerned in that picture. :)

I may have to cook one of these clones up for myself, my own "Stealth" trooper, of sorts.

Kevin

I've mde a special ops trooper in homage to CHEWIE's Rykof Enloe. I'll post it once I finish the fine tunings of it.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 31, 2005, 10:14 AM »
Perennial, I can't wait to see what you come up with.

I completed two more pics for the next photonovel last evening, but I probably won't show any more previews... but within the next week or so the next story should be complete.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 31, 2005, 11:18 PM »
Ok, nobody shoot me for this, but I decided to do a couple of Jedi Temple Assault Clone Repaints!!!

Repainting Clones really isn't my thing... but today, I went to Kmart in search of the Jedi Temple 5-pk with the three Clones in it, and bought two of them.  After getting home, I looked at them some more, and my wife said, "Why did you buy those?  You have a ton of white ones, just repaint some of yours!"

So, I thought it over, called a local collecting buddy, and offered to let him buy the two Jedi Temple 5-pks from me.  He jumped at the opportunity, and then I decided to get to work and make my own.

I know they're not perfect, but I think they turned out ok.  I believe there are supposed to be some sort of blue stripes on their legs though.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Thursday 9.01.05
« Reply #789 on: August 31, 2005, 11:24 PM »
Those look mighty good to me!  Definitely better than the hasbro version (although I have yet to find that set) - your wife is smart!
As for the stripes, they are two parallel vertical stripes going all of the way down the leg.  I kinda like them, but I know a lot of people don't want to be bothered and I don't think it takes much away from the figure. 
They look really good standing in front of that background (is that Owen D.'s creation)? 

It seems like everybody and their mother are doing clone customs (myself most definitely included, although I can't speak for my mom  ;)), but I think they're a lot of fun - plus, since your version is much better than hasbro's, it will make your collection that much better  ;D

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 31, 2005, 11:26 PM »
They also have the bottom edge of their kneepad painted blue.

I dig, though. What next? Your own legion? ;)

Kevin

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 31, 2005, 11:26 PM »
Sweeeeeeeeeeet. ;D

Yeah, it needs stripes on the legs. Also, it may be the pic, but the white specs look like confetti or glitter, IMO. Nothing major, it just looks odd at first. Good job though!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 31, 2005, 11:29 PM »
What next? Your own legion? ;)

Kevin

Do it CHEWIE!  Maybe then my legion can battle your legion! :P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 31, 2005, 11:35 PM »
Gregorbian - Yep, that's Owen's background from the fort he made for me.  It's great for a background for showing customs. 

Dressel - Actually, the bottom of the knee caps do have the blue line, it's just hard to see in the pic.  If you look very closely at the right knee of the Clone on the left, you can see the blue trimming.  I might make a couple more, but I'd like to wait and see what Hasbro comes up with with their upcoming version.  I've seen pics of it, but I'd like to see in person first.

Diddly - Hmmm... the white specks are just his armor underneath the blue paint, I just scraped it off in certain areas.  Maybe I should have painted instead.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 1, 2005, 04:10 AM »
And you said you couldn't paint straight lines, Chewie.  ;)

The 501st clones look great; I think scraping the paint is always better than painting white over it. That almost never comes out right. And as for the lines on the legs, I don't think it's that big of a deal. The pinstriping looks kind of dumb in my opinion anyway.

The only thing I'd change is I'd paint the neck ball joint black. The 41's show a little too much of the neck post, and the white looks odd.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!