Author Topic: Clone Wars AT-TE  (Read 107522 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: AT-TE to be released next fall in 2008!
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2007, 09:02 AM »
It doesn't make sense for the AT-TE to be an exclusive, right?  I'd figure Hasbro would want to sell as many as they could and anywhere they could.

It's probably going to be a mass retail offering.  The tooling on something new and this large has got to be so costly that they'll want as many outlets offering the AT-TE as possible.

But looking forward to the actual piece, I'm wondering if this AT-TE is going to have any troop carrying capacity.  The vehicle was designed as a troop carrier, and also has internal stations for some gunners.  I'm curious what we'll actually get.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2007, 09:13 AM »
This is definitely good news, if it turns out to be true.  I think a lot of us thought we'd likely be seeing some version of the AT-TE alongside the Clone Wars line, but it sounds like it could be a decent sized vehicle.  I'd really like to get one, depending on what it looks like/costs, but if it is around $100 - its going to probably depend on how much else is out there at the time.  Like this year, I think the majority of the releases/purchases/exclusives are in the last 2-3 months of the year.  With Christmas shopping, it makes it a little more difficult.  Glad to hear it is likely on the way though, and it would be fun to see a larger vehicle at all retail outlets again - instead of the exclusive route.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2007, 09:13 AM »
I sincerely hope this works out for everyone. Not only is it great that this is coming, but I'll be relieved to stop hearing (in my best Fat Tony) "where is AT-TE? When am I going to get the AT-TE? Why isn't the AT-TE in my hands right now, an so on and so forth."
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2007, 10:31 AM »
I suppose this could be a mass retail offering, but I don't remember Walmart carrying too many big items... did they ever carry the POTF2 AT-AT?  Not to my knowledge, but they may have.  I do remember seeing the EPI Royal Starship at Walmart before, which was a surprise.

Anyways, I'd be more likely to think that this will be an exclusive, and to a place like TRU that seems to be more willing to carry the larger items.  Or maybe Target.  Or both?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2007, 11:06 AM »
This is probably one of the more credible reports I've seen on this vehicle.  If Derryl DePriest is saying this, it's got some merit.

If Derryl DePriest is saying this, you can consider it official.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 12:28 PM »
. . .I don't remember Walmart carrying too many big items... did they ever carry the POTF2 AT-AT?  Not to my knowledge, but they may have.

They did.  That's where I bought mine.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 01:54 PM »
The only ones I ever saw were at TRU and a smaller retailer called Service Merchandise, which eventually went out of business. 

I remember after the POTF2 AT-AT's sold out, about a year later the TRU stores in my area all got another shipment or two of them in and put them on clearance for just $20.00... why I only picked up one is beyond me.  Guess because I was in college and barely scraping by at the time.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 03:46 PM »
This is probably one of the more credible reports I've seen on this vehicle.  If Derryl DePriest is saying this, it's got some merit.

If Derryl DePriest is saying this, you can consider it official.

The only place where I question this is that the person making the report from Sandtroopers did not elaborate more.  No direct quotes, etc.  I know who the writer is somewhat, but I know him only as a forum user and not a news guy that's covered previous events.  He doesn't have a reporting track record that you can look back upon.

And this was thrown into a con report basically like an afterthought.  A credible news report from Star Wars Fan Days would have generated a report specific to Hasbro.  And news like this?  It's cause for it's own article.

In the past Derryl DePriest has said that if the AT-TE plays a prominent role in this or that, we may see it in the line.  He made comments to that effect at Celebration 4 when the Clone Wars trailer was shown, and the AT-TE was prominently featured.

What I would like to see about this topic from a news standpoint?  Independent confirmation.  I would accept that in the form of a question being asked and answered in the Hasbro Q&A process.  At least in that case we're getting a direct quote since it's Derryl that responds to the questions.

And just a tangentially related question here:  where were the Texas based JD guys on this show?  It was reported a while ago that Hasbro would be at this show.  I would think that's cause enough to send someone to cover the event if you've got personnel in the area.  And while RS was there and provided some images from Hasbro, where's the reporting?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 04:18 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 04:29 PM »
What I would like to see about this topic from a news standpoint?  Independent confirmation.  I would accept that in the form of a question being asked and answered in the Hasbro Q&A process.  At least in that case we're getting a direct quote since it's Derryl that responds to the questions.

Hasbro Q & A sessions.  November 9th.  Internet.  Be there.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 04:36 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 04:51 PM »
And just a tangentially related question here:  where were the Texas based JD guys on this show?  It was reported a while ago that Hasbro would be at this show.  I would think that's cause enough to send someone to cover the event if you've got personnel in the area.  And while RS was there and provided some images from Hasbro, where's the reporting?

Didn't you hear?  The Texas-based JD contingent did go to the show.  Or, tried to, anyway.  Little did they know that Philip Wise himself had already given the 501st explicit instructions to, quote, "be on the look-out for anyone from JediDefender.com," and forcibly remove them from the premises, on sight.

And that's what they did.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 04:54 PM by Matt »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 05:23 PM »
I was there, but I did not know that Hasbro would have a presence there (they never have before) so I didn't see Darryl to bug him and I wasn't looking for him, and I didn't bring my camera to grab pictures of the toys.

I'll take it with me from here on out just in case it becomes a normal thing.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 05:47 PM »
Well forgive me for being a little pessimistic, but I must play devils advocate here for a moment.

First, since this was NOT in an official Q&A that I can tell, we can't really take the guy at Sandtrooper for his word, yet.

Also, wow what a HIGH price. Now that being said, this AT-TE BETTER be to scale, have room for clones in the cockpit, and middle sections at least and hopefully room for two gunners each in the fore and aft sections as well, plus the seat for the cannon on top. I highly doubt electronics will be included, but that would be a nice addition to the set.

I'm a little disappointed at the price as I really wanted at least 3 or these and since I'm cutting my SW budget in half for next year, this is seriously going to dip into it.

I'll get one for sure, but multiple purchases for this vehicle are doubtful.

I'm very curious where this will be sold at. My initial guess is TRU. They might be sitting on AT-ATs right now, but they'll make room for the AT-TE. However, I would rather have it be a Target exclusive. Since they are known to slash prices, it would be my hopes that after a month or so, this would go on sale, making it affordable for multiple purchases.

Now getting back to the good part of this. If this is indeed true, then I am happy it is being made and with that price it at least appears that scale will not be the issue. Hasbro has long promised us an AT-TE, so again if this turns out to be true, then at long last they will have made good on that promise.

Right now I'm tentative on my thoughts with this. I want to see proof not leads...

Again forgive me the skeptical viewpoints, but without an official proclamation by Hasbro, I can't yet be 100% satisfied that this is going to be made. (and to our liking)

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2007, 06:40 PM »
I dont buy the vechiles, but it great to see so many of you get excited about the AT-TE.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2007, 07:44 PM »

Hasbro Q & A sessions.  November 9th.  Internet.  Be there.

So how many sites do you think are going to be asking that question?  I'll lay odds on at least 5 or 6.

Feedback

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2007, 10:27 PM »
So how many sites do you think are going to be asking that question?  I'll lay odds on at least 5 or 6.

I'll play it conservative this time and say two.