Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Cardback Revealed  (Read 8932 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Star Wars Rebels - Cardback Revealed
« on: October 9, 2013, 11:31 PM »
2014 Star Wars Rebels line look revealed at Hasbro's NYCC2013 Party -

« Last Edit: October 9, 2013, 11:36 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Cardback Revealed
« Reply #1 on: October 9, 2013, 11:40 PM »
I love Stormtroopers.  I love Star Wars.  I love lava reflection as an iconic sort of image of Star Wars overall...  I love this card.  It's got a lot of familiar but it's different at the same time. 

I may not be buying these depending on how well they're done (or not), but I think the card's pretty appealing at least. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: October 9, 2013, 11:47 PM »
Press release says these will have "multiple points of articulation"... but I suppose 'multiple' could just mean five, so I'll be waiting for Toy Fair to see if we get a look at them before I decide whether to buy or not.

Here's the full press release:

In anticipation of Lucasfilm's Star Wars Rebels panel at New York Comic Con (Saturday, October 12, 2013, from 2:45 p.m. - 3:45 p.m. in room 1E of the Javits Convention Center) Hasbro is officially unveiling the packaging treatment for its Star Wars Rebels 3.75-inch action figure line supporting the upcoming animated series.

Star Wars Rebels continues the epic tradition of the legendary Star Wars saga with all-new exciting, action-packed adventures. It is a dark time in the galaxy, as the evil Galactic Empire tightens its grip of power from world to world. As the series begins, Imperial forces have occupied a remote planet, ruling with an iron fist and ruining the lives of its people. But there are a select few who are brave enough to stand up against the endless Stormtroopers and TIE fighters of the Empire: the clever and motley crew of the starship Ghost. Together, this ragtag group will face threatening new villains, have thrilling adventures, and become heroes.

Hasbro's Star Wars Rebels line, featuring highly detailed 3.75-inch action figures with multiple points of articulation, will hit store shelves in 2014.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: October 9, 2013, 11:51 PM »
I find it so sad that the MH line has fewer points of articulation than a Lego mini-figure...  hell, those HALO mini-figs look like SA by comparison to them too. :P

That said, if it's realistic, they have my attention at the very least.  Given its status as a kids line though, I'm sure, then I figure it'll be 5 POA stuff...  Still though, realistic will at least have my attention and I'm sure I'll nab some stuff to custom up.

Curious how they go forward with vehicles now...  Same approach as current, or go back to larger and go with a price increase?  I'm assuming they went where they did because they'd hit a saturation point on price hikes, but downsizing hasn't worked either it seems.  That said, they've only put out things everyone already has...  so a miniature "ghost" may do well, or a mini OT era ship or three?  I dunno.

I'm very curious what's to come.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #4 on: October 9, 2013, 11:57 PM »
They're 5 POA  :-\
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 12:25 AM »
Eh, I figured...  Kid's line and all.  I can't say I'm disappointed when it was what I was assuming.  If they're realistic, I'll still buy for customizing, but otherwise yeah these won't be my cup of tea likely...  At this point I almost hope they're animated, haha.

Though the thought of making them better is kinda cool, I guess...  All this time I've had a lot more customizing thoughts.  More than I've had in many years.  The lull had one bit of fun to it.

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 09:04 AM »

Source? Is this coming straight from Hasbro? Have not seen confirmation elsewhere yet, but good scoop if true.

I like the cardback too. Its screams "Animated" to me though, so I will continue to hope against hope we get stuff that will mesh with the Clone Wars aesthetic. Highly detailed does not necessarily imply realistic. (Although I won't be the least bit surprised if that is the way they go)

I wonder if they will release any ships or vehicles from this show too, or if the offerings will be confined to figures.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 09:44 AM »

Source? Is this coming straight from Hasbro? Have not seen confirmation elsewhere yet, but good scoop if true.

I like the cardback too. Its screams "Animated" to me though, so I will continue to hope against hope we get stuff that will mesh with the Clone Wars aesthetic. Highly detailed does not necessarily imply realistic. (Although I won't be the least bit surprised if that is the way they go)

I wonder if they will release any ships or vehicles from this show too, or if the offerings will be confined to figures.

Yes from Hasbro, JTA got it straight from their rep.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 10:03 AM »
Not surprising.  Unless they do a companion line like with the Avengers, but IIRC the new Avengers line is replacing the Marvel 4" line, so it's the Marvel small scale collector series.

Vehicles, I'd bet on a Small Winged TIE Fighter...though at current price points, how friggin' smaller could they make it?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 04:04 PM »
Action fleet with a figure sized seat on the top.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 11:49 AM »
Rebels figures will be styled based on the animation (i.e. not realistic).

Sadly, Star Wars: Rebels will be five points of articulation and the good news is the look of the characters will mirror how they appear in the show.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 12:54 PM »
That much less to care about. :)

Realistic CW have done well enough I'm guessing some collector rebels figs may get done too.  If the show takes off.  TCW was on the downslope and was on a more popular channel. :/

Online McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 10:13 PM »
Rebels figures will be styled based on the animation (i.e. not realistic).

Sadly, Star Wars: Rebels will be five points of articulation and the good news is the look of the characters will mirror how they appear in the show.

;D ;D ;D

I hate losing the articulation, but it's a worthy trade-off IMO. Psyched to have a new line to jump into now! (Eventually...)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy