Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 557952 times)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #2520 on: March 23, 2020, 09:10 AM »
I really didn't care for that at all.  It didn't advance the plot at all and wasn't that interesting. 

Also, episodes filmed like that bug me.  All the hallucinations / flashbacks with Negan, etc. were filmed in a way that Michonne's face was never pictured in the same scene as any of the characters in the scene.  They just used body doubles and filmed over the different people's shoulders. 

Was there some kind of falling out between the show runners and Danai Gurira where she didn't want to be in any of the episodes this year or had unrealistic demands?   

They should have just done what they did with Maggie and had her disappear from the show and say that Michonne left to find Rick, then they could have potentially used the hour episode for something more interesting.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2521 on: March 23, 2020, 06:23 PM »
Danai Gurira was leaving the show due to she's really busy with other projects and couldn't balance the demands f filming this show with all her other commitments.  Similar issue with Daniel on Fear.

We'll see Michonne in the upcoming movies.

Overall not a bad episode, but I'm looking forward to getting back to the major plot of this season next week.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: March 27, 2020, 09:32 PM »
I don't watch anything beyond the show, so maybe this was covered somewhere, but any thoughts that episode could set her up for a reunion with Rick in the upcoming movies?

I was working on a project, so was only half listening and my have missed something.  So far, I haven't been too impressed with this season.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: March 30, 2020, 09:53 AM »
Season whatever episode 16

So Carol's plan to release Negan. But then that psycho teen also somehow caught up with Negan. OR WAS HE EVEN REAL?  With this show...

Okay, which characters haven't hallucinated on this series yet? We've had Daryl, Rick, Tyreese, Michonne, Carol. It's so overused at this point I'd almost perferred Alpha have been an actual ghost. I guess they had Samantha Morton on payroll, might as well use her...besides her head.

Why did that guy Beta make get bit by Alpha's head not stab Beta in the back...literally. How retarded/brainwashed are these Whispers?  Guy just killed you and you follow him to some town as you slowly die.  (I write this like they are actual people, not characters.)

Michonne's replacement: some chick with a machine gun. Okay. Ezekiel thought the posed walkers were funny, but I'd be ready to shoot anything that moves after seeing that stuff.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 09:54 AM by Scockery »

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: March 30, 2020, 10:43 AM »
My understanding is the "chick with a machine gun" is an important character in the comics. I know she has an Action figure. I liked the episode. I also know it's only okay to use the internet for pointing out things you didn't like so I will keep it at that.

Haven't they made it abundantly clear the Whisperers are very brain washed? And I'm assuming they were showing us Ezekiel is losing it physically and mentally.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 11:12 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: March 30, 2020, 11:03 AM »
You have to look at the Whisperers like they are a cult.  That explains all their nutty behavior.

I liked the Beta reveal...they've been teasing it for a while, an album cover even showed up in FTWD.  Also, if you watched the Talking Dead Skype meeting, the actor who plays Beta was on and he had an interesting back story that at some point early on in the apocalypse, he had to kill someone who was wearing one of his concert t-shirts.  That's why he never takes of his mask...he wants his pre-apocalypse persona to be a hopeful inspiration for people, but he has to be ruthless now.  It's a lot deeper than the reveal in the comics where someone sees his face and recognizes him as a famous basketball player turned actor.  I believe they did all that in about five panels.

I did like Negan's story through this, especially when he and Daryl came across some whisperers.  Good stuff!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: March 30, 2020, 01:44 PM »
My understanding is the "chick with a machine gun" is an important character in the comics. I know she has an Action figure. I liked the episode. I also know it's only okay to use the internet for pointing out things you didn't like so I will keep it at that.

Why hold back?

It's the end of real civilization out here. Cut loose.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: March 30, 2020, 04:33 PM »
There was a new episode last night?  My DVR didn't pick it up for some reason...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: March 30, 2020, 08:21 PM »
Mine didn't either, luckily, we were able to change to it and rewind.  Thanks DirecTv!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: March 31, 2020, 10:19 AM »
Mine didn't either, luckily, we were able to change to it and rewind.  Thanks DirecTv!

Sounds like these DirecTV DVR bugs aren't just my system, but more widespread?  I've been having issues for about a week with various items either not recording, or recording but not being playable.  Is that what you guys are seeing?

I thought the episode was just okay.  Agree that the hallucination thing is getting old, and Carol wandering in the woods is getting old.  Suspending disbelief, but where did Beta find electricity to play his vinyl album and summon 100 walking dead.

I did like the Negan / Darryl scenes, and the dressed up / tied up zombies in Richmond were kind of fun.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: March 31, 2020, 12:33 PM »

Sounds like these DirecTV DVR bugs aren't just my system, but more widespread?  I've been having issues for about a week with various items either not recording, or recording but not being playable.  Is that what you guys are seeing?

Whenever I've had a problem with anything recording (which is few and far between), it's usually something wrong in the guide.  In the case of a series, it's accidentally not listed as first run.  A couple of weeks ago, TWD was set to record a later showing that evening, which is odd because even though a lot of shows were recording, it was under the seven show limit the Genie DVR has, even though TWD is one of the highest priority shows in my series manager.

Odd to be sure, but I'm not losing sleep over it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: March 31, 2020, 02:37 PM »
Yeah, oh well.  I downloaded the AMC app onto the Xbox and watched last night. 

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: March 31, 2020, 02:47 PM »
Yeah, oh well.  I downloaded the AMC app onto the Xbox and watched last night.

Yeah, when the DVR pukes we go to the AMC app too.  I wish the app could cast to ChromeCast or other things.  We had to do the same for Better Call Saul this week too.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: October 5, 2020, 01:39 AM »
So mostly that episode made me realize I was ok with no Walking Dead for the past 6 months
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: October 5, 2020, 09:07 AM »
I'm glad they're finally wrapping it up in 2021.  Hopefully that allows the writers to drive some interesting plot points with a defined end point.

Anybody watch the new Walking Dead spinoff last night?  I didn't, but I'm curious if it seems promising or not.