Author Topic: 2008 Wave 2 - The Force Unleashed  (Read 104559 times)

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Wave 2 - The Force Unleashed
« Reply #195 on: February 25, 2008, 04:20 PM »
Found more of this wave at WM's ( so cal area) today. Picked up Brood, Evo&Jumper troopers and Juno.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #196 on: February 25, 2008, 11:13 PM »
I cracked open my first case of TFU. The case ratio sucks because you get 5 figures that are useless(Biggs,Ani spirit, C3P0, Jango and the Wonder Bread Clone) WTF???? They should have doubled up on the two Stormies and Shadow Guard.

Here is my review breakdown:
Imperial EVO Trooper - A very cool Stormtrooper but he cannot hold the rifle well but still a great figure.
Imperial Jump Trooper - Another very cool Stormtrooper but the file talks about a jetpack which is not included.
Maris Brood - Disappointed in this figure. Very limited articulation kills her. Still an ok figure
Darth Vader (Battle Damage) - A cool version of Vader. Different enough to warrant getting, nice sculpt.
General Rahm Kota - Very cool figure, in fact he is my favorite of this wave!
Shadow Guard - Egh!! Cool saber staff but just a Black Royal Guard at the end of the day
Juno Eclipse - Nice but I am bored of this figure as I owned her for the last 4 months.

Overall TFU wave does not live up to the delayed release. I would even go as far to say that it's a fizzle finish to TAC. Rahm and Vader saved this wave for me. I am sorry I ordered 2 cases of this set. Keep an eye on my trade list.......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 26, 2008, 12:26 AM »
I got Rahm Kota and the Imperial Evo Trooper. Both are very cool. Can't wait to see the Jump Trooper when I get my case.
I remember my dream now.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 26, 2008, 11:28 AM »
I'm glad I didnn't order a case. I didn't want the first case assortment because of those previous figures.

I'm holding out for the Internet exclusive case assortment.
I that you get:
2 EVO troopers
2 Jump troopers
2 Shadow Guard
1 Rahm Kota
1 Battle Damaged Vader
1 Maris Brood
1 Juno Eclipse
and...2 Kashyyyk troopers

THAT is an excellent case assortment, at least to me.

I'll be ordering at least 2 if not 3 of that case. With that assortment, I'll only have a few extras to trade/sell-Shadow guards, BD Vader. The rest I'm keeping. So even if I got stuck with the other figs, the money I'm saving from buying them as cases,makes up for it.

I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 26, 2008, 03:20 PM »
I ordered two of that case.
I remember my dream now.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 26, 2008, 03:34 PM »
I still have not seen any of these at all I been running every morning to target toys and wally and nothing but peg warmers for the last month.  
Still haven't found the new ships evo packs nothing
zip
the only thing I found since wave 1 (still missing Gree and Vader) score have been the new pit droids in all three flavors.  

I am so tempted to army build the C-3PO with battle droid head.  with a fleet of rainbow jedi fighters.  

JACKOFTRADZE, I will be watching your trade list I could hook you up with the ultra rare battle droid 3PO, heck i can even get you it on three differnt card variations at retail no less.  Or are you willing to sell your extras??   email me.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 26, 2008, 03:47 PM »
You're lucky to have found wave 1. I still haven't seen any 2008 product in stores yet.

I only got my Evolutions set from buying a case online. The Unleashed battle packs my fiancee found and bought for me.

But as yet, I still haven't seen any stuff.

Waiting for the AT-AP to hit as well.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 27, 2008, 12:43 PM »
I  found this wave last night at a walmart   in greensboro NC. they had one each of all 7 figs. Picked up the two troopers for myself and a vader for a friend. haven't opend the troopers  yet but it was still cool too to see them on the shelves!  ;D
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 27, 2008, 01:42 PM »
Hit the new figure mojo last night as well. Wal-Marts here in Kansas City got them in. I snagged a set of each and I have to say that they look pretty good.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #204 on: February 27, 2008, 06:09 PM »
JACKOFTRADZE, I will be watching your trade list I could hook you up with the ultra rare battle droid 3PO, heck i can even get you it on three differnt card variations at retail no less.  Or are you willing to sell your extras??   email me.

I am an opener but check my trade list I have a lot of updates. I will resume trading on 2/4 so send me PM's. First come first serve.

Word!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 28, 2008, 06:52 PM »
I found these at the local WM on the way into work this morning.  I grabbed one each of the EVO Trooper, the Jumptrooper, the BD Vader, and Samurai Jedi (cue Belushi gong  ;) ) and I'm overall pretty impressed.  The Vader is really impressive, and Kota is one of the best random Jedi figures I could hope for.  I'm not quite sure of the point of the "lit saber scabbard" on his back, but it isn't enough to get all flustered about either. :)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 29, 2008, 01:04 AM »
Didn't realize Maris Brood didn't have knee articulation till I opened the figure. Kinda disappointing. Ankle but no knee. Looks like I'm gonna have to customize her.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Spacey

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 29, 2008, 02:22 AM »
These haven't reached NYC yet, at least not anywhere I've found. Tried Forbidden Planet tonight, Target and my local comic store over the weekend. They're going for crazy prices on ebay, alas...  :-\
I want your modern Imperials! Click for WTB list... :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #208 on: February 29, 2008, 04:44 PM »
Didn't realize Maris Brood didn't have knee articulation till I opened the figure. Kinda disappointing. Ankle but no knee. Looks like I'm gonna have to customize her.

Agreed...  I have no clue why Hasbro does that.  What possible good does the ankle joint serve on a figure who has no knee articulation.  It really doesn't improve the way you can pose her.  If anything positive, it helps her stand better if there is a problem there, but really, shouldn't we expect figures that can stand by themselves from Hasbro?  So the ankle joint is really very unnecessary.

No matter how you bring it up to them though, they seemingly blow the subject off...  I can't imagine that it's that they just don't "get it", but maybe that's the case.  It's always a disappointment though when you see a figure lacking knees like that, especially a clearly "action-oriented" figure like Marris Brood.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 29, 2008, 04:47 PM »

Agreed...  I have no clue why Hasbro does that.  What possible good does the ankle joint serve on a figure who has no knee articulation.  It really doesn't improve the way you can pose her.  If anything positive, it helps her stand better if there is a problem there, but really, shouldn't we expect figures that can stand by themselves from Hasbro?  So the ankle joint is really very unnecessary.

No matter how you bring it up to them though, they seemingly blow the subject off...  I can't imagine that it's that they just don't "get it", but maybe that's the case.  It's always a disappointment though when you see a figure lacking knees like that, especially a clearly "action-oriented" figure like Marris Brood.

Well she should at least make for good Outlander patron customs. All they do is stand around anyway... lol