Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 416701 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2190 on: November 3, 2006, 07:41 PM »
I think they look much much better than the prototype pics that we originally saw. Emma still isn't that good, but much better. I like the wave.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2191 on: November 6, 2006, 03:26 PM »
Just received the figures from wave 14 from Mikey.  They're pretty well done or at least Mikey picked some well painted figures.  Naturally I have a gripe and it concerns Psylocke: why doesn't she have articulated hands?  I have some spare katanas from the two Elektra figures that are around here somewhere (my daughter absconded with one of them) so it would make a natural fit for her to pose with a couple of them (barring the purchase of some psychic knives) and guess what?  No freaking articulation in the fingers >:(

Otherwise the line is quite nice: Falcon looks great, nice Canadian colours :P; Longshot is fine as he is but Aha songs keep running through my mind now for some odd reason.  Zemo's fine and Iron Man sucks.  Well, they both sort of suck, but it's what you get, right?  Just not a big Iron Man fan and Zemo's ok, I think that's one where the variant might be a bit nicer. 

I wonder if I'll be lucky enough to find the next wave out in Hawaii next month?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2192 on: November 6, 2006, 03:33 PM »
Oh yeah.  I want a Moleman. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2193 on: November 6, 2006, 04:35 PM »
I didn't realize Iron Man was such a fan favorite, but it seems like there's an Iron Man in almost every wave. He's like the clone trooper of ML.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2194 on: November 6, 2006, 05:49 PM »
Oh yeah. I want a Moleman.

He's a Marvel Legend?

« Last Edit: November 6, 2006, 05:49 PM by ruiner »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2195 on: November 7, 2006, 01:42 AM »
I suppose it's a little late for these, but I have a couple extra BAF pieces I acquired after buying some variants. I have an extra left aem for the Sentinel (came with Cyclops) and an extra blue right arm for Apocalypse that came with Sasquatch.

I'm not asking anything for them, just that you take them from me so I don't have to throw them away. I'll ship them to Canada too, if need be.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2196 on: November 7, 2006, 08:36 AM »
I'm actually interested in building a Sentinel figure, so I can take that arm off your hands. Is there a good place to acquire the other parts? Should I try fwooshnet?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2197 on: November 7, 2006, 10:11 AM »
I was just wondering...for those of you who collect Marvel Legends/Classics/Etc., do you read current Marvel comics anymore?  I think many of us started collecting these because of reading these comics growing up or in the past, but do any of you read the current comics from Marvel?  I read Marvel growing up, and that's really what started me into Legends (well, that and collecting Star Wars first I guess) - but I do read some of the current comics as well.  I was just wondering if anyone else here still reads the comics.  Maybe it was the other way around, and the figures got you into the comics.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2198 on: November 7, 2006, 10:32 AM »
Wizard has pics up of Hasbro ML Series 2, including X3 Phoenix (and variant), X3 Juggernaut, Ultimate Wolverine, Yellow Jacket, She Hulk, Quicksilver, Xorn (with variant and/or helmet), Thor, and the Blob.  Apparently these will appear in ToyFare this week.  Some of them appear to have lost a little of the paint detail seen on the protos at Comic Con and other previous shots, but maybe its just me.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2006, 10:41 AM by Brian »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2199 on: November 7, 2006, 10:42 AM »
Looks like Hasbro is going cheap on the articulation for some of these guys too.

That Jean Grey is awful...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2200 on: November 7, 2006, 11:51 AM »
I agree with the lack of paint detail. I wasn't expecting them to look as pretty as the stuff at SDCC, but a few of them (Jean Grey especially) look like they just walked out of one of TB's 90s lines.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2201 on: November 7, 2006, 02:56 PM »
This thread on the Fwoosh forums has some side-by-side comparisons of this wave when it was shown at Comic Con to these pics now.  They definitely look significantly different.  Some of the comments mention making them more "cartoon" looking, for kids, and I guess I can see where they are coming from.  I'm still looking forward to a few of these, but there is definitely a difference in detail.  There always is from protos to retail, but these seem maybe a little more so than in the past.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2202 on: November 7, 2006, 07:48 PM »
The pics from SDCC looked so much better. I am not very happy. I hope they retouch them again.  :-[

On a side note, the Brood / Skrull 2-pack coming out in the Marvel Select line is a great announcement. I am glad toybiz is using the molds they have and releasing them this way. I hope we get some more stuff they just won't have enough time to get out in the Legends line.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2006, 08:10 PM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2203 on: November 7, 2006, 10:02 PM »
The Jean Variant is horrible. I really hope that Hasbro does some work on the Jean piece. The others for the most part look great. I am happy to start seeing some more bad guys for the X-Men being made.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2204 on: November 8, 2006, 01:53 AM »
I'm actually interested in building a Sentinel figure, so I can take that arm off your hands. Is there a good place to acquire the other parts? Should I try fwooshnet?

I'd try there, or a Wal-Mart. Two WMs locally have scads of the Sentinel series, and if I was to walk into one now, I could probably build another Sentinel.