Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 416767 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2220 on: November 13, 2006, 04:57 PM »
Cool, thanks for the answer.  I find him to be smaller than he should be relative to some of the other ML figures.  Looks like I lucked out then as I only have the unmasked version and the Series 1 version so I did pretty well :)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2221 on: November 15, 2006, 10:57 AM »
Don't know if you guys have seen these or not so excuse me if it's older news (there's like 150+ pages and I'm a DC guy  :P).

Marvel Titanium Series:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2222 on: November 15, 2006, 11:18 AM »
Pass.

And yes, we know you're a DC guy (ptui).  I've even invoked your name in the DC superheroes thread a couple of times relative to GL.  Guess you're not reading that one :-*

But nope, I hadn't seen those, so thanks for posting.  I'm not sure my general Hasbro frustration isn't just a chip on my shoulder these days, but I'm sure negative towards their product.  Those look nice, but I won't be spending any money to get them.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2223 on: November 15, 2006, 07:55 PM »
Those are not for me. I don't buy the Star Wars ones so there is no way i am buying these. I will stick to the Legends.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2224 on: November 16, 2006, 10:45 AM »
I'm not a fan of titanium figures for any line, so I'll pass on these as well.

Are these things even selling? I see them collecting dust all the time, but they keep releasing them.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2225 on: November 16, 2006, 10:48 AM »
I'm curious how well the SW Titaniums are selling as well.  I see them everywhere, but I don't really keep track of them.  I'll probably be passing on this line as well, aside from possibly picking up the Spidey one.  I'm sure they will look pretty nice, but they just seem too pricey for what they are (Star Wars, Marvel, whatever brand it is).

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2226 on: November 17, 2006, 08:10 PM »
Target had the Hasbro Origins and Spidey two packs on the shelves tonight.  The two packs look like the same ML figures...Origins looked like ****

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2227 on: November 19, 2006, 10:19 AM »
My Target had these on an endcap, too.  The Origins figures looked like garbage, and the two-packs were just rereleases, but dumbed down.  The new paintjob on the movie Goblin is so flat it's horrible.  The original had a nice metallic look to it, and this one is just...flat. 

I find it highly amusing that the first thing Hasbro does with the Marvel license is a straight rehash of Toy Biz's stuff.   ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2228 on: November 20, 2006, 09:34 AM »
We have an endcap at our Target with shelftags for the Spidey Origins stuff, but they don't have them at the store yet.  I'd like to pick up the Spidey/Goblin movie 2 pack, just because I didn't get a Goblin the first time around.  I'm undecided on the MEGO-ish Origins figures.  I thought I'd pick up the "normal" Spidey, but it sounds like everyone feels these look pretty crappy - so I'll have to see them in person.

On another note, our local WM had the MODOK wave last Friday when I was shopping for some groceries.  I saw each of the regular figures in the wave, but could only pick up a few so I grabbed Moon Knight, Spider-Woman, and Beta Ray Bill.  Part of me wanted to pick them all up, and build MODOK, but with Christmas shopping this weekend and picking up the OT tins not that long ago, I thought I better spread things out a little bit.  I didn't see any of the variants, and they were all gone when I stopped there the next day.  Just lots of Sentinel wave on the pegs there otherwise, and the first wave of Face Off packs.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2229 on: November 20, 2006, 02:37 PM »
There are some updated pics up at Wizard now of Hasbro Marvel Legends Series 2.  These are "Hasbro's Official Shots", and while they do look much better, a lot of it might be lighting.  I know we've seen in the past that "official pics" from Hasbro of the Star Wars figures often end up looking a little different at retail.  I'll hope for the best though, and these pics do look better than the previous ones that were shown.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2230 on: November 20, 2006, 03:36 PM »
Thanks Brian.  Those are nice shots of the upcoming X-men Marvel Legends.  I guess I see the point of mixing movie figures in with the regular line, but I'm really not keen if they continue the BAF stuff, because I really have no need of those movie figures.  Sadly I'll have to buy them because I probably want a Blob figure, but this might be another line where I end up passing on some and not doing the BAF. 

I don't want Xorn.
I could probably tolerate the Jean figure and it does look considerably better.
I don't want that Juggernaut figure.
I don't want/need/desire/can't stomach another Wolverine figure.
I can't figure out why yet another Thor so soon.  Yeah, it looks neat, but I wonder about the scale issue as soon as I see it.

That means all I really want/need is three of eight figures in there.  It doesn't make any sense to get half the set that I don't want just to build Blob. 

Jeez, contradict yourself much in one post?   ::)

I'm a little leery of the pictures because there's bound to be some airbrushing in there so we'll wait and see.  I wonder if we'll start seeing these again at Canadian retail and if so, when?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2231 on: November 20, 2006, 03:39 PM »
That's kind of what I'm thinking with this wave as well.  I'd like to get the Blob BAF, but there's really only 3 figures out of this wave that I'd really want to have.  I'd be iffy at best on some of the others, and I don't know if it is worth it to buy all these other figures just to get the BAF.  We'll see when the time comes I guess.

I'm taking a "wait and see" with these new pics as well.  They look pretty spiffy now, but I remember seeing a number of Star Wars "Hasbro" pics where things looked pretty amazing too, often due to the lighting.  One example is the first pics we saw of the ROTS 12" line, where the Clone, Emperor, etc. looked unbelievable in the "lighted" pics, but they weren't necessarily anything spectacular at retail.  We've seen this in other examples too.  But, I'll hope for the best.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2232 on: November 21, 2006, 02:23 PM »
I don't remember reading anything on this, but I thought I would share...

I was over at Wikipedia just doing some reading and found that they had a page for Marvel Legends. If you go to their Site you can see a list of the stuff for the Hasbro Series 3.

Astonishing X-Men Cyclops
Danger
Ord
First Apperance Storm
Cosmic Marvel Girl (Rachel)
X3 Colossus
X3 Angel

Here is what they say about the list on the site...

"Hasbro has not yet indicated which other figures will be in wave 3, but a list of characters confirmed to be in either wave 1, 2, or 3 was shown on message boards. After series' 1 and 2 were confirmed, these characters were left."

--------------------

Personally I had no intention of getting any of the X3 figures, but they are making it harder and harder not to.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 07:05 AM by knashdx »
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2233 on: November 21, 2006, 10:31 PM »
I have seen that list before. It is probbaly legit becuase it is not a very good list. None of those interest me.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2234 on: November 21, 2006, 11:50 PM »
I'd go for Danger and Ord, only because they're from Astonishing X-Men. But I could easily leave the rest, and I'm hoping they'll be out of interesting BAFs by then (if tehy aren't already...)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk