Author Topic: Marvel Legends  (Read 416695 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2265 on: December 2, 2006, 08:17 PM »
Indeed there are. I want the Destroyer, Black Spider-Woman, Captain Marvel, Punisher and Mandarin variants. No luck on finding them though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2266 on: December 4, 2006, 09:31 AM »
The ToyBiz barrage continues as I found the Icons Spider-man at TRU this weekend.  I was really happy to find it, probably one of the things I was hoping the most to not miss out on.  I think it might be getting wrapped up as a Christmas present from the Mrs., but its nice to at least have one.  They didn't have the Peter Parker variant though, so I'll still be on the lookout for that one.  They also had a grey Beast.  I'm still slightly tempted to pick up more of these Icons, because they are pretty well done and a decent price for what you get (although display space could be an issue).  Plus, I would think the 6" characters I'd still want to get would be pretty limited at this point - and finishing up soon, but I thought that at the beginning of this year as well and here I continue to buy :).

Speaking of Series 15 as well...our TRU continues to just have tons of ML 13, 14 and 15 across pegs and shelves, but not a single variant to be found.  The variants on the Face Off sets (and Icons) seem to be much easier to find - at least in general.  I'm in the same boat as Ben, where I had kind of planned on getting the Punisher/Jigsaw set (just because I don't have a Punisher yet), but I didn't want to spend that much on the set when I can probably just pick up one of the older Punishers cheaper.  I think I might be just about done with the ToyBiz figures now too.  There's a few older ones I'd still like to pick up that I missed (Namor, Dr. Doom, Nick Fury, Punisher), and maybe Wasp from ML 15, but that might wrap things up on the ToyBiz line.  It sure was a nice run, and overall great work by the company on this line.  I wouldn't have ever imagined a line like this, ending up with the character roster that it did.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2267 on: December 5, 2006, 07:06 AM »
just for the hell of it I took a UPC code from a Face Off set and scanned it at Target. It came up in the system (087 06 1643). Minnesota didn't have any and neither did LA, but it is entirely possible that Target could carry these toys.

Personally I wouldn't bet on it.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2268 on: December 5, 2006, 12:34 PM »
Was able to pick up the red Wasp variant along with the Black Spider Woman at TRU.
I remember my dream now.

Offline pakledjim

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2269 on: December 6, 2006, 06:06 PM »
just for the hell of it I took a UPC code from a Face Off set and scanned it at Target. It came up in the system (087 06 1643). Minnesota didn't have any and neither did LA, but it is entirely possible that Target could carry these toys.

Personally I wouldn't bet on it.
I never saw the first series at Target, so I doubt they would atrat with the second series. I also had anemployee check with their hand scanner and it reads active, not on planogram and has no further info on it.

jiM
traded with:darthmaul94, Big Mac, Captain J Sparrow, starwax137,

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2270 on: December 8, 2006, 10:06 AM »
ToyNewsI.com has a look at what Hasbro's first wave of ML Icons will look like packaged up.  Pictures of Thor and (repainted) Wolverine at the linky, if interested.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2271 on: December 9, 2006, 11:38 PM »
I wound up doing really well on Modok series variants in the past day.  Last night as a TRU was closing near my job, I managed to score the red Wasp variant, Moon Knight variant and b&w Spiderwoman.  And then today I scored a Captain Marvell variant in a trade.  NICE!  Now I just have to track down a Destroyer and MAYBE a blue Wasp.  Oh, and enough regulars in the series to put together Modok.  ;D
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2272 on: December 11, 2006, 02:59 PM »
I saw all 6 Modok figures at TRU this weekend, I passed on the hopes i have a variant case coming...I sure hope so :)

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2273 on: December 11, 2006, 03:11 PM »
The only figure I want from this line is the variant black spiderwoman, and I haven't seen it anywhere.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2274 on: December 11, 2006, 03:21 PM »
Our local TRU had/has quite a bit of the MODOK series, but not a single variant to be found.  But then again, aside from Series 10 and Face Off packs, I don't think I've ever seen a Marvel Legends variant at retail.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2275 on: December 11, 2006, 04:14 PM »
I found a set of the variants today at KB  ;D Now i just need to find the face off variants.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2276 on: December 11, 2006, 04:21 PM »
I found two of the three variants I needed at a TRU today.  Now I just need a Destroyer, which unfortunately seems to be the one everyone wants.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2277 on: December 12, 2006, 08:17 AM »
Has anyone been able to determine what the DPCI # (Target) would be when Hasbro takes over?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 08:18 AM by knashdx »
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2278 on: December 12, 2006, 11:45 PM »
I found two of the three variants I needed at a TRU today.  Now I just need a Destroyer, which unfortunately seems to be the one everyone wants.

Join the club Mikey!  It just seems kind of strange that the variant would be a completely different character in the case of Iron Man in Thor Buster armor/Destroyer.  But then I guess we only need look so far to the two different Spiderwomen in this same series.

But riddle me this everyone...Has anyone come up with the Face Off 2 Iron Man/Mandarin variant set yet?  The reason I ask is that some people I know were speculating that the variant set was actually James Rhodes in War Machine armor and not Stark in some other Iron Man armor.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Marvel Legends
« Reply #2279 on: December 13, 2006, 12:25 AM »
But riddle me this everyone...Has anyone come up with the Face Off 2 Iron Man/Mandarin variant set yet?  The reason I ask is that some people I know were speculating that the variant set was actually James Rhodes in War Machine armor and not Stark in some other Iron Man armor.

From a thread at Fwooshnet:

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender