Author Topic: 30AC Wave 7 - Battle of Endor  (Read 42257 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 7 - Battle of Endor
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2007, 09:30 PM »
No McQuarries, Daigo-bah? Those are OT, sort of.
I'm going out Friday, maybe I'll find this wave. *cough*Unlikely*cough*
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 1, 2007, 04:18 PM »
I received a set of Wave 7 via BBTS yesterday, and I really like this wave overall.  First of all, especially with all of the shipping/finds lately, I kind of like having more manageable waves like this.  Five figures (6 if you count the Ewok 2 pack), and you're all set.

R2-D2 - A new take, although a repacked/repainted figure.  The accessories are really nice though, and they (in combo with this wave in general) really make me want to pick up the vintage Endor playset (or they could re-release it :P)

Romba and Graak - I know the Ewoks aren't always popular around here, but I'm really happy with these figures.  Both are nicely done, well articulated (for Ewoks), and have some nice accessories.  I hope we get some more next year - along with eventual resculpts of Wicket and Logray.

A-Wing Pilot - Real nice figure overall, and I hope to get a couple more.  Its nice to have some rebel troop builders like this - now if we can get the "soldiers" to go with the pilots.

Spirit of Anakin Skywalker - Not a bad figure, although the outer robe is kind of...different.  Just a different type of material than I've seen before on a figure.  I would have liked an alternate Sebastian Shaw head, but its still not bad.

McQuarrie Concept Han Solo - Another nice McQuarrie figure, and its nice to put him alongside Chewie.  Doesn't really look like Han at all, but that's par for the course for some of these concepts.  A nice figure though, hope to pick up another one to keep with my carded Hans.

Anyways, just random thoughts, but this is a pretty nice wave.  All OT - and 5 figures.  I wouldn't mind seeing 8-9 waves each year about this size, 5-6 figures each, and it would be a little easier to keep up (especially if 6 of them weren't shipped in the last 2-3 months of the year ;).
« Last Edit: November 1, 2007, 04:23 PM by Brian »

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 2, 2007, 05:07 PM »
Saw 2 lonely R2's hanging around from this wave at Walmart.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 6, 2007, 01:37 AM »
R2-D2 - A new take, although a repacked/repainted figure.  The accessories are really nice though, and they (in combo with this wave in general) really make me want to pick up the vintage Endor playset (or they could re-release it :P)

Hasbro, are you listening?  Brian, I'd support your need for a home for the Ewoks.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 9, 2007, 05:05 PM »
Picked up all of wave 7 at Target this week and extras of Tycho and R2.  R2 is much heavier than expected...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2007, 11:19 AM »
I agree, the Ewoks might be the highlight...  The fact they have individual arrows though, a working quiver...  I think the arrows even fit in the bow.  That's sweet stuff for Ewoks.  Bring on resculpts of all the previous figures save for Chirpa if they're this high quality.

I've opened the ewoks - definitely the best of the wave and rank right up there with the best of the TAC line. Although the arrows don't interact with the bow and you can't pose the bow as if he's pulling back the string like you could with the vintage ewok archers. But, you can mix and match the accessories between the 2 for added 'wok variety.

The Anakin is the turd in the punch bowl of this wave:
- No Sebastian Shaw alternate head
- The material used for the robe is way too stiff and isn't frayed at all along the edges like in the initial pics of this wave.
- The lightsaber hilt (aside from being wrong and unnecessary) has the peg to attach to the belt, problem is there's no corresponding hole in the belt.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 11:20 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2007, 11:37 AM »
I'm looking at my Ewoks right now and they are pretty sweet.  Kinda makes me mad that I shelled out $7 for OTC chirpa by himself.   :-\  Anakin is not my favorite, but I still like him better than my 38th R2.  At least R2 comes with an accessory.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 10, 2007, 07:45 PM »
My favorite of the wave is easily Tycho, though I don't have a McHan yet.  The Ewoks are sweet too.

All I need now are a couple Hans and 2-3 more Tychos and I have enough of this wave.  This wave is saving me money, which is awesome.

Passed on Anakin and wouldn't even take one for free.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2007, 09:05 PM »
Passed on Anakin and wouldn't even take one for free.

And I was going to offer you one for free.  ;) *I really don't have one yet*

Maybe Anakin in lingerie would be better for the ladies?

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2007, 12:24 PM »
I got Concept Han Solo from a trade with my dealer. Probably my third favorite figure of the Concept art subline (McSnowie and Chewie are much better in my eyes. Han is still a very cool figure with excellent sculpt, paint, and articulation. Two parts that really appeal to me are the cape (I love the way it's sculpted, with the wind blown look) and the pistol (the design is so simple and basic, yet it looks so deadly and lethal in the hands of a Sand Trooper or Nemoidian Soldier.) I can't wait until I find the other five figures from this wave, especially the ewoks.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2007, 05:20 PM »
Looks like people are starting to find this wave at both TRU and Target.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2007, 11:14 PM »
Those Ewoks look so incredible... I want them something fierce!

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 12, 2007, 12:13 PM »
After finally getting a good look at the Spirit Anakin I got to thinking it looks like a pretty easy switcharoo to make a new/kitbash version for a Ben Kenobi-ANH.
New boots, non-spirit "paint", and a new ball jointed head easy Ben for Hasrbo to make for us.  Though it is pretty lame to have a plug in lightsaber hilt with no where to put it.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 13, 2007, 05:46 PM »
Found wave 7 at local TRUS, McHan was missing....The Anakin is "funny" if not "strange", the Ewoks rock, the A-wing pilot is cool, and I also like the R2 w/ cargo net..at least they colred his feet w/ grass stains.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 08:00 PM by Darth_Ice »

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 13, 2007, 07:52 PM »
I found just wave 7 at my local TRU, And while i usually just look for Clones and Stormies, i must say Rhomba really rocks! This sawed off lil' @#$* looks like He's down for some devious #$%@! His eyes say it all...
I'm impressed! I may just have to make a Rhomba Fett.