Author Topic: 2022 Droid Factory - Mandalorian Set  (Read 2871 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
2022 Droid Factory - Mandalorian Set
« on: December 25, 2021, 05:10 PM »
Saw this on Yak Face this morning...

« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 10:39 PM by Jeff »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 Droid Factory - Mandalorian Set
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2021, 05:10 PM »
Also, does anyone know why every time I post an image these days it blows it way up so you have to scroll left and right to see the whole thing?  It's a small image. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2021, 10:20 PM »
This is a really cool set that a lot of people will have interest in collecting I predict.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2021, 10:40 PM »
Very glad to see that gondola astromech... to bad we'll never get the lava gondola that he should be piloting!

Hope this set is easy to get on ShopDisney.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2021, 11:35 PM »
Very glad to see that gondola astromech... to bad we'll never get the lava gondola that he should be piloting!

Hope this set is easy to get on ShopDisney.

I contend that Gondola Droid and his boat should have been a Hasbro Deluxe set, he is even mostly repainted pieces.

I am excited to get him and the security R1 droid. The truck driving astromech is great, but we need the truck.

I will happily hunt this set. It is already showing up on eBay for $150. Still too steep for me.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2021, 09:30 AM »
This set is pretty awesome!  It’s easy to pick out at least three of these droids and when they appear on The Mandalorian.  I really hope this winds up on Shop Disney, too.  The least expensive of the 2 listings I found on eBay was $79 plus shipping.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2021, 10:26 AM »

Agreed.  You would think they could take the recent Tatooine Skiff and re-use a lot of those components to make a Nevarro gondola.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2021, 04:50 PM »
This set is pretty awesome!  It’s easy to pick out at least three of these droids and when they appear on The Mandalorian.  I really hope this winds up on Shop Disney, too.  The least expensive of the 2 listings I found on eBay was $79 plus shipping.

I saw it for $84 shipped today so I bit, $21 a droid and I won't sweat it any longer. Disney droids give me panic attacks, I still have that Rainbow droid in his package because of how all that went down. So it's like I don't have it.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2021, 06:35 PM »
Do we know what the price is going to be for this?  If its like they're previous sets I'm assuming it'll be $35-40.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2021, 09:24 PM »

I saw it for $84 shipped today so I bit, $21 a droid and I won't sweat it any longer. Disney droids give me panic attacks, I still have that Rainbow droid in his package because of how all that went down. So it's like I don't have it.

I appreciate someone other than me paying eBay prices so the rest of us can get it for normal pricing. 

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2021, 09:34 PM »
Maybe they’ll show up on this week’s Bring Home the Bounty?

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2021, 10:27 PM »

I appreciate someone other than me paying eBay prices so the rest of us can get it for normal pricing.

Lol. My pleasure, I never bite early. I've been so sour on modern stuff lately, it's a pleasure to see something and say "hey neat, I want that!"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2021, 11:31 AM »
Like the other droid sets this is priced at $44.99.  Re-sellers are asking double that price and seem to be including free shipping.

The info that I got was that they turned up at the Emporium in the Magic Kingdom.  No word about showing up at Tatooine Traders yet.  I'm hoping that they'll turn up on Shop Disney soon - especially since they offered the Holiday droids via Shop Disney, too.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2022, 02:43 AM »
Mine came in the mail over the weekend and I was excited to get home to some new droids.  They’re pretty sweet.  The new astromech domes are nice and have some modular design built into them for I’m guessing possible reuse later with different possible attachments or whatnot. 

The security droid is kind of an army builder, and it’d be cool to have a couple, but the price obviously makes that a tough proposition. 

The champion of the box is the boatman over the river styx.  He’s def cool and would make a neat astromech with the right legs.  He’s completely clean which doesn’t jive with my memory of him in the show but that’s ok.  His joints needed heating to loosen some of them, however his main joints at the hip and shoulders are kinda on the loose side, and his heavy nature makes him topple easily.  Once I got him posed right he holds ok but he def could fall with the slightest fart crosswise.  His oar is I think similar or meant to be similar to or same as the weird staffs the Mustafar bug looking dudes had.  Weird we got figures of them now that I think about that.  Anyway the oar is way big though and a heavy accessory. 

He makes me really long for the boat now, which given the stuff 3D dudes now I’m sure it exists or will shortly. 🤷‍♂️

Overall a fun set.  Now I want the blind box droids.  Hell, I love the boxes even.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2022, 09:58 AM »
A website I wasn’t familiar with called MDS collectibles has these for $46.99 plus shipping.  It was $58 all in so I bit. 

Now on to those mystery crates…