Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 366218 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #420 on: June 10, 2007, 10:23 PM »
I'm pretty sure that I saw a pic on Tfans that Bonecrusher will eventually be released as a leader class toy as well as a rumored Screamer.......I'm just too lazy to dig around for a linky at the moment.

Oh, and TRU has a free $5 giftcard for any TF purchase over $25.

***Edit with linky

Looks like these may just be issued overseas via HobbyLink - Voyager Bonecrusher & Leader Screamer..

And then there's this pic from Ultiimate BB's packaging for Brawl
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 04:02 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 13, 2007, 06:12 PM »
I hope that a Voyager class Bonecrusher is in the offing here in the US, as I don't want to/don't know the first thing about importing a toy from overseas.  The only time I've ever done it was when I went in with several guys back in 2000 for a case of Episode I Eopies, and even then it was just one guy ordering a case for 7 other guys, and he split them up and shipped them out.  I would fully assume that ordering one Voyager Bonecrusher would crush my wallet more than my bones. :)

Still no sign of the Robot Heroes five-pack (although I did get the last two sets of two packs that are out right now) around here, but WM did put out some Optimus Prime box set earlier in the week.  It had the Classics Deluxe "1984" Prime (from the "vs" two pack with Megatron) and a seemingly new Deluxe class "2007" movie version of Prime.  It was called "Leader of the Ages" or something equally silly.  Needless to say, I passed on it, as the Leader Class Prime is damn near perfect. :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 14, 2007, 09:25 AM »
I was looking through Hasbro's site yesterday, and saw that "Leader of the Ages" Prime pack listed on there (as a WM exclusive).  I was picking up a few things at Target yesterday, and ended up picking up another one of the Robot Heroes packs - Bumblebee and Soundwave.  These things are pretty cool.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 14, 2007, 04:18 PM »
Does anyone have any opinions on the movie Deluxe Bumblebee?  I'd kind of like to pick something up from the movie range, and I'm not sure if I can talk the Mrs. into the $40 plus Prime (at least not so far).  I thought about looking into the more affordable deluxe range, and was a fan of Bumblebee growing up.  Just curious if anyone had any thoughts on this one (or any others you particularly like).

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 14, 2007, 04:35 PM »
I haven't had a chance to open Bumblebee or any of the movie toys for that matter as I still have a backlog of SW stuff to get through.  Hasbro will also be releasing the 09 Camaro deluxe this summer, but I'm really looking forward to this bad boy.  Not sure if your wife would approve of a $80 robot though...

Classics BB was a fun little toy and you still might be able to find him at a WM or TRU.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 04:48 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 14, 2007, 06:06 PM »
Does anyone have any opinions on the movie Deluxe Bumblebee?  I'd kind of like to pick something up from the movie range, and I'm not sure if I can talk the Mrs. into the $40 plus Prime (at least not so far).  I thought about looking into the more affordable deluxe range, and was a fan of Bumblebee growing up.  Just curious if anyone had any thoughts on this one (or any others you particularly like).

The Deluxe '74 Camaro Bumblebee is actually really nice, although it looks like Takara's Japanese version is just a bit nicer, since the US version has painted-on windows and yellow missles, while the Takara version has the clear blue windows and missles.  Oh well, that's not what you asked about Brian.  ;D

Back to the original point, the Deluxe Bumblebee is a really nice toy.  Lots of articulation, a relatively easy transformation, a good level of detail, and all that at a great price.  The only thing to be aware of before you get it is that there is apparently a run of these whose Automorph feature is a bit more difficult than others (the first step of the transformation is to firmly push the button on the hood down, which releases the entire piece to fold into the chest; some people have tried to transform the hood without the button being pushed and it's broken a rather small piece that holds it together in car mode).  That being said, it is a really nice toy and since Bumblebee's one of the more prominent characters in the film, I'd say to pick this one up. 

If you're going old-school, the Classics Bumblebee that iFett mentions is a great little toy, too, especially if you're a fan of the character from the G1 days. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 15, 2007, 09:00 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys.  I'd actually been looking at that classics Bumblebee since it came out, always tempted to pick it up, so I might end up going that route too, we'll see.  I see both of these are available at HTS, and I think TRU here might have them as well.  Thanks again.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 16, 2007, 01:19 PM »
That RH Sneak Attack set is available online at the place i hate

I haven't even been to a WM since I found ALT Ravage & Rumble a few months back.  That father's day SW thing wasn't enough to get me in that store.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 16, 2007, 07:47 PM »
Still no sign of the Robot Heroes pack at the two local WMs around me, so it looks as if I'm going to have to make a brief road-trip in the coming weeks to the Uber-Wal-Mart I mentioned earlier in this thread (the one that had the mountain of Devastators, Alternator Rumbles and Ravages, and the SW Treachery on Saleucami Battle Packs along the back wall) to see if they're stocking this.  I don't think I'll ever understand how some retailers get exclusives that the vast majority of stores don't end up getting in the end scheme of things.

Target, my personal favorite retailer as far as exclusive items go (sarcasm heavily implied), did, however, put out their newest exclusive that will be in the dollar bin within the month earlier this morning.  It was a three pack of Titanium figures with a supposedly exclusive Protoform Prime, Movie Prime in truck mode, and Movie Prime in robot mode.  They had about 6 of them on the shelf, and I would be willing to bet they'll have six of them next week, too.  ::)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 17, 2007, 12:56 PM »
That's what I love about Target exclusives...Not only does EVERY store stock them, but they also make sure you can get them for half price if not more one month after they're released.

I skipped the TRU tite 2pack, but the 3pk at Target seems like an okay deal.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #430 on: June 18, 2007, 09:16 AM »
Online only... guess I am stuck. Wish I could see how they looked in the box.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 18, 2007, 01:02 PM »
We stopped to look at the Transformers movie stuff a little more closely this weekend, and things look pretty nice.  I just about picked up a Bumblebee (only one at TRU, none at Target), but ended up passing since we were picking up some more stuff for the baby.  I might end up getting that though.  I was looking at the Optimus Prime toys as well.  Not sure if I can swing the $40-45 Leader class Prime, but how are people feeling about the Target exclusive (robo vision?) version?  I know there are some differences, but anything that would make it vastly inferior to the leader class version?  Its half the price, so I was just curious.  Thanks again for any advice.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #432 on: June 19, 2007, 08:32 PM »
Here a cool Megatron for all you Revoltech figures collecotrs.

http://www.ningyoushi.com/product_p/rev017-a1.htm
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 20, 2007, 09:50 AM »
On a Transformers-related note, a pic has shown up online showing Optimus Prime from the upcoming new "Transformers Animated" cartoon.  Aside from the G1 toons I grew up with, I think the last time I watched any type of Transformers toon was the Beast Wars days with my younger brother.  I think I've taken a look at a couple of the others, but I just couldn't get interested in them.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 20, 2007, 10:56 AM »
Beast Wars had something going, but I just never got into the animal/beast aspect. 

Trust me, your not missing A THING on the other shows other than crappy storylines and bad animation.  RID (Robots in Disguise) got me back into collecting Transformers and that show was at least watchable.  Armada, Energon, and Cybertron all sucked - I somehow got through each season, but it was rough.  The whiny little kids in the cartoons didn't help much either.  I really thought the story line surrounding Unicron and Primus would have been excecuted much better, but they completely blew it so I don't have much hope for the new series, but I'll suck it up and watch it.